How's Sian doing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the last leg of the Vertigo tour last November/December (which was postponed because of Sian's illness), Bono said something along the lines of, "We just want to say that of all us and all of our family members are healthy, and we pray the same for you" at one of the Australian shows. I'm not remembering which one. I know there was a clip on Youtube of him saying it, but I don't know if it's still up there or even what to look for.

There wasn't even an official statement saying that she was sick. She's probably fine, but I don't think we should be talking about her. It just doesn't feel right discussing something so personal about the band, even if it is good news, which we don't even know. But, just gathering from clues here and there, she's most likely perfectly fine again. :)

Yeah, Bono said on several of the Australian shows that "everyone in this band and their families is just very well". Morleigh, Sian and Levi were at these shows and Bono said that the family was "in the house" and mentioned Edge "sleeping late, which could be interesting". So I guess - and most of all HOPE - the little girl is fine.

flowerchildH said:
There wasn't even an official statement saying that she was sick. She's probably fine, but I don't think we should be talking about her. It just doesn't feel right discussing something so personal about the band, even if it is good news, which we don't even know. But, just gathering from clues here and there, she's most likely perfectly fine again. :)

that's because it it was a private family matter that was kept out of the press for good reasons. But she was very sick from the info that was out there. And from what I remember in the beginning she was at cedar's sinai in LA. Beginning of 2005.. and the delay.. which was due to this.

As someone else mentioned here, I don't think we should be discussing this matter. In fact, I think it is stated in forum faqs for pleba regarding discussions about family matters, pictures etc.

<<< too lazy to copy and paste... :D

U2Fanatic4ever said:

that's because it it was a private family matter that was kept out of the press for good reasons. But she was very sick from the info that was out there. And from what I remember in the beginning she was at cedar's sinai in LA. Beginning of 2005.. and the delay.. which was due to this.

As someone else mentioned here, I don't think we should be discussing this matter. In fact, I think it is stated in forum faqs for pleba regarding discussions about family matters, pictures etc.

<<< too lazy to copy and paste... :D

I agree that this is not something that should really be discussed here. I understand the genuine concern however. I saw the family out and about in LA a long while ago , and she looked like a very healthy happy little girl. God willing that happy healthiness will continue for the whole family.

popbellydancer said:

I agree that this is not something that should really be discussed here. I understand the genuine concern however. I saw the family out and about in LA a long while ago , and she looked like a very healthy happy little girl. God willing that happy healthiness will continue for the whole family.

thanks.. and glad to hear that she was looking good.. I also wish nothing but the best for the family!

I too, understand the concern but it's just not wise to start a thread/discussion on it. Just leads to info that could and is private. Let's let the family have their privacy.

I think this is a thread that probably should be closed.

You're right- it is a private matter. But as far as I know, Edge and Bono even mention Sian's illness in "U2 by U2"
Anyway, I hope she's doing fine!

^ :lol:

Question: Does anyone remember a video that Edge was talking about her? He was saying how Sian told him its okay daddy go on tour I'll be okay.
What was this? Its really bothering me.

Yeah and in Hawaii Bono thanked the family and Edge was all smiling so it sounds like shes alot better :)

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
^ :lol:

Question: Does anyone remember a video that Edge was talking about her? He was saying how Sian told him its okay daddy go on tour I'll be okay.
What was this? Its really bothering me.

Yeah and in Hawaii Bono thanked the family and Edge was all smiling so it sounds like shes alot better :)

I don't know about a video of him saying that but he does say that in U2byU2.

Dana

Yeah, it's in the book. I was actually surprised that they decided to put it into the book. But I found Bono's Miracle Drug story very touching.

I love how we DON'T talk about this issue.

Talking about private family issues is a bit of a gray area. I don't think it was wrong to ask this question, but I really don't think there is much more to discuss, so we will leave it at this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom