I don't like these new subforums...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Elvis! I think this is going to work out very good for the most part. This is like cleaning out a cluttered room and putting everything in neat piles or shelves- it's all still there, you just know where to look for it and you don't have to dig so deep down into the pile to find what you're looking for! Now the main PLEBA page can be what it once was, a place to drool and look at hot pics and read the latest updates on the guys! :)

Sherry Darling said:
And I'm confused why the Angels thread was moved to "gatherings"-- huh? That's not what the thread's about. It was just an email from Jubilee to update people. No gathering was mentioned. Weird.

Yes...a gathering was mentioned. The thread began with these words:

So...two things.

1. I'm thinking of trying to set up a meeting with one of our Reps in VA. Any VA angels up for it?

Therefore, I still think that is an appropriate place for the thread.

Thank you to Elvis and Sicy and all the mods at Interference for their hard work. And, yes, as Sicy said, I spent a lot of time moving threads. Also, as she said, if you ever feel I made a mistake, don't hesitate to PM me...I've been getting lots of PM's a day, but ask anybody...I always reply and work with people's requests. :)

I dislike it as it only serves to further the fracturing and splintering that is besetting the entire forum already, something that saddens me. But that's just my opinion.

sulawesigirl4 said:
I dislike it as it only serves to further the fracturing and splintering that is besetting the entire forum already, something that saddens me. But that's just my opinion.

I do agree...however, it was happening anyway. We can't force PLEBAns to post in other forums...unless we move all of their off-topic items to Lemonade Stand and some of their U2 items that would interest others (things that aren't droolfests) into EYKIW...which I'm sure most PLEBAns would not like.

So....since many PLEBAns choose to just stay here...I think it's better to have it all organized.

I wasn't just referring to PLEBA...I mean the entire community. Maybe it's my imagination, but lately it seems more and more divided into sub-groups and less and less like the community it used to be. I have always tried to participate in a variety of the forums with different focuses and topics, but even that is difficult now. *sigh* Maybe I'm just an old fogey being nostalgic, but it is sad to see this place lose the family feel it used to have.

Bonochick said:

I do agree...however, it was happening anyway. We can't force PLEBAns to post in other forums...unless we move all of their off-topic items to Lemonade Stand and some of their U2 items that would interest others (things that aren't droolfests) into EYKIW...which I'm sure most PLEBAns would not like.

So....since many PLEBAns choose to just stay here...I think it's better to have it all organized.

It's true that PLEBA tends to separate itself from other forums, which isn't always a good thing. But I think what sula meant is that she's afraid it will hasten the splintering going on *within* the forum. I agree and that is the main reason I do not like the subforums.

*edit: And I see now that she has clarified her opinion herself.

Last edited:
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

It's true that PLEBA tends to separate itself from other forums, which isn't always a good thing. But I think what sula meant is that she's afraid it will hasten the splintering going on *within* the forum. I agree and that is the main reason I do not like the subforums.

*edit: And I see now that she has clarified her opinion herself.

I understand that...which is why I came to the conclusion that it is better to organize PLEBA in subforums, since so many gals treat PLEBA as their exclusive forum at Interference. When a forum is hosting sooooo many people, I think organization helps out a great deal. :)

I will also add that originally, I was not really a fan of sub-forums. However, the more I think about it, I don't think it's such a bad idea. I think it will be better in the long run. People's fan fiction will get noticed...it won't just sink to the bottom and then onto the 2nd page without notice...people can post random stuff and not worry about it not having U2 content (though many of you never worried about that, did you??? :D). It's nice to be able to separate those special things and give them sort of a spotlight. :)

Well, if my 02 is worth anything..

I like the new way it is organized-especially like Bonochick was talking about re. the 'off topics'.

If we couldn't talk about those here, especially now that there is really not much new going on with the band/not many new pics, I wouldn't like it.

I think it's a matter of choice/effort regarding separating/splintering,etc. If you choose, you can try to make an effort to avoid this type of thing. Maybe?

Bonochick said:

I understand that...which is why I came to the conclusion that it is better to organize PLEBA in subforums, since so many gals treat PLEBA as their exclusive forum at Interference. When a forum is hosting sooooo many people, I think organization helps out a great deal. :)

*replies to thread for umpteenth time ;)

I see what you're saying. And the subforums do help organize, which is a positive thing. But I think a lot of girls treat only come to PLEBA because it feels like a cohesive community. And I think the subforums take some of that feeling away. That's all I'm saying.

Hallelujah~

I did understand what you said. I am just giving my opinion, as you are giving yours. :)

sulawesigirl4 said:
I wasn't just referring to PLEBA...I mean the entire community.

Well I think that this "splintering" is bound to happen with such a large group of people.

I agree that it is unfortunate that some people don't post outside of PLEBA, or FYM, or IO....etc... however we can't force them to "branch out."

I'm sorry you feel that way Sula, I think that if people made a more concerted effort we could keep that sense of community. How many regular posters do we have? Probably about 200-300 I'm guessing, well that was the number of people in my HS graduating class. I hate to compare this to high school, but groups of friends form, there are gonna be people you like and associate with and others you don't. Unfortunately it happens, social circles are formed and some people travel between them and some people don't.

Re: Re: I don't like these new subforums...

Elvis said:

First off... what 'censorships' ???

Second... these new sub-forums do not take away from the description of PLEBA, if anything they ADD to it, in an effort to keep certain things more organized, easier to find, etc.

I asked for peoples opinions in the poll forum. It was not a democratic vote.... I wanted to see originally if people liked the idea of sub-forums for band members - that idea was strongly opposed.. and as you can see, there are no band member sub-forums. I took the ideas of a few other people, and my own, and combined them... to create a better environment for PLEBA to grow as its own community, within Feedback.

PLEBA is the busiest forum on Interference, and it needed a 'lil' more structure... something that in the long run, will benefit PLEBA - I assure you.

Don't be so quick to complain.. the sub-forums have existed for only 1 day.

I think the sub-forums are OK. After all, I'm the PLEBA girl who wanted separate pix threads for slow-loading computers (like mine!). Even though the pix started to load again (AMAZING-- Hallelujah and saints be praised) they take a long time to load and the new threads are probably taking some of the strain off of my stupid dial-up slow-pokey monstrosity. Believe me, these things can be a pain in the a**. It's nice when it's less of a, uh, pain.......:lol:

daisybean said:

Well I think that this "splintering" is bound to happen with such a large group of people.

I agree that it is unfortunate that some people don't post outside of PLEBA, or FYM, or IO....etc... however we can't force them to "branch out."

I'm sorry you feel that way Sula, I think that if people made a more concerted effort we could keep that sense of community. How many regular posters do we have? Probably about 200-300 I'm guessing, well that was the number of people in my HS graduating class. I hate to compare this to high school, but groups of friends form, there are gonna be people you like and associate with and others you don't. Unfortunately it happens, social circles are formed and some people travel between them and some people don't.

This is a valid point. Separate groups will always form in a group of this size and I don't think we should or could them to interact. But that still doesn't make it a good thing to foster those separations.

Bonochick said:

Yes...a gathering was mentioned. The thread began with these words:

Therefore, I still think that is an appropriate place for the thread.

Thank you to Elvis and Sicy and all the mods at Interference for their hard work. And, yes, as Sicy said, I spent a lot of time moving threads. Also, as she said, if you ever feel I made a mistake, don't hesitate to PM me...I've been getting lots of PM's a day, but ask anybody...I always reply and work with people's requests. :)

Hey BC,

Not to worry. I'm not sure it'd be even worth your time to move it. It doesn't really "fit" into any of the categories entirely, so it's all good. I just didn't want it to get lost. :) Thanks for your kind reply! :up:

SD

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

But that still doesn't make it a good thing to foster those separations.

Gina, I don't think Elvis and Sicy are intentionally trying to foster any separations. I think that with division of fan fic, OT, and PLEBA/band meetings, I think they are trying to make it more organized. So if you wanted to read a fan fic story you don't have to hunt through pages of other stuff. Or if you felt like sharing something with one of the "sistas" that is non U2 it won't get buried as quick. The only way separations would happen is if we as individuals let it happenby only going to certain forums and subforums.

daisybean said:

Gina, I don't think Elvis and Sicy are intentionally trying to foster any separations. I think that with division of fan fic, OT, and PLEBA/band meetings, I think they are trying to make it more organized. So if you wanted to read a fan fic story you don't have to hunt through pages of other stuff. Or if you felt like sharing something with one of the "sistas" that is non U2 it won't get buried as quick. The only way separations would happen is if we as individuals let it happenby only going to certain forums and subforums.

I agree. It's nice to not have to take time to go through three pages of posts by having some of the threads on the first pages of the new categories. The way I look at it, it's still the PLEBA that we all know and love, but better organized. The new threads make it easier for us to start new, uh, pix threads.
*plotting viewing adventures*:drool: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drool:

When I first saw it I said, :huh: :confused: but now I see what it's about and it's cool! I love the fan fiction section, maybe we can find all Mrs. Edge's stories and I can finally get mine! Maybe we can find all Mona's old plays and all the MacPhisto society stuff! :)

On the subject of seperating and splintering, that's been happening for a long time and has nothing to do with these brand new forums. As some have said it's bound to happen in any large group of people. It always happened in my school cafeteria too. The larger PLEBA got the more it formed its own groups and people came and went until I hardly recognize the place I joined last June. But as long as there are sexy pics and a love for U2 PLEBA will live on! :yes:

BTW why won't my siggie show up anymore :confused: :(

daisybean said:

Gina, I don't think Elvis and Sicy are intentionally trying to foster any separations. I think that with division of fan fic, OT, and PLEBA/band meetings, I think they are trying to make it more organized. So if you wanted to read a fan fic story you don't have to hunt through pages of other stuff. Or if you felt like sharing something with one of the "sistas" that is non U2 it won't get buried as quick. The only way separations would happen is if we as individuals let it happen by only going to certain forums and subforums.

I don't think they are intentionally trying to foster separation, either, and I'm sorry if I implied that. But I still think that separation will be the end result.

As for we ourselves preventing the separation, I can only control what I do. I know I will check all the subforums, and think basically everyone that's here now will do the same. But but I worry that new people might not get the sense of a larger community.

But the last thing I want to happen is for this argument to cause a rift in the community, so I will refrain from posting about this any more and fanning the flames.

Viva la PLEBA! ;)

*runs through thread*

:bono: :
334%3A6%3A4723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A887385nu0mrj

Remember that these days run away like horses over the hill...do we want to spend them doing this?

SamanthaPuff said:

BTW why won't my siggie show up anymore :confused: :(

The gif in your sig is over 100 kilobytes. Elvis wants the maximum size of images in sigs to be 30 kilobytes. If you want help with a new gif or image that is an appropriate size, feel free to send me a PM! :)

Back
Top Bottom