How does Bono Smell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CMM said:
Dior's Dune
Bvlgari's Blv
Dolce & Gabbana's signature fragrance

If you want to go on the cheap, Yankee Candle has something an experienced Bono stalker recommends. Midsummer's Night. Black candle. Absolutely heavenly.

Okay, first of all. I have made an ASS of myself looking for this Dune by Dior and I can tell you right now that they only make it for women. Unless he wears that perfume or I've been to 9,000 of the wrong types of beauty and department stores, it exists not. BLV smells AMAZING. But is it the blue bottle or the black one?

And OMG, Yankee Candle. I have Midsummer's Night. :drool: :drool:

*clears throat and leaves thread* :shifty:

Last edited:
Oh! You are lucky faithingrace!

You don't know what I had to do to know what kind of cologne Bono wears...

I had to ask to someone, and that someone had been ofended!:huh:

Last edited:
He smells delicious! I just took HUGE whiffs of him when he had his arm around me. Hubby told me that I smelled like Bono until the following day LOL Everytime i'd breathe in through my nose that's what I would smell. Whatever it is...it's :drool:

LUCKY SOD!!! NOT FAIR NOT EVEN SEEN U2 IN CONSERT YET!!:|

HOPEFULLY I WILL MEET HIM SOON!!! SOB SOB!

IF I WAS YOU I WOULDN'T HAVE LET GO OF HIM! LOL!

Mullen-Girl said:
He smells delicious! I just took HUGE whiffs of him when he had his arm around me. Hubby told me that I smelled like Bono until the following day LOL Everytime i'd breathe in through my nose that's what I would smell. Whatever it is...it's :drool:

If that happened to me, I would never take a shower again. :D

Do you wanna rub it in further? LOL! LUCKY YOU!
ps. i like your moving Laryy and Adam picture, funny!

Thanks for the info, CMM. :wink:

I'm off to find those Yankee Candles right NOW! :laugh:

Anyway, Bono does smell good - but does that really surprise anyone here?

It's like ALL THE GOODNESS INSIDE HIM just has to find whatever way it can to come out. :angel: :hug:

Thanks for this thread - it's a very nice one.

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

I remembered when I worked in Manhattan...........I went to the mall near Sea Port and I asked them if they had Dune by Dior and the guy was like yes. He made me sample both .....and as I was sampling I imagined Bono wearing it. It smells really good. I bought J'adore by Christian Dior that same day.

The Question we should be asking is..................... How does Adam Clayton smell????????? What kind of cologne does he use?????????

All I can think of right now is that quote in U2 At the End of the World where Bill Flanigan is describing Bono's first official meeting with Clinton. It's after a long night of partying and Bonon scrambles to meet BC. Flanigan describes Bono's smell in the following, very funny, way, 'And like Lazarus, he stinketh.'

Cracks me up every time!

Keocmb said:

Okay, first of all. I have made an ASS of myself looking for this Dune by Dior and I can tell you right now that they only make it for women. Unless he wears that perfume or I've been to 9,000 of the wrong types of beauty and department stores, it exists not. BLV smells AMAZING. But is it the blue bottle or the black one?

And OMG, Yankee Candle. I have Midsummer's Night. :drool: :drool:

*clears throat and leaves thread* :shifty:

Um, of course they're not making it for men right now.
Because I only nearly bought a bottle a recently at the mall and said, "No, I should buy it at a store where I know they have it cheaper and without sales tax."
And as far as I know, Blv only comes in a blv bottle. ;-)

Yeah, I need to go buy Dune now, so I can annoy our ultra-conservative company with not just my French soap, but Dior as well.
Heeeeeeee.

Oh, PS about the candle...

they have car fresheners of the same scent. :shifty:

Last edited:
I went ot the mothership today (that would be Sephora) in serch of Dune for men - it smells very nummy. Left the store with Dune for women, a blush with the named "deep throat" and an eyeshadow called "shameless hussy" - where was my mind.....

I started this thread because I feel like I am in a rut perfume-wise and I am in search of a new perfume, and since I thought I needed a change, so does my hubby. If I am going to buy him something new, why not have him smell like Bono?! So should I buy Dune for men or BLV (I'm not even sure what that is)? Maybe I should go to Macy's and do a smell test. Any suggestions for women's perfume?

faithingrace said:
Any suggestions for women's perfume?

I classify myself as a "scent wh*re" because I love to smell good. Most women won't leave the house without their makeup, I won't leave the house unless I smell good.

Do you prefer floral, spicy, fruity? I have so many scents because what I wear depends on 1) time of year 2) time of day 3) the color I'm wearing and 4) the mood I'm in.

For spring & summer I recommend: Clinique Happy (citrus based), Angel (it's the only perfume that has chocolate in it), Escada Collection (it has a vanilla base to it, but Escada rotates their perfumes and this one is on it's way out).

For fall & winter: Dune (wore this before I found out Bono wore the men's version), Safari (another spicy scent).

Scents that I consider seasonless: Organza by Givency, Black by Kenneth Cole, and Michael by Michael Kors.

I really like Escada scents, they have quite a variety, but if you find one that you really like, stock up because like I said, they rotate their perfumes out.

Lady Val said:

I classify myself as a "scent wh*re" because I love to smell good. Most women won't leave the house without their makeup, I won't leave the house unless I smell good.

Do you prefer floral, spicy, fruity? I have so many scents because what I wear depends on 1) time of year 2) time of day 3) the color I'm wearing and 4) the mood I'm in.

For spring & summer I recommend: Clinique Happy (citrus based), Angel (it's the only perfume that has chocolate in it), Escada Collection (it has a vanilla base to it, but Escada rotates their perfumes and this one is on it's way out).

For fall & winter: Dune (wore this before I found out Bono wore the men's version), Safari (another spicy scent).

Scents that I consider seasonless: Organza by Givency, Black by Kenneth Cole, and Michael by Michael Kors.

I really like Escada scents, they have quite a variety, but if you find one that you really like, stock up because like I said, they rotate their perfumes out.

Thanks for the info, I am taking your list to the mall next time. My main concern is that I don't want to smell like an old woman. If that makes sense! But I don't like flowery either, gives me a headache.

faithingrace said:

Thanks for the info, I am taking your list to the mall next time. My main concern is that I don't want to smell like an old woman. If that makes sense! But I don't like flowery either, gives me a headache.

You're welcome!! In my opinion none of my recommendations smell like an old woman. I remember White Shoulders, Wind Song, the "classic" Estee Lauder perfums, etc. as being old woman scents.

I don't like flowery scents either. So maybe you'll find something amongst my suggestions.

Let us know what you end up with!! :)

yankee candle

okay, so i admit i was intrigued by this thread. enough that tonight i just went out and bought a midsummer's night Yankee Candle. so tell me, does this actually smell like bono? why was this brought up in the thread? does someone just think it reminds them of what bono smells like? i mean, it smells kinda..... perfume-y. so if my room is going to smell like this, it better be for a good reason!

:D i went to the malle today and got little smelly sample papers with bono scents on them . i took them in the car and stuck them in the steering wheel cover so they were right in front of me and blasted up the air. mmmmm, bono in my face. it was divine. i met my boyfriend right after and i was like ahhh, bono smells great...
he laughed at me and asked if i had been sniffing bono drugs again. lol. hes a good sport.
by the way, the perfume i wear is OP blend. it smells soooo good i like to spray it on everything and smell it. anybody know which one im talking about??

nurse chrissi said:
I went ot the mothership today (that would be Sephora) in serch of Dune for men - it smells very nummy. Left the store with Dune for women, a blush with the named "deep throat" and an eyeshadow called "shameless hussy" - where was my mind.....

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom