how to draw U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
:lmao: i was searching for some bono pics yesterday on google when i came across this old cartoon from atu2.com. i'm sure many of you have seen it before but i didn't remember it. i thought it was pretty funny, and the pics are rather nicely drawn by whoever did it.

:hmm: i think it's inspired me to paint some more pics of U2 which i haven't done in a while. in fact i don't draw U2 much these days, i dunno why :shrug:

1003a.jpg

1003b.jpg

1003c.jpg

1003d.jpg

1003e.jpg

:lol: Those are absolutely priceless! God, they'd make great posters, don' cha' know! :drool: :hmm: Methinks I've stumbled upon my next little U2 quest. Mr. Blu will be thrilled. :|

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wow!!! Larry is a mix of James Dean And Kevin Bacon!!!:up: I love Bono nose and Adam upsidedown smile!!!!:drool:

BluRmGrl said:
:lol: Those are absolutely priceless! God, they'd make great posters, don' cha' know! :drool: :hmm: Methinks I've stumbled upon my next little U2 quest. Mr. Blu will be thrilled. :|

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

i never thought of that, but they would make good posters! if i had an art studio i'd print them out oversize and hang them in there....i probably can't get a good print of these from the internet, but i might try and frame small versions of them by my desk :hyper: :hmm:

Last edited:
sami0201 said:
:lmao:

so, those are actual drawings? If so, the person who did them is EXTREMELY talented. I wish I was that good!

So do I. I'm jealous as hell of people who are that good at figure drawing.

sami0201 said:
:lmao:

so, those are actual drawings? If so, the person who did them is EXTREMELY talented. I wish I was that good!

That is EXACTLY what I was about to say. Those drawings are...wow.

Thanks Abel! Even though I had seen them before (Kelly is an awsome artist, she is a art teacher I think, I draw/illustrate too so those came easy for me**right now I'm all about Anime/Japanimation......Ill post some of my art work once I feel comfortable doing so, (Im my worst critic) I also like drawing "lil'U2"...
:wink:

:hmm: those drawings really make me want to try watercolor more. i've only done a little bit of watercolor, and find it harder to do cuz once the paint is down there's no taking it back or painting over it like you can with acrylics.

i've done some drawings and most recently microsoft paint pics on the computer like this one i did last year.

adam_lowres.jpg

i still don't know why i never painted U2. one thing she does have right in her cartoon, is that larry is harder to draw. i'm always intimidated by drawing larry for some reason :laugh:
although i find adam relatively easy to draw.

these and tons more are all available on @U2.com. I love it when she does Lil' U2! There was one last year that was so funny I pieced it all together and made it into a wallpaper. Baby Edge gets a little frustrated with baby Bono trying to save some kitties and never being around to help build the sand castle! Too cute! :cute: It's from January 2004 if you were going to go do some investigating.

ABEL said:
:lmao: i was searching for some bono pics yesterday on google when i came across this old cartoon from atu2.com. i'm sure many of you have seen it before but i didn't remember it. i thought it was pretty funny, and the pics are rather nicely drawn by whoever did it.

Kelly Eddington is the cartoonist for atu2.com. You can find more of her works here: http://www.atu2.com/achtoon/

I love the one from August 2003. Namely because she paints the Edge so beautifully. :)

arw9797 said:
these and tons more are all available on @U2.com. I love it when she does Lil' U2! There was one last year that was so funny I pieced it all together and made it into a wallpaper. Baby Edge gets a little frustrated with baby Bono trying to save some kitties and never being around to help build the sand castle! Too cute! :cute: It's from January 2004 if you were going to go do some investigating.

Yes, that's absolutely my favourite too: "best sandcastle ever".
She's brilliantly funny.

I can barely draw a stick figure, but my friend Jean is quite the artist. I took her to a art supply store in Milwaukee when she visited me. We saw a tube of paint called "Blue Interference." I should have bought it and made a shrine in my apartment.

kelly's work is almost always quite well draw, nicely composed and sooooo funny!!!

I've ALWAYS wanted to print out her work [no internet ] ...but everytime i've tried in the past -not reccently- inn the seperate window they come up in....it comes out blank :madspit:

:help: :help: Any suggestions how i might get them printed up?

at least I now can print THESE up! :lol: :up:

have you tried ctrl, screen print, then pasting it in paint? You'd have some cutting to do once you paste because you'll get the whole screen but it should work. It wouldn't be that big though. Just the size it is on the screen.

when I draw the guys...i use a bunch of pictures /and pics I've drawn off the Videos set on 'STILL' for References, but i never draw exactly from any one photo. Plus my own much more reccent experiences with seeingt them closer-up out side of our Arena. experience.

So mine never look quite as photgraphic as those from folks who copy a photo exactely....but they're good {most ofd the time :D}.

arw9797 said:
have you tried ctrl, screen print, then pasting it in paint? You'd have some cutting to do once you paste because you'll get the whole screen but it should work. It wouldn't be that big though. Just the size it is on the screen.

Hi :wave:

hmmm....IF you are making this suggestion to me....I don't have internet and I'm not sure on the one computer i could probably get it on....has the 'Paint' program on it.... It has the usual Desktop Draw stuff.

dazzledbylight said:

Hi :wave:

hmmm....IF you are making this suggestion to me....I don't have internet and I'm not sure on the one computer i could probably get it on....has the 'Paint' program on it.... It has the usual Desktop Draw stuff.

:huh: you don't have internet :confused: how are you here then??!!

Back
Top Bottom