Husbands just don't understand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
As if it weren't bad enough that we are fighting about how many U2 shows I can see due to such trivial matters as MONEY, you won't believe this conversation:

Mrs. Edge: So the Edgettes and I are starting this Edge club...

Mr. Edge: What?? The Edgettes? What are you, 12? You're all like a group of pre-pubescent girls drooling over the Backstreet Boys!

*sigh*

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

Mr. Edge: What?? The Edgettes? What are you, 12? You're all like a group of pre-pubescent girls drooling over the Backstreet Boys!

*sigh*

LOL! I guess that's why I don't mention this whole PLEBA thing to most people I know.
smile.gif
I guess we just have to accept that some people (okay, maybe most people) find our love to be a little crazy!

And I hope the money issue works out- I'd hate to hear of a PLEBAn being deprived of seeing our boys.
smile.gif

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 09-19-2001).]

Jess. You poor thang.

Hubbies. *Snort* What DO THEY KNOW???
biggrin.gif

They'll just never understand our lus...er, LOVE for all things Edgie...but these aren't BOYS for crying out loud, they're FULL GROWN (if not very tall) MEN!!! WITH MANLY...MAN THINGS ALL OVER THEM!!! Hey, 50 year old women screamed like teenagers over Elvis, so why can't we drool over the boys?? (okay, we call them boys, but you know what I mean)

And waitaminnit! Steve is Edge number 2, so how come he doesnt' get it??? Does he need his own drooling groupies as well??
smile.gif
(kidding! hehehe)

Can't wait to meet up with other Edgelings soon...I hope!!!

Disco

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Hubbies. *Snort* What DO THEY KNOW???
biggrin.gif

Fuckin' A. Tell me about it. Mine tries, but just doesn't get it.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

My fiance lets me drool over Bono and act as girlish as I want about him...probably because he knows I stand a snowball's chance in hell with Bono...I think my sweetie figures our relationship is safe.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

My sweetie is not even here!
frown.gif

He is in Saudi Arabia of all places at least until December, I Hope.
frown.gif
frown.gif

He does not have a problem with my obsession with Adam or U2, yet! I guess it is different when you are married, I suppose you have to share & debate stuff more than you do with a boyfriend. Oh man, I am feeling lonely!
frown.gif
Sorry to ruin your thread Jess!
frown.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

I agree they just don't understand....

even when they get online and use my phone line, connection to the real world, to review pictures on flashyourrack.com. don't try it, it's hideously disrespecful...

Here we go to Hamilton baby!!!!!!!!!

woohoo

sg~

Now I miss my fiance too...I wish we didn't live so far apart. I probably won't see him again until June.
frown.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

You know, I just keep thinking, why did he have to accept that new comission, he was going to leave the AF last May, but he was promoted to Captain and decided to stay on awhile longer!
mad.gif
I guess I should have been more adamantly opposed to his staying on longer, but I did not want to be a jerk, and seem bossy and unyielding.
frown.gif

Well, there is nothing we can do about it now, just pray he comes back to me soon.

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Not at all, SG!! What a sad predicament. At least I'm lucky enough to have my (confused and misguided) husband here! I am also lucky in that while he finds it amusing, he's turned into a humongous fan himself, and doesn't even seem to resent the fact that everyone calls him the Edge clone.

I wish I could think of something to say/do that would make you feel better!

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Oh man, I am feeling lonely!
frown.gif
Sorry to ruin your thread Jess!
frown.gif

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
As if it weren't bad enough that we are fighting about how many U2 shows I can see due to such trivial matters as MONEY, you won't believe this conversation:

Mrs. Edge: So the Edgettes and I are starting this Edge club...

*sigh*

OK Mrs. Edge-I guess I can forgive him, cause...

1. He's married to you.

2. He's an Edge clone!!

*suddenly savoring being single*

My husband doesn't get it, but - bless his heart - he is quite tolerant so I'll give him a big thumbs up. My U2 thing was solidly in place when he met me, so this is no big adjustment for him or anything...

He gets big brownie points for going all the way to Slane with me and hanging out with Interferencers all night. (Ah honey - I see, yes, you're not the only one. Well, at least that's somewhat refreshing.)
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Back
Top Bottom