I feel so.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lil'Bono

War Child
down!! My granda was diagnosed with cancer last october, the doctors said that he wolud only have 8 months but he hung in there! But I went to see him yesterday and he'd totally changed from the last time i went to see him. He looked so sick. He just lay there,he doesn't have the strength to talk,eat,even go to the toilet. This has been a bad year for me anyway as I lost my granny in May,my great Aunt in June and my great uncle in July and now i'm about to lose my granda. They said he'll be dead by Friday,but it hurts so much seeing him lying there suffering.
I guess i know what Bono had to go through with his father.
I wish i had the chance to talk to Bono as i know he could help me through this,as he's helped me through so much in my life!!

Hi Lil'Bono,

I'm really sorry to hear about all of this. Tough year, huh?

My mum died of cancer in May. By the end, she was exactly how you described your grandad in your post - completely helpless.

The only compensation when she died was knowing she wasn't suffering anymore.

It does hurt, I know. But you'll be OK :)
*hugs*

I can relate to this. I'm having a tough year also, I lost a friend in June (car accident), my mother had a stroke last month, and now things are looking really bad for my grandmother. Plus I had shingles in June, and now have the second phase of the illness, post-herpetic neuralgia. This stuff makes you feel like :censored:. Man, I'm telling you, in December I'm going to buy a CAKE to celebrate the end of this f:censored:g awful year.

My heart goes out to you Lil' Bono. I know what you are going through. Even though I lost my grandpa a few years ago I still can't get over it. And my ma was diagnosed with horrible disease too. She's doing fine now but I still feel horrible about the whole thing. I'm scared and anxious all the time.

You and your family wil be in my prayers. :hug:

Well,the doctors were right he died on Friday,he was buried yesterday!! I guess it is a comfort knowing that he's not suffering anymore!
Still hard to deal with thought,this has been the worst year of my life. I can't wait til it ends!!

:hug: A good friend of mine died of cancer in December, she was only 20. When I saw her in the hospital so sick she could barely speak, wasting away to nothing, I just knew no matter what anyone did it would be too late and I wished she could've just stopped taking the meds that made her so sick (the chemo and radiation is always worse than the cancer). I wish I could say it was a releif when she died, but it's hard to get over when someone is so young :(

Back
Top Bottom