How old are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
24...but I think I usually act younger and I have mostly older friends.

Schmeg said:
24...but I think I usually act younger and I have mostly older friends.

none of my freinds are actually my age...they're either younger or older.

I'm 17 but I don't fit in with most of the people my age unless they're like me. I think I'm old beyond my years. I like talking to older people about stuff most of the people my age don't like, like older rock bands. I don't know anyone my age in person who likes U2. I'm happy to see other teenagers here with good taste! :yes:

Sweepie said:
I don't know anyone my age in person who likes U2.

Same here. Whenever there is a new person in my school people introduce them to me by saying "See the girl in the corner, she's the U2 fan. Stay away from her because she might make you listen to good music" It's kind of annoying not having anyone at school to talk about U2. That's why I practically live here

Sweepie said:
I'm 17 but I don't fit in with most of the people my age unless they're like me. I think I'm old beyond my years. I like talking to older people about stuff most of the people my age don't like, like older rock bands. I don't know anyone my age in person who likes U2. I'm happy to see other teenagers here with good taste! :yes:

:yes: I'm 21 and I have the same problem. I'm big into classic rock and stuff like that.

:hmm: I think music is part of my own "religion" I've created for myself. A lot of people don't seem to get that...

Sweepie said:

Ditto.

My friend Will has a U2 album (I don't know if he has more), and he likes their music.

But none of my other friends are really into U2-they don't even really know who they are. They do like older music, though, like the Beatles and the Stones and the Moody Blues (my friend Rachel loves them) and AC/DC and groups like that.

Even so, I can't find practically anyone in my town besides Will that listens to U2 often and knows who they are and is a big fan of them.

And most of the kids at my school either listen to a lot of the newer rock bands (the ones that I can't really get into), or they listen to rap (which I do listen to, but not often), or they like country or things like that.

And then when kids find out I like Bono, then that really distances me-girls my age are drooling over Van Diesel or Josh Hartnett or people like them...and here I am, an 18 year old girl, and my crush is Bono (heh, while my friend Will likes U2's music, I don't think he'll be having a crush on Bono anytime soon, LOL. He does think Bono's pretty cool, though).

So it's great to see other people here that are my age and feel the same way I do.

You're right, it is nice to see other teenagers here with good taste. :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Ditto.

My friend Will has a U2 album (I don't know if he has more), and he likes their music.

But none of my other friends are really into U2-they don't even really know who they are. They do like older music, though, like the Beatles and the Stones and the Moody Blues (my friend Rachel loves them) and AC/DC and groups like that.

Even so, I can't find practically anyone in my town besides Will that listens to U2 often and knows who they are and is a big fan of them.

And most of the kids at my school either listen to a lot of the newer rock bands (the ones that I can't really get into), or they listen to rap (which I do listen to, but not often), or they like country or things like that.

And then when kids find out I like Bono, then that really distances me-girls my age are drooling over Van Diesel or Josh Hartnett or people like them...and here I am, an 18 year old girl, and my crush is Bono (heh, while my friend Will likes U2's music, I don't think he'll be having a crush on Bono anytime soon, LOL. He does think Bono's pretty cool, though).

So it's great to see other people here that are my age and feel the same way I do.

You're right, it is nice to see other teenagers here with good taste. :).

Angela

Vin Diesel? Josh Hartnett? :barf: I don't understand the attraction to either! Vin looks like some thug you wouldn't want to run into in a dark alley, and Josh Hartnett has a unibrow...:lmao:

:shrug: But that's just my opinion...Anyone who disagrees is of course free to do so!

Well, Vin Diesel is definitely :barf: I can understand people liking Josh Hartnett, though I personally don't. I like our MEN! :yes:

vin diesel is ugly. josh hartnet is too.

what scares me more: people (like my sister) who think nelly is hot :barf:

yo yo look at me yo i got a band aid on my cheek right heeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee

and then my sister says she can see how some people think larry's hot, but bono looks gay (like there's something wrong with being gay...and that you can tell from someone's appearance :mad: ), adam c looks old (from JT and onward), and edge looks like bob dylan...

you know how many "at least my favourite band..." things i can say as a comeback??? at least...can write songs...don't advertise their clothing line in EVERY photo...oh the list goes on forever...

[/venting]

Last edited:
wertsie said:

:yes: I'm 21 and I have the same problem. I'm big into classic rock and stuff like that.

:hmm: I think music is part of my own "religion" I've created for myself. A lot of people don't seem to get that...

that sounds like me!! music means so much to me! and everyone around me is like "Oh yeah i like music! Eminem is cool-he is just so like uhm like honest!"

:barf:

no one really gets me in my real life :|

it's also really funny how online you can chat with people 10 years older/younger than you like you would with someone the same age as you in real life

the only thing is when you start making jokes like the jokes you make here and your friends who don't have taste in music look at you wierd...just simple things like i built a model of the popmart stag4e out of legos over spring break. i told a freind about that and she answered "what's a popmart"...

you asked for it.....;)

336%3B897923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2328%3D7%3A%3A%3D66%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E2323383%3C%3A%3B2%3A5ot1lsi

:lmao:

I at least have one friend who tries! I don't see him too much because he goes to a different college, but every time I do he's like, "Have you been to any U2 concerts lately?" :lol: I wish I could say "yes" after every time he asks!

:mad: I have one friend who, no matter what I'm listening to (it could be The Beatles, REM, The Corrs, Bon Jovi, The Cranberries, Tom Petty, or ANYTHING) asks, "Is this U2?" :lmao:

IWasBored said:
vin diesel is ugly. josh hartnet is too.

what scares me more: people (like my sister) who think nelly is hot :barf:

yo yo look at me yo i got a band aid on my cheek right heeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee

LOL, oh, I'm sorry.

My sister, at one time, liked Justin Timberlake-she just thought he was the hottest thing out there. She still says that he looked cute when he had his curly afro thing going, and I keep telling her, "Ashley, he never was cute, he isn't cute, and he's never gonna be cute."

I don't understand the attraction to Vin Diesel or Josh Hartnett, either. Blech.

Originally posted by IWasBored
and then my sister says she can see how some people think larry's hot, but bono looks gay (like there's something wrong with being gay...and that you can tell from someone's appearance :mad: ), adam c looks old (from JT and onward), and edge looks like bob dylan...

:eyebrow:...okay...

Okay, now see, my sister does happen to think Larry's cute, too. I dunno, her taste in men is...different (her guys she's into right now-Jon Bon Jovi, John Mayer (she's just now getting into him), Lance from *N Sync, um, I think she has a thing for Shane West...).

Originally posted by IWasBored
you know how many "at least my favourite band..." things i can say as a comeback??? at least...can write songs...don't advertise their clothing line in EVERY photo...oh the list goes on forever...

Haha, exactly.

Originally posted by wertsie
:mad: I have one friend who, no matter what I'm listening to (it could be The Beatles, REM, The Corrs, Bon Jovi, The Cranberries, Tom Petty, or ANYTHING) asks, "Is this U2?" :lmao:

So, even if you're listening to a group where girls are singing, like the Corrs or the Cranberries, he asks that?

LOL!

Another question...how do people keep confusing Tom Petty and U2?

Does their music sounds more similar than I thought...:huh:?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
So, even if you're listening to a group where girls are singing, like the Corrs or the Cranberries, he asks that?

LOL!

Another question...how do people keep confusing Tom Petty and U2?

Does their music sounds more similar than I thought...:huh:?

Angela

Yes! It doesn't matter who's singing...animal, vegetable, or mineral! Always the same question. :lmao:

I like both Tom Petty and U2, and I don't think their sound is similar at all. :shrug: Who knows?

wertsie said:

Yes! It doesn't matter who's singing...animal, vegetable, or mineral! Always the same question. :lmao:

It is true! :lmao: My mum thinks I just listen to U2. This afternoon I was listening to Garbage when she came in and told me "I thought U2 were four men" "yeah, they are four men" "so who is singing?" "mum, this is not U2" Mum's face ====> :ohmy:

:crack:

It is difficult to find someone my age who likes U2 also. Yesterday I found out that a friend's friend is a U2 fan! (well, more or less). Also one of my best friends is a U2 fan. She became fan because I was always making her listening and watching U2 so she ended up loving them :p

wertsie said:

Haha, hilarious.

Originally posted by wertsie
I like both Tom Petty and U2, and I don't think their sound is similar at all. :shrug: Who knows?

Really! I've listened to both bands long enough to tell the difference!

But apparently some people out there still get confused.

:shrug:. Go figure.

Angela

martha said:

This is what I want on a T-shirt! The Lego Popmart stage! What did it look like? Any pics?

unless my sister has followed up on the threats she made as i was leaving last week, it's still sitting in my room. and i have yet to take pictures. i'm waiting to borrow a digital camera, or at least find someone with a scanner. i will post the pictures when i can. it's really a funny looking thing...and my family thinks i'm nuts. everony i know thinks i'm nuts but then again i don't know any u2 fans...just the people i talk to here :sad:

the screen is about a foot and a half tall, so it's not really that big...but it's still hard to move it from the kitchen to my room (i worked on it at bizarre times like 3 am, and then had to put it in my room so the cat wouldn't attack it)

i can't wait to show everoyne here the pics cos i want some people who actually think it's cool!

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

Okay, now see, my sister does happen to think Larry's cute, too. I dunno, her taste in men is...different.

Hey, what's that supposed to mean? :eyebrow:

:laugh: J/K! :hug:

I want to see that model too IWB! :hyper:

Sweepie said:
I'm so glad to know some of you know how I feel! I wish we could all go to the same school, but at least we have this place! :)

Vin Diesel = :barf: :yuck: :no:

I just have to say that your sig ROCKS MY SOCKS.

I grew up with Beagles and that Beagle puppy.... heeeeeee!

By the way.... I am 29. I will hit my 30th in October. I can't freakin' wait. I'm tired of my 20s.

Uh forgot to sign my name. :der:

Moonie :D

Back
Top Bottom