i don't know what to title this without sounding stupid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
anyone want to disagree? i rarely go to the movies, so i guess i'm not REALLY qualified to say this, i'm just curious about what other people think, and if we can have threads on "what kind of toothpaste do you use" this seems ok...but anyway, tell me to shut up if you really feel like wasting precious net time...

you've got basic annoying age groups at the movies:
whiny kids
giggling teenage girls
rich-kid-wannbe-ghetto-thug white guys
chatty middle class 30 something mothers
and senior citizens

whiny kids are usually avoidable at most movies other than lord of the rings or harry potter

i'll skip the giggling teenage girls category cos i think the last movie i saw where there was a pack of them in the audience was "titanic"...and i've never first hand experienced the wannabe-ghetto-thug-blah-blah guys (avoided 8 mile like the plauge)

chatty middle class 30 something mothers...you know them, your parents might be or have been one...my mom might have been one while she was in her 30s too, i wasn't really old enough to pay attention then.....i might grow up and become one...they're the ones who talk throughout the movie, act like they belong in some bad tv show...

senior citizens...i really have nothing against senior citizens...i know i'll get old one day, i know that i might be tottering up the cinema ramp to see a movie 60 years from now, but it's like the 30 year old mother group, but instead of whispering you've got actual speaking, cos they can't HEAR each other when they whisper! "what'd he say, frank?" "shh mildred! he said 'blah blah' now you made me miss what the other guy said!"...

ok, fine, anyone who sits next to you despite the fact that there are only 5 other people in the theatre (and you can't move cos you don't want to act like the jerk that you really are and offend them) and noisily eats popcorn and slurps their soda throughout the entire three hour movie...

and i thought the reason i didn't go see movies was because there wasn't anything that looked interesting enough...

:huh: Why is it that every time I go to the movies somebody with a big fat head sits in front of me just as the movie is starting?!

Oh, and another thing...I hate when people are rattling plastic wrappers when I'm trying to watch. One time I went to the movies and this girl behind me took FOREVER to open her bag of candy...you could tell she was trying to do it really slow, but that, in effect, caused MORE noise and it also lasted longer!

I usually try to avoid all of those scenarios by going in the afternoon and during the week when hardly anyone goes. If I go on the weekend we'll usually go to theatre downtown since it draws more of a crowd that are more interested in film rather than as social outing. They also play alot of the smaller films there.

I've been annoyed to the point where I have turned around and said something to the giggly and badass acting teenagers. Some other folks in theatre thanked me for it. If I pay to see a movie I want to not only see it but hear it!

i did go in the middle of the day...1:15 pm. and the movie i went to see wasn't playing at the small theatres in town, so i had to go to the mall...i mean, the whole thing could have been avoided--i could have waited for it to come out on video...*cough*or not seen it the second time*cough*

i guess i'm just complaining...

i hate that too when people try to open the candy wrapping slowly...you feel like reaching behind their seat, ripping the palstic off, throwing it in their face and yelling "now shut the fuck up!"...

:lol: @ this thread!

Some people should realize that movie theaters are not an appropriate place for babies... they get bored, and talk and cry, which is perfectly understandable, but totally unbearable for someone who wants to enjoy a movie. :huh:

Giggling teenagers... ugh!

LOL! In the olden days, though, in the silent era of movies, people talked all the time. It's not like they missed much dialogue, because there were none!

But yeah, people are dumb...have no respect what-so-ever. I prefer to rent movies than to go to a theatre--cheaper too :)

madamc said:
LOL! In the olden days, though, in the silent era of movies, people talked all the time. It's not like they missed much dialogue, because there were none!

But yeah, people are dumb...have no respect what-so-ever. I prefer to rent movies than to go to a theatre--cheaper too :)

:lol: silent movies!

i'm still wondering why they asked me what town i live in when they ripped my ticket :shifty:

IWasBored said:
i hate that too when people try to open the candy wrapping slowly...you feel like reaching behind their seat, ripping the palstic off, throwing it in their face and yelling "now shut the fuck up!"...

:lmao: That would be fun! But then you'd probably get kicked out for making a scene. :shrug: :lmao:

wertsie said:

:lmao: That would be fun! But then you'd probably get kicked out for making a scene. :shrug: :lmao:

yeah, probably. ah too bad...

i got politly thrown out as the credits were rolling. i was determined to stay and hear the entirety of "hands" this time, whereas the first time i left pretty quickly cos i was in awe at how well the song worked at the end of GONY...i kept coming up with new shoes to tie, check for things i might have dropped, and the popcorn-clean-up guy was giving me this nasty look and pointing to the door...so i glared back. not as satisfying as screaming "fuck off" at the candy-wrapper people would be...

I don't go to movies in the theatre cause I'm poor :D

wertsie said:
I hate when people are rattling plastic wrappers when I'm trying to watch.

Once I went to a movie with a friend and she took like 5 minutes to open her giant bag of skittles.
Then she dropped it.
Oh, and it was stadium seating, so we got to hear 'em go all the way to the front of the theatre.
:crack:

I don't like sitting behind people who are taller than me at the movies either. And what about people who kick the back of the seat? And those sticky floors???
There are certain movies where the crowd reaction--talking, shouting at the screen--can be part of the fun. I went to a midnight showing of Star Wars II-Attack Of The Clones because I wanted to be part of the communal experience of seeing a Star Wars movie right when it opened and being with the somewhat obsessive fans. I was surprised, though...it was a quieter crowd than I'd expected. The only time the theater really came alive is when Yoda started his kick-ass routine with the light saber!
But for the most part, I prefer to watch movies at home, on my new DVD.

Diane L said:
I don't like sitting behind people who are taller than me at the movies either. And what about people who kick the back of the seat? And those sticky floors???
There are certain movies where the crowd reaction--talking, shouting at the screen--can be part of the fun. I went to a midnight showing of Star Wars II-Attack Of The Clones because I wanted to be part of the communal experience of seeing a Star Wars movie right when it opened and being with the somewhat obsessive fans. I was surprised, though...it was a quieter crowd than I'd expected. The only time the theater really came alive is when Yoda started his kick-ass routine with the light saber!
But for the most part, I prefer to watch movies at home, on my new DVD.

the seating is on this huge slope, and you'd have to be about 4 feet tall and have someone 7 feet tall sitting in front of you to have a head in the way at the mall here, but i saw "bowling for columbine" at a theatre which used to be an opera house. probably the singles coolest place i've ever been to see a movie (other than the 20 seat room where there was a bolder sticking out of the wall, in the basement of this other theatre)...

sticky floors are really gross...but i'm mean enough to laugh at the fact that anyone might have spilled a 4 dollar soda...cos you have to be pretty dumb (or just wealthy enough not to care) to purchase a drink costing that much...there's a water fountain, and for mall water fountains, it's not as putrid as the water fountain in my dorm...

evil evil people who kick the seats...they like to return any sneers sent their way...

i wanted to see lord of the rings on opening night to observe all the obsessive fans, but i stupidly scheduled a dj training session that night...i'm gonna have a radio show...

IWasBored said:

yeah, probably. ah too bad...

i got politly thrown out as the credits were rolling. i was determined to stay and hear the entirety of "hands" this time, whereas the first time i left pretty quickly cos i was in awe at how well the song worked at the end of GONY...i kept coming up with new shoes to tie, check for things i might have dropped, and the popcorn-clean-up guy was giving me this nasty look and pointing to the door...so i glared back. not as satisfying as screaming "fuck off" at the candy-wrapper people would be...

Oooh...I'm jealous! I would like to see Gangs again before it leaves the theaters. My roommates expressed interest in seeing it but we're all so busy!

Re: I don't go to movies in the theatre cause I'm poor :D

Ultraviolet Light said:

Once I went to a movie with a friend and she took like 5 minutes to open her giant bag of skittles.
Then she dropped it.
Oh, and it was stadium seating, so we got to hear 'em go all the way to the front of the theatre.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But that kind of sucks for your friend!

Diane L said:
I don't like sitting behind people who are taller than me at the movies either. And what about people who kick the back of the seat?

When we went to see The Lion King at the IMAX there was this little kid sitting behind us that was kicking my friend's seat for a few minutes...luckily, he FINALLY stopped!

wertsie said:

Oooh...I'm jealous! I would like to see Gangs again before it leaves the theaters. My roommates expressed interest in seeing it but we're all so busy!

and here i was thinking that i was a nut for seeing it twice!

definelty worth seeing twice...
:yes: :yes:

ain't I such a nice friend? :p

wertsie said:
But that kind of sucks for your friend!

Oh, but she thought it was hilarious.
In fact, she giggled about it for a good 5 minutes.

Then she got mad cause she realized everyone else was laughing at her too. That part was funny. :D

Re: I don't go to movies in the theatre cause I'm poor :D

Ultraviolet Light said:

Then she dropped it.

I did the same thing with the skittles! If they would make the stupid bag so hard to open!
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom