I didn't win but in the end I got into the Dublin book signing session

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
OMG! I don't know where to begin. I'm so wrecked my brain is not working properly; I've been standing since 6 am and all I had all day long was a glass of water. lol.

OK, last night I went to RTE studios because there was a rumour they might be on the Late Late show. I went there with the lovely Mr Noel and our names were placed on the waiting list. After talking to some papparazis and producers, we were told they wouldnt be on but we didnt have anything better to do so went to the show anyway. :lol: It was a cool show: Nancy Cartwright was there, the guys from Little Britain and Boris Becker (booooooooooooooooooring!).

So this morning I got up at 6 and went to Eason's on O'Connell Street. I got there at around 7 am and to my surprise, there were only 4 people by the main door and another 4 at the side entrance. I met Michael from Dublin and Dutch Party Girl (hi there! Hope you liked your latte! hehe) and talked for a bit. Then WildHoney7 (Susanna) arrived and we all went to the side entrance. From the beginning we were told there was no way we would get in without a wristband. But you know what IF fans are like: STUBBORN! lol We were like: yeah, yeah, yeah, we have been around for long, we know how these things work. But at one point, we seriously thought we wouldnt get in cus everybody was very very serious and not friendly.

But then things changed: it started pissing down so we moved under the roof, between the iron curtains and the glass doors. Then they told us to move in under the roof, by the door but that didn't mean we would get in. After a while, one of the security guys said: "Ok, folks, we are closing the iron curtains but u stay here". It looked very promising! So to make things short, after 6 hours we were finally told we would go in. YYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! OMG, I couldnt believe it. I was in such a shock!

So I went in, bought my book and started queing. When I caught the first glimpse of the guys sitting at the table, I went blank. lol.

So 2 ladies from the staff asked for my name and got my camera so they could take pics. One of them gave edge my book and said: "This is Flavia". Edge smiled, got my book and said: "Hi Flavia!" I was like: OMFG! But I quickly recovered and saidf hello and thanked him for signing my book and shook his hand. Then he passed the book to Bono, who said something about Edge being the favourite and him being rushed by Edgie. lol.

So I said hello to B and asked him if he had had a chance to watch the DVD Digsy gave him on Wednesday outside Abbey Road. He looked at me, smiled and said: Oh yes, the DVD from Boston right? Yes, I have it in my car but I havent been able to watch it yet. I;ve been meaning to do that but I've been kinda busy. Who made the DVD?" So I told him the lovely Digsy and UKTan were the responsible ones for such a work of art. He smiled again and before leaving I got a kiss. :drool: :heart:

Next was Larry. As I know what he is usally like, I just shook his hand and said: "Hey Larry, how's it going? Thanks for signing my book" and quickly moved towards Adam. I didnt want to piss Larry off. lol

So while Adam was signing my book I asked: "The Boom Boom Girls say hi again, Adam". He looked at me, laughed and said: "I have a feeling I might be seeing them soon". And damn right he is! lol

And that's how the whole thing happened. I have a funny feeling my mug will end up on the newspapers yet again because there were loads of photographers taking pics and a couple of them took a few pics right in my face. :lol:

I'll post my pics in a while. But first I need to get a drink and a bit of food or I'll drop dead!

I was there with Flavia as well (sorry, I lost you once we left the store, it was great to meet you).

It was absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately my camera was being stupid so I have no good photos. :( Unless you like fuzzy-blurry U2.

OMG!

Hi! where did you go? Andrew and I where looking for you to exchange emails and stuff! :D

It was lovely to meet you and Im sorry your camera decided to fuck up at the most important time. :p

Are you still on cloud number 9? :D :hyper:

Thats so cool dude, and I'm so jealous! I would have gone only I couldn't get over to Dublin in time. I can't wait to see the pictures :hyper: !

1) DVD= dvd from the night we got onstage. Bono asked one of us if we had a copy of that show and pics because he would like to see them, so Digsy and UKTan made a fantastic DVD for him.

2) The Boom Boom Girls are Adam's biggest fans and he knows exactly how much they adore him. They are worldwide famous by now. :wink: (Hi Mishka and Bahston! lol)

Niamh_Saoirse said:
So while Adam was signing my book I asked: "The Boom Boom Girls say hi again, Adam". He looked at me, laughed and said: "I have a feeling I might be seeing them soon". And damn right he is! lol

Okay first off Flavita darling I'm super-thrilled my girl got in for a farewell snog with B... it's only right!! :wink:

And secondly excuse me while I belt out one helluva scream in my house :shriek: !! You, Digsy, Di, Noel you have outdone yourselves... you didn't have to do this totally unexpected relay message thingie -- you're just gorgeous!!! :heart:

Okay, Adam... : panting: ... picturing Adam laughing... and *expecting* his BBG's... DAMN!!!

:dies:

yay flavie you rock!!! :hyper:
congrats on remembering to ask B about the dvd - both Tan and i blanked in front of him and i think i rambled incoherently about how the band should go back to South Africa or something!

now all we (don't) need is the BBG's to ask Bono on wednesday about the dvd and i think he'll start to get scared that us flagshippers are chasing him round the world! :lol:

really cool about adam as well - thats the 3rd Boom Boom girls message he's had in 2 days! :lol:
he'll never forget them now!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

So I went in, bought my book and started queing. When I caught the first glimpse of the guys sitting at the table, I went blank. lol.

That's EXACTLY what I would do. I couldn't imagine having the four of them sitting right in front of me. Amazing story. Way to go Flavia.

When I grow up I wanna be just like Flavia..
living out the u2 fan's dream! Congrats AGAIN !!!:wink:

Re: Re: I didn't win but in the end I got into the Dublin book signing session

michelleontheair said:
Okay first off Flavita darling I'm super-thrilled my girl got in for a farewell snog with B... it's only right!! :wink:

And secondly excuse me while I belt out one helluva scream in my house :shriek: !! You, Digsy, Di, Noel you have outdone yourselves... you didn't have to do this totally unexpected relay message thingie -- you're just gorgeous!!! :heart:

Okay, Adam... : panting: ... picturing Adam laughing... and *expecting* his BBG's... DAMN!!!

:dies:

:lmao:

Let me comfort you, Mishka. :hug:
Just think happy Adam thoughts. :)

And now I'm really starting to believe all that Flagship energy that's in the air. I better book my ticket to Hawaii soon.

Excellent story, Flavia! :up: Wonderful to see you have met them again.

digsy said:
yay flavie you rock!!! :hyper:
congrats on remembering to ask B about the dvd - both Tan and i blanked in front of him and i think i rambled incoherently about how the band should go back to South Africa or something!

now all we (don't) need is the BBG's to ask Bono on wednesday about the dvd and i think he'll start to get scared that us flagshippers are chasing him round the world! :lol:

really cool about adam as well - thats the 3rd Boom Boom girls message he's had in 2 days! :lol:
he'll never forget them now!

Digsy If I get into NY I'll ask about the DVD!!!!

Re: Re: Re: I didn't win but in the end I got into the Dublin book signing session

Popmartijn said:

And now I'm really starting to believe all that Flagship energy that's in the air. I better book my ticket to Hawaii soon.

Marty!!!

Where the heck have you been man? So, nice to see you around these parts. Yes, you have to book your ticket to Hawaii. We would have so much fun.

Digsy, Tan and Flavia I am so happy for you guys :bow: I was also screaming in my apartment when I got the text from one half of the BOOM BOOM Girls.

Flagshippers are planning on a semi-reunion in NY. Bono, Adam, Edge and Larry and in for a wonderful time :applaud:

JCOSTER said:

Digsy If I get into NY I'll ask about the DVD!!!!

:lol:

thats very sweet of you, but i wouldn't worry about it, thanks.

hes been asked twice now (in 2 hours) and made it quite clear that he has it and knows what it is so more than that i can't ask for! if he wants to watch it now he will - i don't want to scare the poor little man off by bombarding him with enquiring flagshippers!!! :lol:

thanks though and best of luck getting into NY, its a great experience!

:lmao: U2 being stalked by fans!

:lol: that's hillarious! I HOPE he'll watch the dvd, and comments on it when one of you asks him in NY!

Woohoo..FLAVIA...you are the lovely girl...oh my...it was amazing to meet you there...it's so amazing to finally meet people we knew from here :)

And CONGRATULATIONS for managing the get the book signed and shake hands with them..amazing....nice they got that for you...kisses

Kite

Re: Re: Re: I didn't win but in the end I got into the Dublin book signing session

Popmartijn said:

Thanks Marty, I really have a bad case of Adam Fevah!

And what's this business that you're not booked yet? :eyebrow:

:yes: with the air electric with Flagship vibes now is the time baby!!

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

Back
Top Bottom