How many U2 pics on your hard drive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: How many U2 pics on your hard drive?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

*counts*

the U2 Pictures folder contains.....9395 files taking 1.06 GB of hard drive space. The actual pictures are all Bono and Bono + other people pics except for about 25. I save EVERY Bono pic. This folder also contains photoshopped images, U2 gifs, U2 wallpapers, and U2 art.

If I break it down .....

1970s - early 1980s = 277
1980s = 921
1990 - 1994 = 441
Zoo TV Tour = 234
1995 - 1997 = 554
PopMart Tour = 549
1998 - 2001 = 1543
Elevation Tour = 1951
2002 = 1221
2003 = 577

Other:
U2 animations/gifs = 141
Bono's Scrapbook (Rolling Stone) = 16
bootleg covert art = 94
photoshop edits = 114
icons = 99
unsorted DVD stills = 75
phuzzie's stuff = 17
U2 art = 3
My Photoshop art = 72
Back to Rockville art = 163
wallpapers/backgrounds = 291
U2 christmas = 33

I want to be like Melpop :crack:

Oh my :shocked: That's quite a haul. I am so lame, I don't even have them in categories! They're ALL in My Pictures! I don't even know how to make folders, I'm going to have to get some set up. They're so hard to look through. They are in alphabetical order though, like, bonoabpants, (gee that's being specific) and bonojtvest, but most aren't even era specific, like Bono110 or Bonoblackpants, etc. I MUST get organized if I'm going to have so many :der:

The lamest thing is, when I first started saving, I didn't even bother to rename and had things like 112quw37 or, even worse, the name was someone's snapfish addy :lol: and it was so long it took up like 4 lines! Then I figured out how to rename file :happy: Now I always give them a name when I save them unless it already has a name I can use that suits it. Flaming June, you sure have long names for your stuff;)

I want to be like Melpop too. All those pics of course, plus, she did roll with Bono :yes: :sexywink:

Re: Re: Re: How many U2 pics on your hard drive?

U2Kitten said:

Oh my :shocked: That's quite a haul. I am so lame, I don't even have them in categories! They're ALL in My Pictures! I don't even know how to make folders, I'm going to have to get some set up. They're so hard to look through. They are in alphabetical order though, like, bonoabpants, (gee that's being specific) and bonojtvest, but most aren't even era specific, like Bono110 or Bonoblackpants, etc. I MUST get organized if I'm going to have so many :der:

The lamest thing is, when I first started saving, I didn't even bother to rename and had things like 112quw37 or, even worse, the name was someone's snapfish addy :lol: and it was so long it took up like 4 lines! Then I figured out how to rename file :happy: Now I always give them a name when I save them unless it already has a name I can use that suits it. Flaming June, you sure have long names for your stuff;)

I want to be like Melpop too. All those pics of course, plus, she did roll with Bono :yes: :sexywink:

Kitten, I used to spend HOURS renaming pics, and then I realized that even though it seems logical, in the end you end up with way more repeats b/c if you don't change the file name and try and save a pic from the same source, it will promt that it already exists. My advice is to create folders with specific catagories or dates instead. It's easier to select and drag a large number of pics into a folder than it is to rename them all.

(and I'm also very lazy these days, renaming pics is no fun!)

As of the new year, I've resolved to from now on file pictures in specific folders by year and sub-folders by event/date. I found as long as I do it right away and not wait to sort them, it's possible to stay on top of things. So far for 2003 I've got 8 folders and all the pics are happily sorted.

To make a folder, go in the folder where the pics are, like My Pictures or My Docs or whatever yours is, right click>New>Folder, then you can type in a name, or go back and right click>rename the folder later on. You can put as many folders inside of folders as you want. If you have Windows XP, it's handy to go to View>Thumbnails.

For example, this is what the inside of my U2>Pictures folder looks like:
picsfolder.bmp

(ignore the lone BonoLV pic, its not filed b/c it's a 13.5 MB file)

and then inside the 2003 folder:
2003folder.bmp

Hope that helps! If that's unclear or you need more advice, let me know.

Re: Re: Re: How many U2 pics on your hard drive?

U2Kitten said:

I have separate folders for Larry pics (divided by era) and U2 pics (band and individual band members included) divided by era too BUT with my ever growing admiration for a certain singer :sexywink: I may just have to have a separate folder for Bono pics! :crazy:

Flaming June, you sure have long names for your stuff;)

:eeklaugh: Yeah, I try to be as descriptive as I can, especially with the ones I scan... I have the source and a description. But I have so many pics I have run out of descriptions!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: How many U2 pics on your hard drive?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

For example, this is what the inside of my U2>Pictures folder looks like:
picsfolder.bmp

(ignore the lone BonoLV pic, its not filed b/c it's a 13.5 MB file)

and then inside the 2003 folder:
2003folder.bmp

Hope that helps! If that's unclear or you need more advice, let me know.

Very cool Lies! I don't think I could ever get my pics that organized. :huh:

I have 430, less than I thought. I recently separated them into folders because my My Pictures folder was a MESS.
I like to have the My Pictures Screensaver going, so I usually save fairly tame pics from around here so no random family members who wander into my room are scandalized.

i definetly don't have +100 picturees saved. wow. i'm impressed with everyone's insane picture collections.

Schmeg said:

I like to have the My Pictures Screensaver going, so I usually save fairly tame pics from around here so no random family members who wander into my room are scandalized.

Hehe, and I choose the MOST scandalous! Actually, I changed my screen saver to Bono art for now because I was getting wierd looks from people wandering in and out of our room. Especially for that MacPhisto chest hair pic :macdevil:

Thanks, I'll try to get organized like that! :wave:

Flaming June- can you make folders in boomspeed? My list is so long now I can't find anything, and since they don't give you thumbnails it's really hard to look for stuff.

Kitten, have you tried snapfish? They give you folders and thumbnails, the only catch is the big pics get resized.

74 here...but I got this computer only about a month ago, because my last computer committed suicide even though I was good to it and gave it some nice U2 wallpaper and matching color schemes and sounds and icons and...and...well, needless to say, I have been much better to my new computer. I think saving whatever U2 pics I like that I happen to come across keeps it happy and in good working order. :D

Yes, I need help.

This is my first post here, so hello PLEBAns! :wave: Just thought I'd throw that in there so you can point at the newbie and laugh if she does something dumb.

Sigh...at least I figured out how to edit my posts.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Thanks, I'll try to get organized like that! :wave:

Flaming June- can you make folders in boomspeed? My list is so long now I can't find anything, and since they don't give you thumbnails it's really hard to look for stuff.

Well, you can upload an index page and assign descriptions to your pics... but even then it's a bit hard to tell what's what. Olive explained to me how to make the index page using html code. I'll post her explanation here later. :)

Thanks Flaming June, I don't know HTML but her instructions should work! :)

LivLuv: Snapfish was my first service. I stopped using it when I found webshots (which as you know ended in disaster) I had some pics on snapfish, but talk about slow! On my computer on a bad day, no shit, it would take 10 minutes PER PIC to bring up the album, click to enlarge, wait for it, click properties, wait for the box, highlight and copy :yawn: It was terrible. I think it's because of all those flashy ads they have. Anyway the last time I checked in, all my pics were gone. :huh: I might try it again. I'm very happy with boomspeed, even though I have to pay, the only thing is that I can't see what's what and if I have to click that's slow too. If I can remember, I don't even have to click properties and copy, most of the time I just remember the file name and type it in like this: http://www.boomspeed.com/username/filename.suffix
the problem is no way can I remember what HUNDREDS are and things get lost and it's annoying. Thanks for your advice, I'm going to make those folders! :yes:

Tonight I found a new service, called 'clubphoto.' It says you have to pay to get your pics to link, and I only got the free account so I'll test it now:

17044048-3897-01BC0146-.jpg

Blarg. Guess that answers my question :grumpy: :madspit:

Any chance of getting a middle finger smiley?;)

Verte, I don't have a scanner either! I got all my pics from PLEBA too! I *rightclicksaved* them on my hard drive. Since then I've had fun and problems finding a place to upload and store them so they can have an address that will post. Maybe you should start saving! :yes:

in 7 folders I have 553 U2 pictures. And that is when I use LOTS of restraint to only save my FAVORITE pictures. And my computer is about to have smoke coming out of it as is. I am crazy about other things too..I save too many pictures I have 1322 pictures saved in my name-and I share my computer withmy sister and dad. I would have like 20,000 if it wouldnt make my computer explode.

My folders are: (In ABC order)
Adam
Bono
Edge
Group
Larry
Other

Other is things like U2 related things with out them actually in it. The Bono category has the most..by 140! lol Bono can be such a spotlight hog! Buy we love it!

Last edited:
I have 2,000 Larry pictures alone. That's not including about 500+ band pictures, and average of 200 pictures for the other three members, and another 1,000 pictures for other things I save, like other bands (Garbage, Foo Fighters, etc.), and artworks that I make on Photoshop.

How many pics will you admit to having on your hard drive(s)?

How do you save pics? Every U2 pic you see? Only the ones you like? Only certain guys? During the tour, did you save every concert shot?

Oh, boy. Uhh...

1. Too many.

2. In their separate folders.

3. I save every *Larry* picture I see, even if it's not a good one. As far as the other members, I don't save the picture unless I like it.

4. And during the Elevation tour, I did save far too many pictures; it got bad because every other Bono and Edge picture I saved looked a lot like the last one... I ended up ditching a lot of those, although I kept most of the Larry or Adam ones from the tour because they were far more rare.

Watch out for snapfish. If you go a whole year and don't buy any pics from them, they will delete your account! Please keep the pics on your hard drive if you can just in case something happens to them on your hosting service. I have lost lots of pics on hosting services, worst of all my 1,100 pic webshots page:(

Back
Top Bottom