I can't even look at him!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:

*Nods* I hear that one.

I've thought many a time about what it'd be like if I ever met Bono face to face, or if I got pulled up on stage if and when I go see them in concert *Crosses fingers, looks upward, and prays like mad for that to come true*...I honestly don't know what I'd do or say. I'd probably just be too stunned (and deliriously happy...my god, if that ever does happen, there will be NOTHING that will be able to wipe the gigantic grin that I'd have plastered on my face for days on end afterwards off).

Angela

I feel exactly the same - I don't know what I will do when I meet Bono next year - and I will meet him next year - I must - even if I have to wait day and night - I will meet him.......:eeklaugh:

Bono's Doll said:
I have come to the realization that obsession must run in my family---my cousin who is about 12 years older than me loves Elvis so much that she lives with an Elvis impersonator she met a few years ago. From what I know he stays in Elvis mode pretty much all of the time.

Wow.

My sister and mom are known to have their own obessions, too-they don't go as far as your cousin does, but they have their things they're into as well. So it runs in my family, too :).

Originally posted by Bono's Doll
Any Bonos out there need a good home?

Haha, yeah, really...I'm sure my family wouldn't mind having a Bono look-alike in their home :p.

Originally posted by bonosbaby25
I feel exactly the same - I don't know what I will do when I meet Bono next year - and I will meet him next year - I must - even if I have to wait day and night - I will meet him.......

I'm sensing a PLEBA mission starting up...:hmm:...

Angela

Jamila said:
Remember, girls, I've been doing this since the early 1980's.
So do I Jamila, but I've never been so "nuts" about Bono as I am now. That is scary because I'm supposed to be a gown up woman at this point :confused: .

sweetie said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh!:drool: Bono arms!!!!!

<dies>

Anyone care to see what my wallpaper looks like? Of course it's tiled, too, so I have like 12 Bono's staring at me. And quite honestly, at times it is difficult to look at him!

3426498%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Evq%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D32327%3A769%3B39%3Avq0mrj

My, oh my. He just keeps getting better. Yes, I sense a PLEBA mission - to meet him and taste that delicious neck of his.

(thinks about how that conversation would go)
LG: "Hi Bono!"
B: (in that delightful Irish voice) "Oh, hi there, what's your name?"
LG: (completely skips the name part b/c she's forgotten what it is) "Ummm, Bono, can I ask an unusual favor of you? I wouldn't normally ask, but well, I have a lot of people counting on me for it."
B:"Why, sure! What would you like?"
LG: (gets really giddy at the thought of that question) "Well, ummmm, (chuckles) we've noticed how much you like to show your neck, and bite your fans at various shows, so would you mind if I bit your neck to find out what it's like? It's a purely scientific exploration, I assure you."
B: "Well, if it's in the name of science, I suppose I'd have to oblige..." (reveals that sexy neck and looks at LG invitingly)
LG: "Yes, all in the name of science..." (bites the neck)
B: "Okay, my turn!" (looks at LG's neck)
:drool:

(bangs head on keyboard) I love my husband! I love my husband! I love my husband! Why do I let Bono torment me so?????

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
LG: (completely skips the name part b/c she's forgotten what it is)

:lmao:...

The whole thing was hilarious-I would get a real kick out of witnessing that scenario.

Originally posted by Lemon Grrrrrl
(bangs head on keyboard) I love my husband! I love my husband! I love my husband! Why do I let Bono torment me so?????

Hey, he's the one who's doing all this stuff that he full well knows will charm us girls to no end, so if you're gonna blame anybody here...:p.

I do pity the guy I wind up marrying someday...especially if that guy ever happened to turn out to be my old boyfriend. Hopefully they have their own crushes so it can be all evened out :).

Angela

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

My, oh my. He just keeps getting better. Yes, I sense a PLEBA mission - to meet him and taste that delicious neck of his.
[/B][/QUOTE]

lol!!! I sincerely can't wait to see my fellow PLEBAs in action!!! I'm taking notes!

([/B][/QUOTE] bangs head on keyboard) I love my husband! I love my husband! I love my husband! Why do I let Bono torment me so????? [/B][/QUOTE]:angel: Me too!!! Thats my mantra daily.

starsgoblue said:

I must. I just have to...I got to know he's for real, if that makes any sense....

Stars that makes total sense. When I saw him in the flesh---excuse me while I have a moment :drool: ----I mean up close not on TV (I've never seen him them concert!!) I was absolutely stunned. He was real. And he was beautiful and he was so incredibly sweet and kind. As much as love looking at his older pix (JT-yummy!) I've been leaning more toward his more recent pix. He's so real and now I'm on a mission to actually talk with him or have him sign an autograph for ME! Not in a crush of people with a bazillion other autographs..but one for me. And maybe a hug :wink:

Well, if I get a huggle, he will be smelling my neck since I will probably tower a lil over him... :wink:

*makes note to bring nice perfume with her to concerts*

Specially cause of the long waits... :wink:

sweetie said:

Stars that makes total sense. When I saw him in the flesh---excuse me while I have a moment :drool: ----I mean up close not on TV (I've never seen him them concert!!) I was absolutely stunned. He was real. And he was beautiful and he was so incredibly sweet and kind. As much as love looking at his older pix (JT-yummy!) I've been leaning more toward his more recent pix. He's so real and now I'm on a mission to actually talk with him or have him sign an autograph for ME! Not in a crush of people with a bazillion other autographs..but one for me. And maybe a hug :wink:

Yes! When I saw them last tour I was always so far away he could've been an amnitron or whatever those things at Disneyland are called :wink: I just need to see if that warmth and eyes are for real! I just gotta do it. :D

A week? To do what exactly, sweetie...camp outside thier hotel? :wink:

Which reminds me...how do people figure out that stuff anyways, ie thier hotels?! And how do people get to hang out at the back of the arena to try and meet them as they go in for soundcheck, does the place allow that or do you have to pull a Mission Impossible type stunt?? I've never had any interest in meeting any celebrities before so I've never tried...but now I'm kinda curious.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
A week? To do what exactly, sweetie...camp outside thier hotel? :wink:

Which reminds me...how do people figure out that stuff anyways, ie thier hotels?! And how do people get to hang out at the back of the arena to try and meet them as they go in for soundcheck, does the place allow that or do you have to pull a Mission Impossible type stunt?? I've never had any interest in meeting any celebrities before so I've never tried...but now I'm kinda curious.

:lol: That does have stalker written all over it doesn't it! Well they usually do a few shows in Boston so they have to be hanging around. In the past they used to be at the Four Seasons..so I think I'll have a few cocktails in the lounge. Plus parts of Boston are Irish Central so there are many pubs to find our lads in. Busy busy week.

I've never wanted to meet anyone this badly before. I'm sure I can find out some info.

Oh I keep forgetting your from Boston! I really miss being out there and I was considering heading back there for the tour...maybe we'll have to join forces. I might need a partner in crime because as bold as I may sound here, if and when I ever do lay eyes on them I might just freeze up and run away....and then I'd never forgive myself! :wink:

sweetie said:

It will happen. I'm taking a week off while they are here on tour. :)
Then I need to plan to come to Massachusetts & see a show with you! Strength in numbers and all that jazz, you know. :D
I'm like stars - I've never felt the need to meet any other celebrity and I'm in desparate need of guidance on how to do this properly. Surely two or more PLEBA girls putting their heads and considerable determination together will get results!!

(And this is a little off the subject, but I just have to tell somebody before I explode!!! I found out last night my mother-in-law's giving me $500 :)shocked: ) for Christmas - to fund my U2 travels in the spring!!!!!!! :hyper: :combust: )

BluRmGrl said:

Then I need to plan to come to Massachusetts & see a show with you! Strength in numbers and all that jazz, you know. :D
I'm like stars - I've never felt the need to meet any other celebrity and I'm in desparate need of guidance on how to do this properly. Surely two or more PLEBA girls putting their heads and considerable determination together will get results!!

(And this is a little off the subject, but I just have to tell somebody before I explode!!! I found out last night my mother-in-law's giving me $500 :)shocked: ) for Christmas - to fund my U2 travels in the spring!!!!!!! :hyper: :combust: )

:applaud: Yes, we'll have to team up! Strength in number is so true...:D

It's really kinda funny, because I have never ever wanted to meet anyone famous before but now I can't tell you why I think about it so much...maybe because I hear of people having such wonderful experiences with a band that really does care about thier fans.

VERY cool about your pressie! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom