I knew there was something I had to do.....Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, well, let me introduce myself:

1109617085_untitled.JPG

Big book + twisted mouth because of this stupid novel I have to work on, but take a look at the Vertigo candy! :lol:

howdy!

so, our mail person leaves packages by the mailboxes down the hall
my roomie's posters she bought got here today and I saw the package when I was leaving and they're not here now... and she didn't get them, someone took 'em

bastard

I got an interesting email from a friend at work today. He said he went to me office to check a student's file and out of habit was expecting to see me when he walked in. Instead he saw what he described as "an albino she-man" at my desk. He also said my office is now a mess.:|

u2granny said:
I got an interesting email from a friend at work today. He said he went to me office to check a student's file and out of habit was expecting to see me when he walked in. Instead he saw what he described as "an albino she-man" at my desk. He also said my office is now a mess.:|

Ack! How much longer do you have to be out? I hope things aren't too much of a mess when you get back.

miss becky said:

Ack! How much longer do you have to be out? I hope things aren't too much of a mess when you get back.

Depends on what the neurosurgeon says next week.:yikes: I finally saw all of the mri report and the nerve channel is "significantly narrowed". That could be why shots, chiropractors, acupuncture, and massage have done nothing.

u2granny said:

Depends on what the neurosurgeon says next week.:yikes: I finally saw all of the mri report and the nerve channel is "significantly narrowed". That could be why shots, chiropractors, acupuncture, and massage have done nothing.

:hug: That doesn't sound good. What would the next step be?

Kristie said:
grr
that sucks when you leave work for a little while and get back and everything's wrecked

When I got back from Africa, my closest work-friend quit for an internship, the guy who trained me and works directly above me moved to a different department, and my favorite guy had just turned in his two weeks notice. Then they hired 2 new techs and one new receptionists. And THEN there was a huge virus outbreak on campus sucking up all of our time and resources, all whilst I'm training strangers, dealing w/ my friends quitting, and just trying to get used to America again. :huh:

u2granny said:

Possibly surgery. It's the only step we haven't taken. I've had spinal surgery before. It's not fun.

I'm so sorry. I hope it doesn't come to that.

:scream: :scream: I just got a call from a friend at work. They haven't started the state esl testing that should be finished by the 10th. They have no plan. They FORGOT. I left explicit instructions to have someone from district come and train someone. I am glad I put all of this in writing before I left and sent a copy to myself. My motto has always been "cover thy ass."

I get to go to Kentucky today!

To present my privy knowledge to a bunch of archaeologists!

Huzzah!

It's like almost-Virginia Kentucky too. I bet they have hills there.

I'll be back late tomorrow night.

I get to go somewhere besides a doctor's appointment. My husband is taking me out of town for the weekend!!!:dancing: Don't know where we're going and don't really care.

hippy said:

ooooo! I hope you're having a good time! :D

We didn't go too far, just over to Portland but we stayed at the Benson. We went out to dinner and did some shopping and had a great time.

hooray for trips!
and hooray for new jobs!

Driving wasn't so bad... they gave me a 2005 Impala (and a card so I could get free gas), so it had cruise control and fancy car features. After the conference we went on a cave tour 'cause some lady was doing archaeology in the cave... and we had to duck to avoid the bats hanging on the ceiling. Now, I have no problem with bats, but bats 2 inches from my nose makes me kind of nervous.
All in all, not too bad an experience. I had 2 people give me their email if I needed a job over the summer and they want to publish all our papers in the conference proceedings thing.
Me and my compadres were by far the youngest and most overdressed people there.

Back
Top Bottom