I knew there was something I had to do.....Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:
\

:lol: ah, so you're on of those people fond of squatting, crouching, and dirty fingernails...:yikes:

i did work at an etruscan site (a field school) for 2 summers that was pretty phenomenal in terms of the wine :)

:lol: you betcha!
you forgot sunburn, poison ivy, and ticks though :wink:
Someday I'd like to dig something up that's not in Indiana...

what's REALLY fun is when you get a nice delta going on in your shower...

:lmao: I'm one state away from you, and my colleague is doing an arch field school here this summer. Definitely hard to make it sound sexy when selling it to undergrads. "But you could find historic glass! buttons! faunal remains (but just possums, of course)! really, it'll be fun!

u2granny said:
I got a degree in business administration and then went for one in communications and then just because I hadn't had enough of school got my masters in teaching. Am I okay?

Hehe, now you can get a Business Communications Group degree and kill two birds w/ one stone...aka four years.

I got the word from my neurosurgeon and basically it's not going to be surgery at this time. I am now being sent to a neurologist and the outlook is less than rosey. They are looking into several possible neurological diseases and that will mean a lot more tests. To say I am depressed at this time is an understatement.

u2granny said:
I got the word from my neurosurgeon and basically it's not going to be surgery at this time. I am now being sent to a neurologist and the outlook is less than rosey. They are looking into several possible neurological diseases and that will mean a lot more tests. To say I am depressed at this time is an understatement.

:hug: :hug:

Thinking of you

u2granny said:

:hug:

saying a prayer for you :hug:

U2Granny, I don't know all the background but I can imagine how stressful and scary this must be. :hug:

u2granny said:

If there's anything I can do to make life easier for you (even though I live far away) please let me know! Even if you just need someone to chat to. My AIM is PlaysTheTart :) :hug:

I sorry :hug:

...I can never come up with anything better to say than that, but I am.

So, I was watching Best Week Ever just now, and apparently Bono had the best week ever. Who'da thunk.

I went to the pet store to buy a new bed for my schnauzer. I came home with a mouse. I got the bed too, but, why did I buy a mouse?:huh:

u2granny said:

:hug: U2Granny...sorry to hear this..

'cause mice are cute!

mouseface1.jpg

kellyahern said:
and now you have to give the mouse a name :cute:

I was gonna say "if you give a mouse a name..." but I couldn't come up with anything clever to end the sentence with.

So good call, Kim. :up: :lol:

so.

Dave got into Boston University. Hooray!
I'm still waiting to hear from them... *crosses fingers*
Though Boston isn't too far from Yale.
I found out one of Yale's dorms has fireplaces in almost every room. :drool:

Anyway, Boston wants to pay Dave's tuition and give him a $25k stipend. Does this seem like a lot to anyone else? I mean, if they want me and want to give me money too, I don't know what I'd do with myself.
Allow me to think out loud for a moment.

It costs me a little less than $7,000 a year to live my high living student standard of living here, ditto that for Dave. According to student cost of living comparison for the two parts of the country, it would cost one of us approximately $8400/year to live at the same standard. In the preferrable event that there's two of us, add an extra $5,000, that's about $13,400. He's getting $25,000 for him alone. If they want to give ME money too... sheesh. I'll be like Scrooge McDuck.

dl139.jpg

come ooooon boston

you know what?

I'm really freakin excited for the tour.

and I still bounce in my chair and squeal like a schoolgirl when Edge does something cute or Adam looks all hot and smirk-y.

Sorry, I've been having a troubled day and I just caught U2's performance from the RARHOF induction on VH1 and it got me all excited.

FOR THE TOUR.

AND.... I bought a GA ticket for Hartford this morning from ticketmaster. Hopefully I'll be somewhere near Hartford in December.

so, in celebration, I'm going to resurrect one of those old gifs that I forgot all about making and now makes me giggle

ani_pop_edge.gif

Kristie said:
you know what?

I'm really freakin excited for the tour.

and I still bounce in my chair and squeal like a schoolgirl when Edge does something cute or Adam looks all hot and smirk-y.

Sorry, I've been having a troubled day and I just caught U2's performance from the RARHOF induction on VH1 and it got me all excited.

FOR THE TOUR.

AND.... I bought a GA ticket for Hartford this morning from ticketmaster. Hopefully I'll be somewhere near Hartford in December.

so, in celebration, I'm going to resurrect one of those old gifs that I forgot all about making and now makes me giggle

ani_pop_edge.gif

I know what you mean. After watching the RRHOF, I'm ready to go NOW! :hyper: :lol:

They sounded soooooooooo good :up:

I hope you have a better day tomorrow :hug:

Back
Top Bottom