I knew there was something I had to do.... sechs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here too! :madwife:

but it was also a balmy 54 degrees, so I can't complain all that much :D
well... I did get to do the health insurance run-around all morning and then got a bill for $322, so I can complain a little.

On the moon colony we'll have universal healthcare and a controlled climate.

Kristie said:

On the moon colony we'll have universal healthcare and a controlled climate.

woo!

To add to this rainy day mood... I got official notice that I did not get into Duke graduate school. :( I'm a bit disappointed because now I'm down to 4... and 4 tough schools... if I couldn't hack it for Duke, I don't know how I'll make it into the others :|

*prays someone likes me*

hippy said:

woo!

To add to this rainy day mood... I got official notice that I did not get into Duke graduate school. :( I'm a bit disappointed because now I'm down to 4... and 4 tough schools... if I couldn't hack it for Duke, I don't know how I'll make it into the others :|

*prays someone likes me*

yale was the only school that accepted me
so... there's a message there that I'm having trouble phrasing intelligently. But you're smart and I'm sure you get it.

:hug:

Thanks guys :)

I'm feeling better about it this morning... instead of being like "there's only 4 more schools"... I've decided to be happy that there ARE 4 more schools that haven't made a decision yet :yes:

And on another note: it's still raining like mad today :grumpy:

Kristie said:

yale was the only school that accepted me
so... there's a message there that I'm having trouble phrasing intelligently. But you're smart and I'm sure you get it.

I would be tempted to call back the other schools and say, "Hey :censored! Yale accepted me. How about them apples!"

:shifty:

Then again, I went to grad school at FSU - immediately after my internship, which was in the same major at FSU. So getting in was basically, "Hey guys, you know I'll be back in the fall, okay?" :huh:

that would have been nice... Dave didn't originally apply to the school he goes to now, but at some chem conference some guy saw his poster and basically told him they'd accept him if he sent in his application.. and he was getting scared that nobody else would accept him so he did.
BU accepted him too, but noooooo he has to go to school in texas that's 30 hours away instead of Boston that's 2 hours away.

anyway.
hey, spring break is in 3 weeks

hey kids
how's it going for all of you?

kristie's update:
big blizzard heading straight toward me... yesterday they predicted 6" of snow and everyone freaked out and I went "hmmph!"
But now we've been upgraded to 12-16 inches and that's not really anything to scoff at.
On the unfortunate side, that means scuba class was cancelled for tomorrow since they have to drive this big truck down here from about an hour away.

aaand my new laptop is slightly busted. Obviously I'm using it now so it's not horribly busted, but slightly.

Everyone's freakin' out! We've got minor, albeit wet, accumulation and the metro's all but closed and we almost got stuck in Virginia.

Yeah.

:giggle:

it's 23 here at the moment (wind chill of 17)

It's actually really really pretty outside... with the big blizzard there's snow everywhere, but hardly anyone's been driving so the snow on the roads is still all white.
And then with the street lights and pretty buildings it's a veritable winter wonderland!

Except on narrow sidewalks where the waist-high plowed snow pile by the road meets the wall on the other side of the sidewalk. Tough going there. Uphill both ways.

hippy said:

I know! brrrr! Actually had to turn the heat on last night...

BTW, Ellen... are you at school now in DC?

And twin, are you still planning on summering in the Caribbean?

I believe so.
If not, I'm going to be grumpy, 'cause scuba diving class (which was cancelled today :sad: ) is expensive.
I haven't sent in all my stuff yet still because I got slammed with exams and stuff... but I vow to have it all done by the end of the week, and then we'll see.

though... in two weeks will be spring break that is two weeks long!
I will be in indiana and then dallas where it will be like 60-70 and I will be happy. Last time I was there it was 100 every day and I hid in the house. This time, though! I will be outside!

I also have a goal over spring break to teach Dougal to do some agility stuff. I think he would be good at it. Provided the weather cooperates.

Kristie said:

I also have a goal over spring break to teach Dougal to do some agility stuff. I think he would be good at it. Provided the weather cooperates.

:up: I just watched agility Nationals (where the Aussies dominate, as usual).

Ellen, you missed it, Lisa randomly came home for three days! We went out for lunch (me, her, Taylor) and even kept an open spot on the inside for you. :D

hippy said:
BTW, Ellen... are you at school now in DC?

:yes: yep. We have a semester in DC program so I get to spend my last semester at an internship here instead of in the midst of the senior scramble back home. :wink:

Did I really totally forget to mention it to you guys?

Also Lies, two weeks of living with all these females has made me realize how much we all communicate like guys - I get yelled at for interrupting (it's rapport-building, I swear!) and trying to solve problems instead of just listening to people talk about them.
And Lisa never called me like she said she was going to. :grumpy:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:up: I just watched agility Nationals (where the Aussies dominate, as usual).

Ellen, you missed it, Lisa randomly came home for three days! We went out for lunch (me, her, Taylor) and even kept an open spot on the inside for you. :D

I was watching it too :D
Dougal's just got so much damn energy because mom and Tim don't really play with him... he's not well trained, he barely knows "sit".. so it might be a little hard to teach him "jump through this hula hoop!"
But I think it would be good for him, at least he could get some exercise. Plus, apparently aussies rock at that stuff :up:

Though they showed a little welsh corgi doing the course and I sat there and giggled like mad. I love watching dogs with little short legs run, and running an agility course? Awesome. :giggle:

Ultraviolet Light said:

:yes: yep. We have a semester in DC program so I get to spend my last semester at an internship here instead of in the midst of the senior scramble back home. :wink:

Did I really totally forget to mention it to you guys?

I think you might have... I don't remember hearing anything about it. Though I might not have been paying attention. But anyway, that sounds really awesome!

I will be in our nation's capitol for about an hour in a few weeks :D
At the airport.
Whoo-ee, airport.

and Lies, my scuba buddy (we have to have buddies) is named Phil and I think he looks a good bit like what I remember Phil looking like. I thought of you.

aaand.. um.. update on kristie's busted laptop: Dell guy says my optical drive is flat-out broken and they're sending me a new one that I have to install.

On that note, say hello to post number 500... next person to reply gets to start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom