I got my SAT scores back.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
My math went up 50 points to a 580, but my verbal went down 30 to also a 580. But that's ok! because i can combine the best of two scores, bringing my SAT totall to 1190. I was hoping to break 1200, but that's good enough. This means i'll be sending off my application this week.....:ohmy::faint:

I never took SATs, but the way I see it, you're only 10 pts from your goal and that's quite close considering there's hundreds of points. :up: We had to take ACTs which I think are 0-36 or 30 something.

My theory is that it's absolutely pointless so study for a test like the SAT or ACT. What you need to "study" is how to take the test. The SAT is designed so that no one should be able to acurately finish the test in time. It's not what you know, but whether or not you can stay focused and complete as much as possible.

That said, I've never taken an SAT but that's just my $.2 regarding any huge test.

i studied some test clues, like about how the first questions are the easiest and if you dont answer a question then it doesnt count against you and stuff like that.
Im TERRIBLE at math though. like really bad. as in count on my fingers to do normal arithmetic.
Im so gonna fail:( :sad:

u2bonogirl-i suck at math too, so what i did was i studied the tips on HOW to do the math problems. i can't tell you how much that helped me. get one of those SAT books that gives tips and practice problems and explanations of the practice problems. study for about 30 min, take a break, study, take a break. that's what i did and my math went up 50 points!!! good luck :up:

It just depends how well you do on standardized testing and how prepared you are to finish within the allotted time.

It is not like the MCAT, where you have to have a good knowledge base to do well.

Good luck with university! I'm sure you will do well. :)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
The SAT is designed so that no one should be able to acurately finish the test in time. It's not what you know, but whether or not you can stay focused and complete as much as possible.

Is it really?

... I didn't have any trouble with the time... and Neil fell asleep during the math part and still only missed one... hmm:scratch:

I'm currently studying for the GRE. By "studying" I mean "doing lots of practice problems 'cause I haven't taken such a standardized test in four years, nor done any real math since I took calculus three years ago."

Maybe it's the ACT I'm thinking of. I'm pretty sure I either didn't finish or JUST finished each section in time and I'm a fast test-taker.

Edit: I bet it is the ACT, not the SAT, I'm thinking of 'cus I think I remember people w/ LDs who get extra time for school tests complaining that they weren't allowed extra time.

Last edited:
Kristie said:

Is it really?

... I didn't have any trouble with the time... and Neil fell asleep during the math part and still only missed one... hmm:scratch:

I'm currently studying for the GRE. By "studying" I mean "doing lots of practice problems 'cause I haven't taken such a standardized test in four years, nor done any real math since I took calculus three years ago."

Is that the exam for graduate school? I remember that same problem, I hadn't taken a math class since senior year of highscool. FSU counted "intro to computers" as a math class :up:!

Which was great until it came time for the GRE - I was like, "Square roots? Surely they don't think I remember this stuff." :lol:

:lmao:
yeah, it's the grad school one... they should give you some kind of help list or something. As if I remember the formula for the area of a circle...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Edit: I bet it is the ACT, not the SAT, I'm thinking of 'cus I think I remember people w/ LDs who get extra time for school tests complaining that they weren't allowed extra time.

Are you sure? I finished the ACT with no time problem and I don't necessarily consider myself a fast test taker.

I hate it when people say standardized tests aren't actually a good measure of intelligence cause I can actually do them. :reject:
Although scratch that, I took the practice LSAT online and it kicked my ass. I'm skerd of the GRE. :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom