I knew there was something I had to do... fünf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think said show is still on. Why I think this, I don't know. But I do.

Hokay. So. I have a question.
When should I take the GRE?
Cause apparently all of the professors here see no reason to tell us that we probably should have taken it over the summer, so none of us did.
Also, I'm taking the LSAT October 1. And I thought the GRE was October 22 but then I went to sign up for it and found out that that's just the paper one, and I can take the computer-based one anytime (yes, I am really that uninformed).
So I guess I should sign up for this, eh? But I don't know when to take it, cause I haven't even begun to study for the LSAT or the GRE. I could take it in September, before the LSAT, but then I'll spend the time between now and then studying for the GRE and not the LSAT, and I could take it in October, after the LSAT, but then I don't know that I'll have enough time to study for it. And I could take it after October, but I don't know how late I can still take it and be able to use the score for grad school in the fall of 2006. And possibly still have time to take it again if I want/need to. Though you just can't take it more than 5 times in a calendar year and more than once a month, right?

So, in conclusion: when should I take it, dear wise friends? :wink:

Take it after the LSATs and don't stress about it... it's no sweat

I didn't study that hard for it and did about the same as I did on my SATs...

Point being... LSAT is WAY more important to what you want to do in the rest of your life than GRE... :yes:

...I never took the LSAT. Then again, I don't care about law.
Dave says that if you're going to law school they don't even ask for the GRE and you don't need it. However, you should check on your schools of choice's requirements just in case.

I took the GRE in late october and it worked out fine for me. I studied a good bit and I did waaaaay better on it than I did on my SATs... mostly I had to remind myself how to do math. According to the GRE people I am a genius of anthropologists.

Anyway, do you know where you're applying? Some places have application deadlines earlier than others... Dave's deadline for Yale was in early November, so he probably didn't take it as early as he should have (he took it in late october too). Then again, he didn't get into Yale.

Yeah, I'll probably only end up using the LSAT score, but I'm not completely sure so I figured I'd best take them both just in case. Aaand I have no clue as to where I'm applying. I don't even know what I'd want to go to grad school FOR. I should get on these things.

I didn't study at all for the ACT, so now I'm like "wha? studying for standardized tests?"

And I took a practice LSAT online and did quite terrible on it. :reject: However, I like to attribute that to the fact that one of the roommates kept coming into my room and going "whatcha doin? Now I'm going to babble on about my uninteresting day."
At least that's what I keep telling myself. :shifty:

My advisors suuuuuck for not doing diddly. Because clearly this is their responsibility and not mine as a 21-year-old. :wink:

see if you can get one of those studying books, or find one at the library
it can't hurt and sometimes they give you some good tips that have absolutely nothing to do with how smart you are

u2granny said:
My daughter it home, safe and sound. She took lots of pictures of the fire.

I'm glad she's okay :hug:.

took the GRE in late october and it worked out fine for me. I studied a good bit and I did waaaaay better on it than I did on my SATs... mostly I had to remind myself how to do math

:lol: I don't remember how I did on it, but I do remember that in the four years since I had last taken it in high school, I had almost completely lost my ability to do any sort of complex math. That and the logic section were killers. I must have passed though, because I got my masters :lol:. Of course, it was in Recreation, so who knows what the minimum score was :reject:.

so...
I woke up this morning and apparently someone was building a wall on the other side of the bedroom wall. Actually, I'm not sure what they were doing because I couldn't see anyone out the window, but it sure sounded like a wall.

and I went to make twice-baked potatoes last night and there was a big ole cockroach in the potatoes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :yikes:
it'd best be the only one, but now I'm all cockroach-wary.

Kristie said:
so...
I woke up this morning and apparently someone was building a wall on the other side of the bedroom wall. Actually, I'm not sure what they were doing because I couldn't see anyone out the window, but it sure sounded like a wall.

and I went to make twice-baked potatoes last night and there was a big ole cockroach in the potatoes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :yikes:
it'd best be the only one, but now I'm all cockroach-wary.

Here's how we have amused ourselves this summer. My husband brought home some fake cockroaches. I don't know who gave them to him. All summer we have been hiding them in strange places and frightening each other. We used to have a fake slug but I hid it on the toilet seat one day and closed the lid and I guess it was flushed.:|

Yikes, slug on the toilet seat!:barf: Even when knowing it was a fake one!

Anyway, it's been 5 days since 'my' U2 concert, and I still have that stupid grin. Didn't anyone mention the "U2-effect" in medicine before?

my most prized posession is my GA ticket for the hartford show in december
SO EXCITED
GET TO SEE CLOSE UP
well, closer. Hopefully close if I get up early enough.
Remember that naked CB-edge I made that sat on top of my monitor?
I found it the other day! It made me happy.

on a related note, one of my friends apparently met one of edge's daughter today.

I've discovered most of my friends have weird ideas about artificial sweeteners and it confuses me. Do you guys think fructose is bad for you, other than making you fat? Or that a normal person can get cancer from aspartame?

Kristie said:
I've discovered most of my friends have weird ideas about artificial sweeteners and it confuses me. Do you guys think fructose is bad for you, other than making you fat? Or that a normal person can get cancer from aspartame?

I've always wondered why people would spend extra dollars to get artificial sweetners in the first place. I mean, if you think sugar is bad, don't eat it. I always assumed sugar was bad b/c it's bad for your teeth, and usually foods that are high in sugar are either fattening as well or have no nutritional value (candy, chocolate, soda, etc).

unibrow.gif

:wave:

I found it the other day at an old post I'd made at a different board, and I nearly choked. I'd forgotten about him! :lol:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I've always wondered why people would spend extra dollars to get artificial sweetners in the first place. I mean, if you think sugar is bad, don't eat it. I always assumed sugar was bad b/c it's bad for your teeth, and usually foods that are high in sugar are either fattening as well or have no nutritional value (candy, chocolate, soda, etc).

I like artificial sweetner in my ice tea because it disolves faster, and sugar just floats to bottom and you have to stir and stir to get it to disolve.

So I guess for me it's laziness :reject:.

I used to like Equal the best, but it started giving me headaches. So now I use the pink ones, unless there's Splenda. Splenda rocks :rockon:.

that's what it's all about!

the only thing I actually put artificial sweetener in is coffee, and I usually use sweet n low. No particular reason.

Aspartame breaks down into, among other things, methanol, and then formaldehyde. Just a teeny weeny bit though, apparently you'd have to drink 600 diet cokes to get the amount of either substance that's in one orange.

care of discover magazine.

There was a girl walking down my street today and I had to do a double take because she looked like Laura at first glance.
However, at second glance, not so much.

I have a reservation at a hotel in parsippany, new jersey for thursday night!
It's 11 hours away!
Hooray!
However, it is only two hours away from yale, so the idea is to get there friday all bright eyed and bushy tailed for unpacking. Let's hope.

Kristie said:
There was a girl walking down my street today and I had to do a double take because she looked like Laura at first glance.
However, at second glance, not so much.

I was listening to the Croake 2 bootleg last night, they played Party Girl, and I thought, "I'm really glad Laura started that again. If it wasn't for her, I don't think we'd have heard that song so much and I love that song!" :bow:

I came to the realization that my least favorite words I hear at work are, "Kelly, I've been thinking. . . ". Okay, maybe not my least favorite, but inside I always want to say, "I don't care. Whatever it is, even if it's a good idea, I don't care right now." :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom