How obsessive are the PLEBA gals???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the words of one of my dear friends (who is a MAJOR Larry fan), "It's not an obsession until there's a restraining order."

I don't think my humble U@ collection is strange, or the fact that I have decorated my office at work with U2 things. In my office, I have a Pop Mart snowlobe and Pop puzzle cube on my desk; a PopMart poster; An Elevation poster, An autographed photo of Bono (as the Fly); a black and white JT era photo; an original U2 Three album (yes, one of the originals, not a copy); a signed stelist form the March 24, 2001 show; a Elenation and Rattle and Hum flats; four postcards. All of that, plus, I am usually listening to U2 music and have U2 backgrounds and screensaves on my computer. That's not obsessed, is it?

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

Don't worry, he'll get used to it!

Originally posted by Ana:
I have a lot of photo frames with Bono's pic on them. This causes a lot of discussions with my lover, but what the heck...

JessicaAnn, LOL about your friend's comment. I am soon going to get my own office and as soon as I do, I am going to decorate a storm!

I just have 4 years as a U2 fan, but I have had all my wall with plenty of U2 pics, I buy almost everything that has a U2 pic.. I learned English just to know what the songs mean.. and still counting...
smile.gif

------------------
Winter Halcyon
U2 in ELEVATION

U2 pictures album
http://community.webshots.com/user/winter_halcyon

I am teased mercilessly by the guys in out IT department about my shrine ... I think he's jealous of my affection for Bono.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

JessicaAnn, LOL about your friend's comment. I am soon going to get my own office and as soon as I do, I am going to decorate a storm!

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

Hi girls~
Ok- it's been a while since I have had time to really hang out on PLEBA! I love these threads cuz I feel better that I am NOT alone in this crazy obsession!
So for me:
*Since 1987 I have been completely and insanely obsessed with Bono
wink.gif
and U2. *Literally I truely have thought about them on a daily basis, consistently for 14 years!
*I talk about them on a daily basis with friends and family. Back then they thought it was a "phase", boy, did I prove them wrong.lol
*I have 5 scrapbooks made over the years.
*I have over 18 hours of "U2 clips" from tv taken faithfully over the years, haven't missed hardly any U2 on tv.
*Wear one of my 8 U2 t-shirts regularly, even to work
*Spend hours upon hours on Interference, PLEBA, YouTwo.net, etc
*My cubicle at work has got 7 large Bono pics on one side of the cubicle. That's all the space my supervisor would allow me to have!
*I have a U2 library of books and magazines
*I have had 13 unbelievable U2 concert experiences and think about them constantly!
*Over the last year, especially, I blast U2 music ONLY and the neighbors are so annoyed
*I go to sleep leaving a U2 bootleg video on tv atleast 5 days a week consistently!
*U2 screensavers at home and at work my background is still the "EL EH VAY SHUN" one, that one of you crazy gals had created! Oh did that stir up some interesting conversations!
*Have a U2 wall in the spare bedroom
U2%20Room.jpg
My U2 wall is even better now, but I don't have a recent pic
*Created a Lego U2 concert, and won the LegoLand contest
LegoLand1.jpg

*Have a paper chain at work counting down the days til LA 1st night!
*Didn't sleep for 3 days after I got the kiss from Bono last April, and sadly thought about the 2 pics my Mom took that didn't come out, hmmmmm, I still can't sleep over that! damn
There's so much more, but I think ya'all get it. I'm sick and my family, friends and neighbors remind me of that always
They say I need counseling? ME?
Atleast you all understand
smile.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:
.....I think about Bono in velvet....

Ok I HADN'T thought of that before but now I am
biggrin.gif

I've just dyed my hair black. I was blonde.
What? It's for halloween. I'm gonna be the Fly to be different from all my friends who are being vampires or slayers. I wanted to be different and was going to be Macphisto but I couldn't find anything gold to wear. damn English shops. No gold stuff. Gonna keep looking though
smile.gif

I started following (stalking) a car that was playing Walk On once. It was a few months back and seen as it hadn't had radio play then and wasn't out on single I desided they must be U2 fans. The only thing I forgot was that cars can go faster than people
frown.gif

I also laugh whenever I see someone wearing sunglasses. We don't need them in England so it just makes me think of Bono. My friends don't speak to me now for fear I will say "that reminds me of something Bono/Larry/Edge/Adam said" or start singing a U2 song.

I know all of the "Fuck the Revolution" speech word perfect

I start yelling at the Tv when Match of the Day is on because one piece of music has nicked the bass from Streets grrrrrrr!!!!!!
Also Beautiful Day is the theme tune.

What else? My friends could probably tell you better than me cos I think this is all normal and who said FOAD isn't a word.

I don't scream when U2 come on tv I SQUEEK. I never squeek at other times but it sometimes goes supersonic. I think sometimes I could make a dolphin go deaf.

I was told I looked like Edge. After a bit of thinking I desided it couldn't be too bad a thing even though I'm female (not that I do look like Edge) cos Edge is cool.

Me and two other friends spent a night in a room next to the Temple Bar in Dublin at 3 am making up stories about the U2 members and us only we made everyone animals. Bono was a penguin, I was mrs penguin, Larry was a whale, my friend was mrs whale, Edge was a mole, and Adam was a badger. We got very carried away with this story and it lasted several hours. I think the people in the rooms next door must have thought we were smoking something. LOL
Oh what memories

Originally posted by WildHonee:
.....I think about Bono in velvet....
LOL!!
I think about Adam playing the bass in If You Wear That Velvet Dress....just for me!
....wearing a sarong....
wink.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

[This message has been edited by bluesky (edited 10-24-2001).]

hahahahahahaha! The Lego concert is hilarious! LOLOLOL

I envy your collection.

[This message has been edited by senrab (edited 10-24-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom