I feel so lame right now, I'm kicking myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GypsyHeartgirl

POP for GIRLS
I really shouldn't be posting again but this time I really need someone to tell me I'm wrong!

I was at Baltimore last night and a guy held up a sign saying he wanted to play guitar on Knocking on Heaven's Door and Bono pulled him up! My problem is, I'm now sick because the way he did the guy, the hand motions he used to get the guy to hand up his sign were EXACTLY the ones he used with me and my sign in DC!! Now I am absolutely sick knowing I missed my chance with Bono. I was so stunned and too stupid and it was so unbelievable I just grinned and kept holding it and finally he gave up. Now I will have to always be sick knowing I missed my opportunity! It had entered my mind before but I had dismissed myself as delusional but now seeing how it worked with the guy I know almost for sure he intended me to hand him the sign, not just hold it up and he would likely have pulled me! I want you to tell me I'm wrong because right now I feel so regretful and sick I can't go on!
frown.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 10-20-2001).]

Gypsy.
Being regretful and sad is not going to get you anywhere. Use this incident as an inspiration. Next time you go and see the guys, make a clever sign and when the same thing happens to you again, you will not miss your chance.

Thank you Jody, but I don't know if I will ever get another chance. I am as old as the guys are and my sign had been about how long I had loved Bono and we made a special connection at that point. I know I missed my chance and it will always haunt me, but I guess I can know at least he cared. Thank you for caring Jody, I hope something good will happen to you at a U2 show.

If it's meant to happen it will. In the meantime keep smiling in the knowledge that Bono noticed you, not the people in front of or around you, but YOU.

Life goes on. Your next fantastic moment is probably just around the corner.

Take care.
smile.gif

Thank you Jody. Though I don't believe I will ever get another chance, I will remember what you said, that if he did mean me to come up at least I know he picked me out of everyone else. And if he didn't then I don't have to feel so sick about it and I did share a special moment with Bono. I only wish I could let him know that if he did mean me to come up and I didn't react the right way it was because I was too frozen and lame couldn't believe he would possibly want me to and not because I didn't want to because I did more than anything in the world. My Mom says maybe he thought I was too shy. I just want Bono to know how much he means to me and thank him for caring.

Originally posted by Jody:
If it's meant to happen it will. In the meantime keep smiling in the knowledge that Bono noticed you, not the people in front of or around you, but YOU.

Life goes on. Your next fantastic moment is probably just around the corner.

Take care.
smile.gif

I agree with the "ment to happend" part. I`m a great beliver in fait.I think things happen cause they ment to.And I`m sure you`ll have your chance with Bono!
smile.gif

From my point of view At least you`ve got to see them live. And I`m not even talking about him paying attention to you from all the people arownd but just to get to see them live...I wish I had that.
I understand your feelings of regret but please try to look at it the most positive way you can and don`t be sorry for might have happend but Happy for what did...
YOU GOT BONO`S ATTENTIONATTENTION,YOU LUCKY THING!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

[This message has been edited by MEMHPIS-EVE 007 (edited 10-20-2001).]

Thanks Memphis.
Thing that bothers me is it was meant
to be because of the special connection and the way he was looking at me, but I was too lame to make it happen, it's my fault.

I hope you get to see them live!

Back
Top Bottom