I finally met Bono and Edge!! Seattle 2, AND he drew a picture of my daughter!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annej5

The Fly
After 20 years of waiting I finally met Bono and The Edge!! I took my 10 year old daughter and my husband to the show today 4/25 and arrived early to try and meet them before the soundcheck. We got there at 3 pm and waited with the rest of the crowd. We saw Dallas, Bono's bodyguard, and the other usual people. Bono's bodyguard then announced that "B" will be here in about 15 minutes to meet and talk with everyone. I couldn't believe it!!!! Finally after all these devoted years I was actually going to see them and maybe get a an autograph, or a good picture. Everyone lined up and waited patiently. Edge was the first to arrive. It was mind blowing that he was walking right up to me. I of course had my pen and a special edition U2 Ireland stamp envelope that I had saved for a few years. My daughter was standing in front of me and my husband had the camera ready. While he was signing I just stared at him in awe. He is such a gentle person, and he looked great too.
Bono then arrived after a while, and started greeting everyone down at our end first. I was shaking, my heart was racing, and my daughter was looking at me like I was crazy When he stopped in front of us to sign his name I said to him "You have a new fan (meaning my 10 year old) and he stopped and looked down and said "Oh hello, what is your name?" she said "Emily." He then turned the envelope over and started drawing her face on the paper, drawing like an artist would. He took a long time, wrote her name on it, and then signed his own. I couldn't believe what was happening. I said thank you a few times, and hugged my daughter. She still didn't really know what the big deal was.
All she knew was that this man who she grew up hearing daily drew a picture of her and everyone was going crazy over it People were actually taking pictures of his drawing.
The good news is that we got some GREAT photos of Edge and Bono, the bad news is that the memory card became full while we Bono was standing with us drawing. WE HAVE NO PHOTOS OF HIM WITH MY DAUGHTER!! If anyone was there and somehow got a photo of us I would be so grateful to see it. She was wearing a black UNFORGETTABLE FIRE tour shirt, and sunglasses.
I still can't believe this happened. Of course my 13 year old daughter, who I took to see U2 for the first time on Sunday, is soooo jealous of her younger sister. Now she is on a quest to meet Bono
As soon as I figure out how, I will add my photos, and the scanned drawing that will proudly hang in our house for years to come

That was so great of Bono to do! My family and I were standing right behind you, actually. Sadly, we didn't have our camera with us, but I do hope that you get some pictures! :)

Here is the scanned picture that Bono drew of my daughter.

3437763523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2347%3D75%3B%3D459%3DXROQDF%3E2323837%3C%3A%3C%3A45ot1lsi

That is a great story Anne!!

My fingers have been crossed permanently since I got back from Denver that I would find a good picture of my brief seconds with Bono, I will add you to the "please, please, please gimme gimme gimme pictures" plead :D

Wow, that's a great experience. Your daughter will remember it the rest of her life ,even if she didn't quite get what was going on at the time. Great pics, too :)

Aw, I love those drawings he makes. That was so nice of him. :)

Well, she's been Bono-blessed. :) She'll fully appreciate it one day. If not.. keep making her attend U2 shows and blast that music as much as you can! lol.

What a nice story annej5. Just when I think Bono can't get any nicer, he does something even better. That guy is AMAZING!!!:wink: :wink: :wink:

What an awesome, awesome memory!
I'm so happy for you- what a great moment that you'll surely NEVER forget!
God love them all!!

Haha....such a great story. So good that it deserved two threads on it.

lol...i'm kidding.....i am so envious. that is amazing, you met bono and he drew you a frickin picture!!!!!!

:dancing: wow what a great story and experience for your family!!
congrats to your daughter!!

Back
Top Bottom