I knew there was something I had to do... Tres!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't vote, but... where the voting took place there were cars lined up one after the other all the way down the street :huh: Talk about a BIG thing going on lol.

Well, I voted for Kerry. And yes, I'm from Ohio. And I stood in line for 2.5 hours.

My stomach has been tied in knots all morning--I am really saddened and nervous that I will have to deal with four more years of this.

Okay, I went to bed at like 2, and I wake up and only Fox News has called Ohio? Is that right? I have to go to work so I don't have time to check around, but I'm like aaaaaah, what's going on?!
In conclusion, wtf. Help me out here people :wink: (*too lazy to sift through FYM*)

In other news, MI and IL went blue, so neener neener to all my housemates, my vote counts and yours doesn't. :tongue: :D

CNN still hasn't called Ohio.
Can't they see their own numbers? It's not that hard...

and I think my Victory Dance has now been renamed my I'm Moving to Canada dance.

Then again, in a little less than a year I'm moving to a large city somewhere, so at least I won't be surrounded by belligerant rednecks.

I need to go to work.

I just worry about the rest of the world's perception of us right now. There seems to be a lot of generalizations in FYM - "Americans this , Americans that."

No matter who won, the votes split almost in half. Half of the country doesn't agree with the choice of the other half made. We don't all feel the same way.

kellyahern said:
I just worry about the rest of the world's perception of us right now. There seems to be a lot of generalizations in FYM - "Americans this , Americans that."

No matter who won, the votes split almost in half. Half of the country doesn't agree with the choice of the other half made. We don't all feel the same way.

:yes:

kellyahern said:
I am not doing the happy dance today

:sad:

Oh well, back to avoiding the news and tuning the TV to Animal Planet and VH1 classic . . .

Kelly - I'm doing the same thing right now - but I had to switch over to the concession speech even though it is painful to watch
But it looks like Edwards might be giving his first speech for Edwards 2008:)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
There seems to be a lot of generalizations in FYM - "Americans this , Americans that."

It's pretty much like that there every day Kelly, so today's nothing different :|

I guess Canada (or choose some other country to flee to) is some kind of utopia and we're all just arrogant, ignorant fools here in the USA :shrug: At least if I was ever cynical and/or naive enough to think that way, I could still have PLEBA there :wink:

Yeah, I like how people in FYM are wanting to move to another country because of how the election turned out, but what where these people doing to make any difference in the four years between elections? :shrug:

Good point livluv, heck I voted for Kerry and I'm certainly feeling down today, but I keep hope alive. What else can I do?

It's an easy way out in my humble opinion, easier to be cynical and defeatist than to think about what you can do to improve things.

No place is perfect. I'm not saying that as a cop out, I just think it's a fact.

i had to listen to my dad gloating in the car all morning about bush this and kerry that
"ohhh those people can take down their stupid kerry signs now because hes a big loser"
"looks like not enough people could rally around that loser kerry"

yeah shut up dad.
thanks
I voted kerry, but i still have to live around 99% republican christian coalition supporters.
Im what you would call a christian but not a conservative stick to the book in your face jesus pimper
now that everyone knows i voted against bush i have to listen to them shit talk me and gloat over his loss

Fuck

hippy said:
So we left off talking about voting...

It took me about an hour to vote.

You are lucky, here in Venezuela we made a "Referendum" to reelect our President and there was people who stayed for 24 hours, my siwster spent 14 hours in the line, and the proces is electronic too :huh:

kellyahern said:

Indeed.
My thought is, what if we finally have that war with China that we're all waiting for and all the other countries hate us and don't come and help us and we get our asses kicked?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Yeah, I like how people in FYM are wanting to move to another country because of how the election turned out, but what where these people doing to make any difference in the four years between elections? :shrug:

That could be true... But however there are a lot of people who feel threatened by the political climate that is shaping up in the USA too.

Secondly, there are things that I believe should be done to make a difference...I fear however that they aren't priorities of the Bush Administration....

I don't know...dirty day indeed.

starsgoblue said:

That could be true... But however there are a lot of people who feel threatened by the political climate that is shaping up in the USA too.

it's hard to feel enthusiastic about trying to change things when as soon as you open your mouth you're met with hatred from the other side

this goes both ways, but it'd make anyone want to just shush and find a new place to live that's not quite so stressful

I loved Jon's plea on Monday - "I'm a comedian who makes fun of what I believe to be the absurdities of our government. Make my life difficult. Make this next four years really fucking hard for me."

I think tonight's show will be half an hour of everyone in the studio weeping.

MrsSpringsteen said:
easier to be cynical and defeatist than to think about what you can do to improve things.

But there's a difference between being defeatist and being realistic. I don't think necessarily "that's it I'm moving to Canada" is being realistic, but that said there is only so much one person can do. I guess I can see some people being so fed up with things that something like that sounds like the only option. My advisor used to be Dick Armey's chief of staff but he got so sick of D.C. politics he's now...well, my advisor. And that's almost as drastic as moving to Canada. :wink:

Lies sez:
what were these people doing to make any difference in the four years between elections?

Just because every anti-bush person's personal agenda didn't get put into law doesn't mean they've been sitting around with their thumbs up their butts whining for the past 4 years. After all, he is the president, kinda up there on the power chain. I mean, it's not like "maybe if we get him drunk. Very drunk." :D

*edited because spelling is a virtue.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

Secondly, there are things that I believe should be done to make a difference...I fear however that they aren't priorities of the Bush Administration....

I don't know...dirty day indeed.

Exactly.

I can't help but feel defeatist when every single issue that I stand up for, every single issue that I hold passionate beliefs about is something that Bush's presidency has repeatedly erroded. I'm very scared to think that our country might move even further backwards than we have in the LAST four years.

The Bush administration makes it very hard for me to be proud that I'm an American citizen. :sad:

But, like Keocmb said, at least we KNOW he only has four more years to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom