How do you think Bono proposed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:
Speculation leads to rumors....rumors that are then posted on various websites and over the years they become "fact" to some people, not fiction. You might think speculation is harmless but someone else might not read the whole thread and take your speculating for the truth.

Exactly. You'd probably not believe some of the stuff I've read on other sites that's suppose to be "true" and I read it and think "ha! I can think of the PLEBA thread where that came from." :lol:

I guess I just don't see the point to this thread now that the question has been addressed and answered (xtal's post is the closest we've got to an answer). I think the original question was fair enough, but it's been answered: there are no known sources that say how Bono proposed. I realize no one means any harm. However, why keep posting about things that go against the wishes of the people you're posting about? Honestly this thread wouldn't have been such a big deal to me a year ago, but now owning alihewson.com and having certain sources politely remind me of what they consider acceptable and what they consider an invasion of their privacy, I'm seeing these things from a different point of view than I used to. Based on my more recent experience, personally I feel that this is a good example of threads here recently that are going over the top and making me very uncomfortable, being in the position that I'm in. I'm not going to elaborate further than this b/c I don't feel I should have to.

My opinion, Liv Luv. I am entitled to express it.

None of us know about how "they" feel about things either so none of us should judge others.

"They" really like it when we co-exist with each other which many here in this thread and others are refusing to do.

Live and let live.

"They" would like that. :up:

Jamila, like I said, opinions or not, I have more information on their privacy issues than the rest of us here. If you don't want to take my advice, fine, but don't presume to know that "they" are always on your side.

:sad: Please do not get upset with me Jamila and Liv Luv. I think both of you ladies are very smart and kind. It is really bumming me out to see you two argue and disagree.:(

*runs away*:reject:

Carmelu2fan said:
:sad: Please do not get upset with me Jamila and Liv Luv. I think both of you ladies are very smart and kind. It is really bumming me out to see you two argue and disagree.:(

*runs away*:reject:

It's nothing personal :shrug: Well, I guess it IS something personal for two people who don't have a voice here, but hey if people don't want to trust what I have to say, so be it.

LivLuv: I know you have an alihewson website... How do you know what is acceptable and not acceptable? Is someone from the U2 camp contacting you and letting you know what is okay to post and what isn't okay to post on your website? :ohmy:

I'm not being cocky or anything, I'm just curious. :)

I wonder if they have people to monitor that stuff on the web too...Maybe Liv you should send your resume and apply for that job! That'd be neato!

BTW: the reminder that my reply to the nature of this thread was, "Ah shit I don't know..." So...I've been a fan of U2 for a long long time, read all the articles, watched all the television appearances, read all the books, etc, I might have heard bits n pieces but am not entirely sure...about anything...actually. :wink:

xtal, I'd rather not discuss it here, if that's OK. I don't think the info you shared was wrong since you read/heard it somewhere, but the way people make up stories and joke about it isn't cool and it's more of the icing on the cake, if you know what I mean. The main privacy concerns I've had to deal with on my site are certain pictures (that are still routinely posted here) so it gets frusterating when everyone assumes it's always fun and games when in reality, it's someone else's private life you're kidding around about.

By the way, I have bad news for you, Hawaii is not happening :( :hug:

Well it doesn't matter anymore about what the thread was about because we've taken it so off topic anyway.

You know what I will never know what "they" think about certain issues but being famous has it's downfalls too. When you are as famous as they are, people are bound to make up stories. It happens true or not true. Have you read a certain magazine called the Enquirer. It is mostly bullshit but people buy it anyway.

Your opinion is I stepped over the line and mine is I didn't. If you are so offended then don't come into the thread or report me to the mods.

I am glad they never spilled their guts to the media about their personal lives. It makes them a much classier group of people as far as I'm concerned.

u2granny said:
I am glad they never spilled their guts to the media about their personal lives. It makes them a much classier group of people as far as I'm concerned.

:up: And lovely avatar you got there!

Liv: I understand. I was just thinking that IF I were to run a website and there were certain pics that someone in the U2 camp were to ask me to take down, I would definitely forward that information, per that member. Like I said, the rules are skewed when new people arrive to this site... I think the mods should be notified when you think it is inappropriate to post such invading pictures and/or thread topic.

I really wasn't making a joke or making up any stories, I dislike it when that happens because the fine line between make-believe and truth are often skewed, especially on the internet.

The "bad news" about Hawaii isn't bad news for me. It's bad news for the band, and I'm very painstakingly worried about the situation and I am praying for the best.
I will always be a true and loyal U2 fan, no matter what. I don't have to dance with Bono, I don't have to have the best ticket they "promised" me, etc, etc. I just want them to be ok.
*I don't like the jumping to conclusions and saying that it's about a certain band member's offspring either, so please people, refrain from doing so.*

xtal said:

The "bad news" about Hawaii isn't bad news for me. It's bad news for the band, and I'm very painstakingly worried about the situation and I am praying for the best.
I will always be a true and loyal U2 fan, no matter what. I don't have to dance with Bono, I don't have to have the best ticket they "promised" me, etc, etc. I just want them to be ok.
*I don't like the jumping to conclusions and saying that it's about a certain band member's offspring either, so please people, refrain from doing so.*

Well said although it needed to be said in the postponed forum.

kellyahern said:
It seems like it belongs more in fan fiction, because there's no way any of us would know the answer unless it was mentioned in an interview, and it hasn't been :shrug:.

I agree with this. There are many (tiresome to me) threads that are posted in PLEBA that are of this nature: "What if?" or "What would you do?" or "Or how do you imagine something would or did happen?"

The key word here is "imagine". Put it in Fan Fiction and let people have fun with it there, where it rightly belongs. Let it be labelled "fiction". And threads like this, if not posted in the correct place initially, should be moved there by the mods.

xtal said:
Liv: I understand. I was just thinking that IF I were to run a website and there were certain pics that someone in the U2 camp were to ask me to take down, I would definitely forward that information, per that member. Like I said, the rules are skewed when new people arrive to this site... I think the mods should be notified when you think it is inappropriate to post such invading pictures and/or thread topic.

Basically, the requests haven't been much more than what common sense would say is inappropriate. Up until recently, the mods have pretty much been spot on based on Interference's own FAQ rules. However recently there was a photo posted in another thread here, a photo specifically requested NOT be posted all over the Internet. I said so in the thread, but the post was not edited and the comment was ignored so there's not much more I can do.

I love PLEBA and everyone here. I love picture threads and Bono/Ali admiration just as much as the next lady, but I don't want to have to be the snarky bitch constantly nagging about what should or shouldn't be posted. I want it to be a fun and relaxed place, but like Miroslava said elsewhere, posting comments that you'd be ashamed to say to Bono's face might be going over the top. I'm not so much talking about this thread, but in general.

And I agree with biff that threads of this nature belong in the Fac Fic forum because that's what it's their for. It's very confusing trying to sift through all the hypotheticals and speculation to find the actual news or information being posted (being xtal's post and the bit from the Flannagan book).

Well this thread doesn't fit anymore in Fan Fiction because the topic hasn't been discussed for 4 pages.

Shoot me for upsetting you. I respect Bono and Ali just as much as you do but there will always be a part of me the curious about how the other half lives.

youtwohearts said:
Well this thread doesn't fit anymore in Fan Fiction because the topic hasn't been discussed for 4 pages.

Shoot me for upsetting you. I respect Bono and Ali just as much as you do but there will always be a part of me the curious about how the other half lives.

:up:

People just tend to blow things a bit out of proportion around here, as usual.

verte76 said:
I'm sorry to hear this news and hope everything turns out OK.

The voice of reason - thanks, verte. :wink:

The band will ultimately be alright.

God has seen them through many difficult moments in their lives and God is with the members of U2 and their families right now.

:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom