I got SO BUSTED today!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Oh girls, the most awful thing happened to me today. My boss came into my office and asked to speak to me for a minute. I followed her into her office, and she closed the door and said "take a seat please", which you know is bad.

The long and the short of it is....the IT dep't decided to do a "spot check" of our internet use, and the head of IT emailed my boss a log of all my internet use in the past month or two (or however long it was). She scrolled through the log, and there, plain as the nose on anyone's face is an ENDLESS stream of U2 realated internet, mostly this place, from the minute I arrive at work until the minue I leave. They even had the number of hits!!!

I just want to DIE I am so embarassed!!!!
redface.gif

So my boss says that because I have so much potential and she loves my work, she is going to drop it, but my U2 sites are now officially being firewalled, so I can only be on here when I get home.

BLARGH.
frown.gif

I am going to write her a long letter of apology, and everything will be fine, but it was still a hell of a day!

I'm sorry Mrs. Edge, glad things worked out for you. Post when you can, don't get canned.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

Oh my Lord! I would have died. Dude, this should be a warning for me...

But everything will be fine, and that's good.
smile.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Oh Jess! *hugs*

I could so see that happening to me.
frown.gif
Except I'm leaving my job in a week. I hope the next place I work doesn't have internet because this place is too damn addictive.

Good on you for handling yourself well.

Mrs Edge....sounds like you handled it very professionally.

And this should be a warning to me, too. Especially with chat.

BUT WAIT. MY BOSS CHATS ALL THE TIME!! WITH HER BOSS!!!

I think I am ok.

------------------
***ALOTWU***

If you do your job well, they should let you continue looking at the sites you want. That's what I think.

------------------
"Damn, that means U2 has a lot of albums. What, do they write a new song every five minutes?" - Merton Dew

Jess. That sucks. I am so sorry. Thank god for email though
smile.gif
We all promise to keep you updated if there is U2 news that you NEED to know!

*hugs*

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

That blows, Mrs. Edge.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

oh dear, Jess!!! (((HUGS))) I am SO sorry to hear that! Just reading that made my insides go all squinchy, because I'm STILL on the web ALL DAY at my new job!!! Thankfully we're kind of on our own right now...we're not connected to our other office (yet...but soon) but I gotta get myself reigned in more before I get myself in trouble as well!!!
frown.gif

I'm glad you're handling it so well. oh gawd... I suppose it's not that bad, but it makes me feel bad!
I agree with PS...

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

That really sucks. I would go nuts.

At least you still have your job though.

**shudders** That could so happen to me at any minute also. I really don't know why it hasn't.
I know though in August when my bank gets officially taken over by the BIG bank that we are merging with that my internet days will be over!

[This message has been edited by EPandAmerica (edited 04-12-2002).]

So she had the ugly truth right there in front of you ?!?!
That's my worst fears realized.....
wink.gif

Seriously though....that had to suck!

Wow, that blows!!! I'm sorry Mrs. Edge.

Boy am I glad I work at a teeny tiny company with computer illiterate bosses!! Since I don't have a computer at home, (I'm lame) I surf PLEBA and everything else all day long at work!!!

I would be comatose if that happened to me!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

oh jess, i am sorry to hear about the bust! i had a similar thing happen to me awhile back. our IT lady made such a big fuss about my 'internet activities' too, i was soooo embarrased, but thankfully i was able to work around the problem.
as disco said, you handled it in a very professional way (as we all knew you would).

------------------
here she comes,
she comes in colors
you know she gonna turn the daylight on...

*+*MaRiA*+*

That sooooo sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Disco, I read it and my stomach turned twice. But, you handled it well...and springtime's a great time to turn over new leaves!!!!!!!!!!

X)oxoxoxoxoxoxos!!!!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

oh my GOD!! mrs. edge, that's so scary! i'm so happy that everything worked out in the end, though.

the same exact thing could happen to me any minute! gah, why is the internet so addcitive???

Oh Jess thats terrible. Sounds like you handled it well though. I think I would have died of embarrasment.
I agree though with what others have said, if you do your job well, why does it really matter.
I'd love to know the number of hits in 2 months
wink.gif

That's awful Jess! I got a stomach ache just reading your post
frown.gif

I don't have that problem cause I work at home but my husband would KILL me if he knew how much time I spend here when I'm supposed to be working. When I hear him come home, I hurry up and log off but I know he's gonna bust me one these days!

((((HUGS))))
That's terrible, Jess, but I'm glad you still have your job! Like others have said, I think that as long as you do your job well you should be able to go online as much as you want. It sounds like you took it very well, though, so hopefully everything will be fine.

We'll miss you around here during the day!
smile.gif

Dang Jess, I'm sorry. I'm w/ Rachel when I say it'll be sad not having you around as often! I'm sure it'll all turn out ok though. (((Jess)))

I've missed you and your stories though!!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 04-12-2002).]

You guys are so awesome!!
biggrin.gif
Last night I wrote my boss a very long email telling her how wonderful I think she is, how sorry and embarassed I was and explaining why I am so addicted to the U2 site...and about how I used to work in a small company that didn't care about this stuff, and how I easily learned to be able to work and be on here simultaneously! lol!

I asked if it would be possible for me just to be on here at lunch, and I'm sure if it's up to her that would be fine, but we'll see what the IT guys do.

I totally agree, as long as you get your work done, WHO CARES??? We have to LIVE after all, we are cooped up at work all day it's ridiculous!

So today I actually worked without even logging into ANY internet from 8:30-5:30!!! Thank god I got some emails to keep me amused. I got a lot done, the boss was thrilled. She met with me at the end of the day and told me not to worry at all, she considered the matter completely forgotten. She is very cool.
smile.gif

The other embarassing thing though is I'm on a committee at work with the head IT guy who busted me, and I am so embarassed to have to face him! Maybe he will have forgotten by the time we next meet! lol!

Oh and about the stories, I will get back to them soon...I promise!
smile.gif

Lilly's moral dilemma v3.0:

Lilly works in an empty office. Usually no one is here. She has the internet in front of her face the entire time she works, 'cos that's where her company does their listings. Her bosses could look and see where She has been clear as day. Should she stop coming here? OOOOOOOrrrr....
icon16.gif
should she remind her boss the amounts of times she has woken him up from a nap and hope her internet usage is not seen as an issue?

Lilly chooseth: number two.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

I'm sorry to hear that, Jess.
frown.gif

I think lots of us are guilty of being here when we shouldn't be...look at me...they had photographic evidence of me being here during my Microsoft Access class! *lol*

I just pointed out my status to him:

"Look, Mr. McNeal, they all know how much I love Access so much that they gave me a status! I go there to talk about Access! Really!!"

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

Well, like everyone has said, that sucks. But at least you were brave enough to share the story with all of us. It has made me realize that I should probably limit the interference time at my new job, just in case they are checking. Interference will still be here from 5pm to 8am, so I think I could start avoiding it during work times.

*feels like this is an AA meeting or something!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Back
Top Bottom