I hate posting on EYKIW...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
It doesn't matter if it's a new post, or a reply...no one ever answers me...well, almost never. Maybe no one takes me seriously over there because of the stories...who knows?

Anyway, I posted a VERY LONG post (so that may be the reason this time) about this band I used to work for and how much they were like U2. My post will last all of about 45 minutes today on the first page I bet...but if anyone's interested, it's kind of an entertaining yarn about my experiences.

Strawman (the band's) lead guitarist is UTTERLY GORGEOUS btw, and I will be posting a pic later today, since my office seems to have a firewall against webshots.com!!

Oh how I know what you mean.....I'm a total thread killer over there
wink.gif

I'll have a post up for about an hour if I'm lucky....lol !!!
I'll go over there right now and reply to your story......they'll say "look... the pathetic ones are replying to each other now"
wink.gif
I always feel so lame when noone
responds to something I post
frown.gif

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

You girls are SO right-when i first came here, I went to the other boards-and i was attacked personally just for having an opinion-no one responded to my posts either-except to put them down. Then i found PLEBA and all was right w/ the world again! I feel bad when no one replies to me here too-but everyone is so nice-gee, lets see-PLEBA-full of chicks-all other boards-lots of guys-hmmmm-could there be a connection?

I know what you girls mean. A lot of good threads get ignored in EYKIW- I think a lot of times people don't respond to posts if they don't know the poster well. PLEBA is much nicer in that no thread goes unread or ignored.
smile.gif

------------------
lift my days, light up my nights...love...

Thanks, you guys!!! What a supportive group! And you're right, it can get VERY cliquey over there, just like in high school. I am thinking of doing a post just about popularity (are you/were you popular/unpopular)!!

I looked over there and it seems the famous Death Bear also answered my post, so I'm very happy to have some responses to it today! Thanks again!

By the way, if anyone wants me to burn them a Strawman CD, I'd be happy to. I doubt Al would sue me!

Oh, and Giant Lemon, I miss your "We miss our lemon" sig! It was so sweet it brought a tear to my eye every time I read it!

Jess-i've just got to stop this-but asap i will go over there and reply to your post-also-that weird deathbear, etc stuff-sometimes it gets real foolish-and as for pop/unpop-UNPOPULAR-was me-too shy and quiet-still can be unpopular too-but at this point, i really couldn't care less-at least i try not to! *PLEBA addict in search of PLEBA rehab*

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Oh, and Giant Lemon, I miss your "We miss our lemon" sig! It was so sweet it brought a tear to my eye every time I read it!

That's so sweet, Mrs. Edge!
smile.gif
I'll change my signature back to the lemon one. Here you go:

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 08-23-2001).]

I agree Mrs. Edge,
I have tried to post something in a lot of the other forums and with the exception of the confessional, I have learned not to bloody bother.
Blueeyes

I feel the same... it can be incredibly cliqueish over there. EYKIW frightens me... I usually don't post a lot at any of the forums 'cause I don't have much time, but if I'm going to post I rather do it here.

LMAO.

Sorry, I dont mean to laugh but its funny to me. It used to be that way for me too.

Mrs. Edge = I read your topic but I think you're right about it being too long and most people over there dont feel like taking the time to read long topics.
frown.gif

Blueeyes = THANK YOU FOR VOTING FOR ME!

clap.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

yeah, I get ignored everywhere but Pleba too, Jess, and then even sometimes on Pleba!
tongue.gif

Well *I* saw your post, and your picture, they were great (at first I saw the guitarist and was like "TRENT REZNOR?!?" He looks very similar!)

Don't forget: the "P" in Pleba now stands for PHIL, as in Phil Joanou!
smile.gif
He's a cutie too!

disco

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Don't forget: the "P" in Pleba now stands for PHIL, as in Phil Joanou!
smile.gif
He's a cutie too!

disco

thanks for reminding them, disco!
wink.gif

I think I'm about half and half on the boards, except for here.
smile.gif
I make my way around slowly, it takes time I guess (or a whole lotta posting!!!)
user.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

Wow! Looks like I touched quite a nerve with this topic. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

And Giant Lemon, thank you for changing your sig back! Please don't do it just on my account, but I do think it is the absolute perfect signature for you!!
smile.gif

You guys are braver than me, PLEBA is the only board I've venured onto so far. I love how everyone's so positive. There's none of the "I'll never see you face to face so I'll talk all the sh!t I want about you" stuff that plagues other boards.

------------------
~Emily

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
You guys are braver than me, PLEBA is the only board I've venured onto so far. I love how everyone's so positive. There's none of the "I'll never see you face to face so I'll talk all the sh!t I want about you" stuff that plagues other boards.

smile.gif
We use our hormones for the good of others...for lust! for Bono! for leather pants!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

yeah, i find EYKIW very intimidating. i read there, but rarely post. i saw your post, mrs. edge, but didn't read it cause i was much more intrested in seeing if you'd posted something in PLEBA.
smile.gif
i sometimes visit the other forums, but usually it's a quick stop at EYKIW then on to PLEBA!

and, did you girls notice? on the page that lists all the forums, it shows how many posts each forum has. PLEBA has surpassed EYKIW, we are the top forum!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
And Giant Lemon, thank you for changing your sig back! Please don't do it just on my account, but I do think it is the absolute perfect signature for you!!
smile.gif

Don't worry, Jess- I agree that it fits with my username quite well! Thanks for the signature-love!
smile.gif

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Oh my..... you guys have been shunned too!!

Yeah, I venture over there every blue moon, but I don't stay long. I suppose the mindset over there is very different from our own. I am so glad we have this place, sure we have our moments from time to time, but this is a great place with great people!!
smile.gif

PLEBA is the best!!!

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

ive never even tried posting at EYKIW.. actually im no thread starter at all!

My dear Mrs. Edge, you have my TOTAL sympathy. Same experience here.
And it's not just the Interference boards; sometimes I wonder if I'm just invisible when I get online. *sigh*
Well, I love ya.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

I only posted twice on EYKIW and I don't really like to do that...
tongue.gif

Originally posted by madonna's child:
and, did you girls notice? on the page that lists all the forums, it shows how many posts each forum has. PLEBA has surpassed EYKIW, we are the top forum!

I believe this is because the traffic in EYKIW is too busy that Elvis has to put the old posts down...
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Risti, by Eileen

Interesting you should say that mc....because I will be posting something on PLEBA in the near future that should be of particular interest to YOU!
wink.gif

Originally posted by madonna's child:
i was much more intrested in seeing if you'd posted something in PLEBA.
smile.gif

I like to visit a lot of the forums here!
biggrin.gif
EYKIW is interesting.....But I only reply I don't like posting stuff there!
biggrin.gif
At times that place is entertaining!! Other forums are also interesting! I dunno. weird.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

actually, mrs. edge, i kinda guessed that.
wink.gif
(the bono/adam hints and all!)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
christina, i also assumed what you said because i knew elvis was having problems with the server. i think it's still pretty cool, though.

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

Back
Top Bottom