how do i get u2 sims?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where do you get the decor and furniture? From the expansion packs, or can you download them? Because most of the things on the original game are kind of lame :tsk:

HELP!!

I'm having a bit (a lot) of trouble getting the U2 Sims to work in my game. Maybe some of you who have more experience with this can help me.

I installed my game last night and extracted the U2 skins that Rainbow so kindly sent me into the Gamedata/Skins folder. But when I went to add a new family...no U2.

I think the problem may have something to do with the fact that I didn't have enough room on my C drive to install the game where it wanted me to, under C:/ProgramFiles/Maxis/Sims. I only had room on my E drive, so all the files are there, but the Maxis and Sims folder are still on the C drive under Program files. I don't know if this would prevent the U2 sims from showing up (the rest of the game seems to work fine) but it's the only thing I can think of that might make this not work. Of course, I could be doing something really silly wrong and not know it, since last time I played with a Sims product was when the first version of SimCity came out.

Can anyone help me with this? If you think you can, post here or PM me. Thanks! :)

alright, so i have the U2 sims, but is there anyways i can get my girl to be able to go over to their house, right now only they can come to her house. if anyone can give me some advice that would be great. thanks.

cali*gal said:
alright, so i have the U2 sims, but is there anyways i can get my girl to be able to go over to their house, right now only they can come to her house. if anyone can give me some advice that would be great. thanks.

Play the game from their house and have one of them call you and invite you over! :)

Hallelujah.. you went to 'create a new family' and did not see their heads and bodies there?

Sicy said:
That's really odd.. I wish I could help. :slant:

Maybe extract them again?

lol. I wish you could help, too. ;)

I actually did try to extract them again last night, but didn't seem to change anything. Poo. :grumpy:

Maybe I should try downloading them again. Bah. I don't know.

Hallelujah, if the game works from drive E, I think you should extract the files to GamaData\Skins that is in E, instead of C. Hope it works! :)

Rainbow said:
Hallelujah, if the game works from drive E, I think you should extract the files to GamaData\Skins that is in E, instead of C. Hope it works! :)

Thank you, but that's what I did in the first place. I really am befuddled as to why this won't work.

*kicks U2 Sims*

Bono: OUCH!

Me: Shut up. You're not even in the game yet.

There will be rejoicing throughout the land if and when I get this to work.

Ok... so can you explain again what you have in drive C and what in drive E? Cause as far as I know, the whole game should be in the same folder...

Rainbow said:
Ok... so can you explain again what you have in drive C and what in drive E? Cause as far as I know, the whole game should be in the same folder...

Ok. I unistalled and then reinstalled the game. Now all the files are on the E drive and there is nothing on the C drive. I think there was stuff on the C drive before because I originally tried to install it there. So now the whole game is in one place, but there is no Sims folder and no Maxis folder. Is this normal?

And the U2 Sims STILL WON'T WORK.

Is there somewhere I can download them from? I don't know why that would help, but, then, I have no idea why this isn't working in the first place.

:huh: Gah. This is so frustrating. Thanks for trying to help. :)

Ok. I tried to download the U2 sims and this is the message that popped up:

Note: the family you are about to download includes objects from the following expansion pack(s):

Livin' Large
House Party
Hot Date
Vacation

You must have at least one of these expansion packs installed to load this family. In order to view the objects placed with the above expansion pack(s), you must have the corresponding expansion pack installed. If you do not have any expansion packs installed, the family will not load properly and may crash your game.

I don't have any of these expansion packs. Could this be why the U2 sims won't work? I really hope not cause I can't plunk down another $30 for an expansion pack just to get the U2 Sims...

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I don't have any of these expansion packs. Could this be why the U2 sims won't work? I really hope not cause I can't plunk down another $30 for an expansion pack just to get the U2 Sims...

Well, when I first downloaded the guys, I got that message too, but I downloaded them anyway. They worked for me, for the most part. The only thing was, I couldn't call their house for some reason.

What you can do though is just use the skins once you download them and make a "new" U2 and it should hopefully work better. :happy:

wertsie said:

Well, when I first downloaded the guys, I got that message too, but I downloaded them anyway. They worked for me, for the most part. The only thing was, I couldn't call their house for some reason.

What you can do though is just use the skins once you download them and make a "new" U2 and it should hopefully work better. :happy:

Well, it's good to know that's not the reason. But for some reason the site won't let me download them. It says I'm not connected to the internet. Really? Then my computer must be magical because I can somehow access the internet despite this. Blargh.

*wonders why she is Sims cursed*

Well, it's good to know that's not the reason. But for some reason the site won't let me download them. It says I'm not connected to the internet. Really? Then my computer must be magical because I can somehow access the internet despite this. Blargh.

*wonders why she is Sims cursed*

:huh: That's weird! I don't remember ever getting a message like that.

You might want to try their Tech chat. They were really helpful to me when I was having problems with my game.

Ok. I tried to download the U2 sims and this is the message that popped up:

Note: the family you are about to download includes objects from the following expansion pack(s):

Livin' Large
House Party
Hot Date
Vacation

You must have at least one of these expansion packs installed to load this family. In order to view the objects placed with the above expansion pack(s), you must have the corresponding expansion pack installed. If you do not have any expansion packs installed, the family will not load properly and may crash your game.

Uh.. :scratch: I didnt have any expansion packs at the time I installed the U2 sims.. but I didnt download them.. I just unzipped the file Rainbow sent me into the skins folder.

I'm sorry you're having such a problem with this! It shouldnt be this difficult... but maybe the fact that your files are split on two different drives could have something to do with it.

Sicy said:

Uh.. :scratch: I didnt have any expansion packs at the time I installed the U2 sims.. but I didnt download them.. I just unzipped the file Rainbow sent me into the skins folder.

I'm sorry you're having such a problem with this! It shouldnt be this difficult... but maybe the fact that your files are split on two different drives could have something to do with it.

the saga continues...

actually, the files aren't split on two drives anymore. I unistalled everything and reinstalled in on the e drive and everything is there. but it still won't work.

a friend of mine was able to download the whole family (including the house) and sent the files to me. I put them in the skins folder but it still won't work.

My friend told me that instead of "creating" a family, I should "import" a family. Apparently that's how she got U2 into her game. But I can't find that option in my game. Does anyone know where it might be???

*continues quest*

Hmmm...I think it's only with the expansion packs where you have the "import a family option." It would be on the "neighborhood view" screen.

When I downloaded them, the next time I opened my Sims game this little screen automatically came up asking me if I wanted to import the family.

wertsie said:
Hmmm...I think it's only with the expansion packs where you have the "import a family option." It would be on the "neighborhood view" screen.

When I downloaded them, the next time I opened my Sims game this little screen automatically came up asking me if I wanted to import the family.

really. great. fucking a this is starting to piss me off.

Thanks for trying to help, guys.

Back
Top Bottom