I love POP because...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I :heart: everything about Pop!!!!! That was my first new U2 album experience and my first U2 concert experience (I became a fan in '95). I :heart: the songs, I :heart: the look, I :heart: the
icon34.gif
!!!!!!!!! :D

I love Pop for all it's rawness. It was an unfinished idea in the convetional sense, like they didn't get to mix it to perfection, but it makes the album so much more interesting, so much more rock and roll. They had no idea what they were doing, they had no control over the monster that it was, the music really took over whether for better or for worst. It took the band on a journey and they were only along for the ride. What an amazing ride it was Sarejavo, Santiago, S?o Paulo, and much more. It is to me the greatest, darkest, most hurmorous, and sarcastic album which I hated during the time, wouldn't even sit through the video of Discotheque, but now that I am older and understand the references and the joke I really truly appreciate it even if it's not the best music or best look individually, as whole it is a great sucess.

Besides what would U2 fandom be without all the lemon jokes?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i love POP because of IYWTVD:kiss: (coughMYSIGNONNAMEcough), SATS, LNOE, MOFO, IGWSHA, GONE, BOOMCHA, etc... and because that ALBUM F'ing Rocks. :drool: :drool: :drool:

And here I am, being a complete dork. :der: Why do I love POP?

ehm..... that would be the lyrics to the song - If You Wear That Velvet Dress....

Tonight, the moon is playing tricks again
I'm feeling seasick again.
The whole world could just dissolve
Into a glass of water.

Yummay. Oh, and I :heart: POP because when I'm feeling down, I can put on that album and let the music wash over me, and for just a little while, I can pretend the whole world could just dissolve into a glass of water.

Moonie :D

yeah buddy!

I completely agree with Flower...the guys were at their hot hot hottest at that time!!! :heart: :love: :drool: :kiss:

L:love:ved short-hair Bono (sorry girls!), bedazzled Edge, ducktailed Larry, and amazing Adam!!! They were all at their "peak of freshness", IMHO!

it's also my favorite album...cos it's where I got *my* name too! ;)

Screaming Flower said:
i :heart: pop because i think the guys looked hottest in that era.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

How on earth did I manage to miss this thread? Ahhhh!!!!

I :heart: Pop because that was when I really became obsessed with U2. Popmart was an amazing, life-chaning experience that I will never forgot for as long as I live.

det1.jpg

det7.jpg

det9.jpg

det6.jpg

det5.jpg

i love pop b/c of the music (gone being my fav song), popart tour (wasn't there but looked amazing on video), the look (holy fook they were hot!!), and everything else about it that i'm just to tired to think about right now.

i just :heart: POP!!!!!!!! :dance: :D

the music...please is one of my top 5 fav songs....was my first u2 album

can i just say that i agree with everyone else?

popmart santiago......:heart:

great all around music

You're my hero!

hippyactress said:
Why I love Pop...

Because the band was so vulnerable and real on that album. They acknowledged the influence that rock star life had been having on them for almost 20 years. They acknowledged that life was not always good and happy. I think it was their darkest album which is why some people don't like it. But for me, it's like Bono wrote down the words I would have written at that time in my life. And the sounds the band made are out of this world. I think the album was their most advanced and experiemental (even though Zooropa won a grammy for alternative album). I think Pop is an album that will always be relevant because there will always be poplife.

I'll be back later with more :)

I have to say I agree with you 100% :yes:

This thread is so awesome.

More reasons to love POP!

The transition from Please to Streets, total despair turns to hope and joy!

The people of Sarajevo singing "Stand By Me" and filling in for Bono when he lost his voice.

Edge singing Sunday Bloody Sunday by himself.

POP gave us some touching musical moments, that's for sure.

*rushes home to watch PopMart on video*

"Thanks for the burritos!" :heart:

[COLOR=royal blue]Everytime I watch "One" from PopMex.....:sad: I cry. Freal. It's so.....GAW... [/COLOR]

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom