How do you make a collage of pics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Could somebody please tell me how to do this? I can make little sigs and avatars, but I can't figure out how to join several little pics together for one collage of pics like I've seen some of you have. I went to adobe and tried 'composites' but they all ended up on top of each other, and when I tried to pull them out side by side, they disappeared! What am I doing wrong? :scratch: Can anybody help? :help: Please, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, and I'm sure other girls would like to know too!

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 to do that. This is so weird because I was just having a conversation with my roommate about making collages!

My paint shop is only 5.1 and I can't find a feature to do it :huh:

800 X 600? I have no idea how to do that :scream:

I want to make a collage of Bono pics but I can't join them. IluvLarryMullen has one, how did you make it?

Thanks to anyone who tried to help or anyone who still can!

avboy.jpg
avhandface.jpg
0avablook.jpg
avsmileup.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I can just post them together like that if it would work:huh:

U2Kitten said:
My paint shop is only 5.1 and I can't find a feature to do it :huh:

800 X 600? I have no idea how to do that :scream:

You have Paint Shop Pro 5.1?

I have PSP 7, and here's the steps mine uses to accomplish the task:

In your top menu bar, click File...then New

Then a window pops up that's labeled "New Image"

From there I can select image dimensions... this is where you can make your image "800x600"

Make sure the height and width is set in pixels, not inches, and then you can see that the numbers change and you can enter in 800 and 600

Click ok and then you'll have a white box

From there, while still in PSP, open up a pic you want to use

Then from the top menu bar, click edit...copy

Then click in the white box and click edit, paste...as a new layer

If you paste it in as a new layer, you can move them around as you paste new ones in

Repeat until you have all the pics you want in that white box

Then save your newly created collage... you'll probably be able to save it as a PSP file, meaning you can always go back and edit it again (to change pics, etc.) or save it as a jpeg for posting in PLEBA

I usually use Adobe Photoshop, but I also own PSP...I just don't use it as often as Photoshop. So I hope these instructions made sense...if not, maybe someone who uses PSP on a regular basis can better explain :shrug:

erised said:

You have Paint Shop Pro 5.1?

I have PSP 7, and here's the steps mine uses to accomplish the task:

In your top menu bar, click File...then New

Then a window pops up that's labeled "New Image"

From there I can select image dimensions... this is where you can make your image "800x600"

Make sure the height and width is set in pixels, not inches, and then you can see that the numbers change and you can enter in 800 and 600

Click ok and then you'll have a white box

From there, while still in PSP, open up a pic you want to use

Then from the top menu bar, click edit...copy

Then click in the white box and click edit, paste...as a new layer

If you paste it in as a new layer, you can move them around as you paste new ones in

Repeat until you have all the pics you want in that white box

Then save your newly created collage... you'll probably be able to save it as a PSP file, meaning you can always go back and edit it again (to change pics, etc.) or save it as a jpeg for posting in PLEBA

I usually use Adobe Photoshop, but I also own PSP...I just don't use it as often as Photoshop. So I hope these instructions made sense...if not, maybe someone who uses PSP on a regular basis can better explain :shrug:

:up: That sounds about right to me!

Do you want to make a collage as a wallpaper or a collage for your signature? That 800x600 number is for a wallpaper, if you want a sig you might want to try 65x200

Back
Top Bottom