I do not believe the state of Adam's bass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
Maybe Adam likes his guitars to age gracefully.

There are bits of green missing on that ancient green bass of his. It wouldn't be right to touch up the colour. Best to leave it as its an antique.

How long has he had the green bass?

Bibien said:

I will never know...
3.gif

;)

I do!!! I'm so serious, I just had a dream about him after reading this!! :happy: :faint:It felt gooooood. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Okay, back to real life now. :(

thrillme said:

Perhaps those older basses have their own sorta "character" which is why he still played them. If a bass is a custom, rare to find color, but has some dings, you can fix it up, make it look new or leave it the way it is.

Noooooooooo. Antique anything should never be fixed up to look as good as new. That would devalue the item.

And take away some of its character.

*sofia* said:

Don't know. Adam was seen with it a lot in the lead up to this tour. I'm not sure if he had it last tour. I didn't have access to the internet last tour, and U2 didn't tour here on that tour (or this one) so ... short answer - I don't know.

Golightly Grrl said:
If Adam holds his bass so lovingly, imagine how he holds a woman. :drool:

Oh so true, I cannot think of anything eles when I look at these pics:yes: :love:

*sofia* said:

I haven't see any photos of him with it from the Elevation tour or before, so I'm thinking it's one he got after the Elevation tour.

New bass for him, but the bass itself isn't new.

Wow. wowowowow. Gr8 vh1! wowowow. Everything was so cool, cept that it got cut off at 43 minutes, towards the end. I GOT TO SEE SO MUCH ADAM! SUCHA SWEETY WITH an accent.

THANKYOOOU!

i_love_adam said:
Wow. wowowowow. Gr8 vh1! wowowow. Everything was so cool, cept that it got cut off at 43 minutes, towards the end. I GOT TO SEE SO MUCH ADAM! SUCHA SWEETY WITH an accent.

THANKYOOOU!

I love Adam's accent too!!! It is so posh and charming:drool:

I would love it if this turned into an Adam and his bass appreciation thread! *daydreaming*

That can be arranged. ;)

satsadam.jpg

gloria_adam2.jpg

dfisfk.jpg
dfist2.jpg

Almost the same, but one has a darker colored neck.

dfisyh.jpg

My 2nd fave bass of his.

My all time favorite is that Auerswald, yellow space bass he played on the Popmart tour.

Last edited:
Thanks thrillme, you nearly kill)ed( me!

Ok, shoot me. I'm lame.

Now I insist everyone only listens to the right earphone! That way, you can hear Adam much more clearly! *rocking to Vertigo bassline*

Okay, I just watched the vh1 special again. Adam iz su keut thet i kant type preporly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wanna hug him so much here! Especially when he walks around with that cute look on his face and when he talks to Dallas! Then I saw the Paul McGuiness part and I wished P McG was my uncle!!

"Uncle Paulie, can you take me to see U2 today please?"

I know, he's so cute on the vh2 special :cute:

Just saw a pic of his green bass and, i don't know, he has two of them or what?

3legny177xr.jpg

1001670vi3gi.jpg

The first one looks new :confused:

m gonna hazard a guess that the first one is a Lakland darrel jones model. and so would be a different make to the bashed up one. (and would also make it new. ;) )

Back
Top Bottom