I DON't UNDERSTAND?!! Why are PLEBAns saying their hearts are fading away for U2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGALchick

The Fly
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I COULDN'T believe my eyes when I read a couple PLEBAn's posts on U2 not looking their best/ and about their hearts fading away in that MERGED ----> thread. I really hope they are joking because I will ALWAYS be a U2 fan.

The primary reasons why I became a serious U2 fan is because THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE INSIDE, especially BONO. I have never heard of a rock star who would care about the WORLD so MUCH and CRY about it in my GENERATiON! It reflects me and who I am. I really wish I got to know Bono personally. I am very lucky to have a couple true friends who are like him in many ways.

And, Secondly, they are all hot! They are all METHODLy COOL, and their Music Fookin' ROCKS THE WORLD!!! They make me sooooo happy, :happy: (sometimes i cry in joy) everytime I see them go onstage. I don't GIVE A CRAP what they look like. All I care about is if they could just play their songs and BE the true philantropic and altruistic people that they are.

When I look at a Bono photo, and with everything positive that I know about him, He seriously turns me on because he hasSOUL and no one can take that away from him.

Since this post is clearly aimed directly at me, I will respond:

1. Hasn't this topic been discussed enough on the other thread? What are you trying to do, bring out a heard of more people to tell me how shallow and awful I am?

2. I have already explained, to no avail, obviously:

a) I still like the songs. I am not turning my back on the band.
b) I no longer find them attractive in the new pics, so the "hotness" and "drooling" has gone out of my fandom. You cannot force me to see or feel something I don't. It's my taste.

3. For the last two years, I have been very OBSESSED with this band and these guys, and now I feel that fading. This is very common and happens to people you know. It happens with real life relationships. People fall in and out of love. They go on and off of "kicks." This has been a very high energy thing for me, one I can no longer emotionally maintain. I must move on. When I say "the fire went out" that's what I'm talking about .

4. I really don't feel any of this is unusual. I think A LOT of fans have seen their intensity and obsession wane some, but NOT ALL OF THEM WERE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO POST IT HERE TO BE CRITIQUED by nosey busybodies who have no business commenting on my personal feelings. If you do not feel this way, good for you, but I do, and you have NO RIGHT TO JUDGE.

5. People who claim to 'love them for their soul' or 'the fire within' nauseate me to no end. Unless one of you is Ali, Ann, Morleigh, Susie, Guggi or Gavin, I don't think any of you really know them well enough personally to comment on what kind of person they are. No, I do not believe you can see that in a pic or hear it in song. If you do, fine, but I don't buy it, and don't lecture me.

If this thread is left open, it will become a fight, so I request it be closed. This topic has been discussed at length in the other thread, one in which several people seem to have tried unsuccessfully to change the subject back. Enough is enough.

I tried to have faith that maybe this thread wouldn't go negative...I thought maybe we could celebrate some of our loves of U2 or something, but Desire4Bono is upset, and I can see this thread just going downhill.

I don't like negative threads in PLEBA, since we are here because we LOVE U2.

So I am going to close this thread.

Sorry.

I also would like to add this:

As we've seen from the past, there are members here who prefer the looks of U2 during certain eras over others. U2 is beginning a new "era", and it appears there will be some people who do not like their appearance.

While everybody is entitled to their opinion, I once again want to reiterate that PLEBA is basically a U2 lovefest. If you have an unpopular opinion that you want to share, be prepared for some backlash from members. HOWEVER.....those of you doing the backlashing.......remember to have respect for the opinions of others and don't get nasty.

So, basically.....

Just don't go overboard on any of the negative stuff (that goes for EVERYBODY). Let's just try to keep it nice in PLEBA. :)

Questions? Comments? As I've said in other threads, don't hesitate to contact me. Ask anybody...I reply to every PM I get. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom