hurricane terror--??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Well, those of us in the Gulf Area are waiting to get hit! The storm has already evacuated the Gulf Coast. A medieval faire scheduled for Saturday in the New Orleans area has been postponed as everyone has had to leave. If you're in the area, stay safe! The weather around Birmingham is getting nasty. The storm will hit the Coast Thursday and we will get drenched! I hate hurricane season!! :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'll stay safe and try to stay dry. I just hope we don't have an outage, but we had an outage when Frances hit and this one's going to be much worse. It's currently about 300 miles away from New Orleans. We have our own special map to follow it on computer courtesy of the Weather Service. Gosh, I'll be glad when this :censored: is out of the way. Right now it's alot of anxiety. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Richmond had it last year with Isabelle and this year with Gaston (the nicest parts of downtown are destroyed :sad: ) and now some other tropical depression could come up the east coast. lets hope we all stay safe and dry this season!!!

U2democrat said:
Richmond had it last year with Isabelle and this year with Gaston (the nicest parts of downtown are destroyed :sad: ) and now some other tropical depression could come up the east coast. lets hope we all stay safe and dry this season!!!

Isabel was awful! Worst I've been through. Here is a link to the flooding of Shockoe Bottom made by a guy my brother knows. This guy worked down there.

http://homepage.mac.com/ken.weber/Historic_Flood_2004/PhotoAlbum21.html

Not you this time Kelly? You've had your share!

Verte I hope you don't get it, I hope nobody gets it.:(

U2Kitten said:

Isabel was awful! Worst I've been through. Here is a link to the flooding of Shockoe Bottom made by a guy my brother knows. This guy worked down there.

http://homepage.mac.com/ken.weber/Historic_Flood_2004/PhotoAlbum21.html

Not you this time Kelly? You've had your share!

Verte I hope you don't get it, I hope nobody gets it.:(

I saw those pics earlier....absolutely AMAZING. I can't believe that's only about 15 minutes away..........

U2democrat said:

I saw those pics earlier....absolutely AMAZING. I can't believe that's only about 15 minutes away..........

Where do you live? My brothers live in Chester.

Hurricane Ivan is the 3rd hurricane i've had to stress over in the past 6 weeks:mad: We nearly doged a bullet with Ivan here in South Florida. And now there's a 4th tropical storm close to Puerto Rico, and it may turn into a hurricane:madspit:

The wind is starting to pick up here. I saw a report from Mobile on the news just now, and it's flooded. The hurricane will hit the Coast tomorrow, and then move up to Birmingham. Great. We're probably in for another outage. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sorry Verte :hug: You hang in there.

I have a friend on another message board who lives less than a mile from Mobile Bay. She put all her good stuff in plastic boxes up high and took off. :(

We're supposed to get at least six inches of rain. It's going to be a hell of a storm. I hope I don't need the flashlight for more than a few hours. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Has it started to rain yet? We just broke out with a terrible downpour and thunderstorm here (coast of VA) I wonder if it's related to the outer bands of Ivan?

Oh, my goodness, it's getting really bad out there. The wind is really picking up. We're going to get *drenched*. If the outer bands are hitting as far north as Virginia we are in for the Storm From Hell. I'm a nervous wreck. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Just took a look at the maps again. Yeah, the outer bands are hitting as far north as Virginia. It's really picking up gusts here, they are going to be about 45 mph by tomorrow. Ugh. This is going to be a mess. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

It's not supposed to hit us until tomorrow. It's still in the Gulf, but tomorrow's going to be a mess. It's really dark and overcast now, but this is the calm before the storm. Ugh. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I just had to shut my windows to keep wind from blowing in my room. It's awfully cold here for September. This is not going to be pleasant, to say the least. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

They have closed the schools, the libraries, which means I don't work today, and everything else. The storm center is currently around 90 miles to the south of Montgomery, which is two hours south of here on the Interstate. It's really nasty, raining like hell, really ferocious winds. I'm a nervous wreck. I just hope we don't lose our power. I detest outages. But we'll make it if we have one. The governor said that we have never had a storm like this in Alabama, and President Bush has declared the state a disaster area already. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
According to the latest rainfall map on the web site, we are in the area that's getting hit by the rain the hardest. We're in the heaviest rainfall area for the next 24 hours. The winds are really gusting and it's raining like heck. No one is out on the streets.

Back
Top Bottom