How Did You Get Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I realized the other day that my first anniversary at Interference is quickly approaching (3/10/05) and it got me thinking how in the world I ended up here. :lol: So I'll tell mine if you'll tell yours. :D

I was searching on Google for links related to Bono and/or U2 and looking for links that I hadn't tried before. One that caught my attention took me to a Glossary of Definitions for something called "PLEBA".... the thing was so damn funny (and scandalous!) that I actually tracked down its author. Someone with the screen name "Echo". I complimented her Glossary and obvious love of U2, and surprisingly, she replied. She was surprised to hear from me; apparently, she'd left Interference & PLEBA a long time before last March when I emailed her, because, as she put it, the place "had taken a turn" that she didn't care for. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I didn't care for the fanfic/slash sites that were reccommended to me :)ohmy: )by her, and thought that maybe I should check out Interference & PLEBA for myself. Maybe some of you who've been here a while could tell a few stories about Echo...? (By the way, last time I looked, you could still get to that Glossary by going to http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165)

Anyway I'm sooo glad I found Interference! :yes: :up: I haven't once regretted joining up & paying for a premium membership. Sure, there are some bugs in the system, but you get that anywhere & the people I've met here and the pictures I've found & the stories I've read and the laughs I've had are worth 5 times the measly $12 membership fee.

I don't post only in PLEBA (I sort of float in & out of most of the forums) but I certainly feel that I fit right in. Thank you all for your acceptance, encouragement, and friendship in this past year & in the years to come! 'Til I meet you all in person - Slainte'! :wink:

Last edited:
I had been lurking around interference for a couple of years. I decided to sign up. Short story. However, a lot of people are disappearing.:(

The glossary is funny! So it is pleba's glossary that someone created here on interference? I recognized a lot of names....

Well, I registered back in 2002, I must've been looking for something but I can't really remember why. And I don't know why I didn't really check out the message boards....I registered then sort of forgot about it, so didn't lurk or anything. I rediscovered interference about 2 months ago and somehow came across pleba which was at first confusing...I remember even starting a thread as to what is the purpose of pleba? But I was sucked in like everyone else I guess, esp. with all the excitement generated by the new cd and appearances.

It's fun around here, everyone is really friendly, and I even got some Xmas cards from plebans from all over!! Hope to meet some plebans someday! :)

Props to pleba....:heart:

I got to Interference when I was searching for U2 wallpapers then I noticed the forum link at the top. :wink:

Don't remember exactly how I got to the PLEBA forum but I know I didn't leave for awhile. :shifty:

I can't really remember either I think I was just looking through U2 sites on the search engine and came across it *l*

I actually heard about Interference from a guy that worked at a CD store in Nashville. I don't remember the name of the CD store, but I do remember the guys name was Larry. This guy loved U2, and when he heard me say that I was looking for a U2 CD, well you know how it is when you meet another U2 fan. We talked for about an hour and then he mentioned that he was a member of a forum called Interference. He told me that I needed to look into the site and see if I like it. Larry also told me that it is amazing to see how many people have an interest in U2 and their music. He said that the people here at Interference always have the latest news, pics, and general discussions about the band. One thing that Larry said that I find funny, is that he told me to BEWARE OF PLEBA, he said that those PLEBAns are crazy. Well, if you’re out there Larry....I am now one of those crazy PLEBAns, and it is great!

I just got here in November and I don't even remember how I did... probably just through google...

:shrug:

Only lurked for a week or so and decided to jump right in... it looked like way too much fun!

Am definitely glad to be here in such good company.... :wink:

Souly said:
Echo's stories... :drool::combust:

Now that is quality stuff :love:
I got the impression that HAWT wasn't even the word for them.... :ohmy: From what I saw, they were a little too, um... uh, "detailed" for my liking. :reject: Anyway, they're part of what brought me here, so they can't be all bad! :up: :wink:

I was lookin for pics of Edge,I think I was on yahoo search, and it said... I cant remember... somethin about U2 Feedback- Edge friday or somethin I dont know.... but I clicked it lol and there were so many edge pics! Oh man bout died. I didnt realize that it was a forum though... I never knew forums exsisted till interference. Anyway, it took me about to weeks to figure interference out, first I couldnt figure out how to get there (which is stupid cause I WAS there) and then i couldnt figure out how to register and then it took me like 2 days to figure out how to post and stuff man... crazy.

But yea I was lookin for edge pics and came accross an Edge Friday thread :D

BluRmGrl said:

I got the impression that HAWT wasn't even the word for them.... :ohmy: From what I saw, they were a little too, um... uh, "detailed" for my liking. :reject: Anyway, they're part of what brought me here, so they can't be all bad! :up: :wink:

:lol::hug:

I suppose you have to have a ...certain aquired taste for that sort of genre:hmm:

None the less, she's got a great site. You should check out the sound section :sexywink:

After youtwo.net closed, I was looking for another site to get my U2 news. I came across Interference, and at the time I think you had to join in order to read the news, so I joined. I had no intention of posting, but since I really liked the forum and all the threads going on, I joined in on them.
PLEBA was the first forum I went to because I heard so much about it from other websites, and how scandalous it was :sexywink: But I also began browsing the other forums, and I haven't left ever since!

I was doing a Google search for U2 lyrics and found Interference. I lurked on EYKIW for a while before someone there mentioned PLEBA. As in, "Isn't that a conversation more suitable for PLEBA?" So I decided to check it out.

The rest, as they say, is history. :)

This was one of the first sites I found when I started coming on the net back in 97, but I wasn't a regular lurker until a couple of years ago when I noticed they had a forum. I like this site because the news is in the forums so you can read peoples opinions to stories, which is nice since youtwo.net is gone.

Pearl said:
After youtwo.net closed, I was looking for another site to get my U2 news. I came across Interference, and at the time I think you had to join in order to read the news, so I joined.

I forgot about youtwo.net! That place was awesome!

I was on the old WIRE for a long time and then I lurked here off and on for years. I finally joined last fall. I'm a huge fan of Edge Fridays, by the way :drool:

I was bored one day...started following links from @U2...I kept stumbling across references to Pleba wondering what the hell that was, and then I found a quote on someone's page that Bono knew about Pleba! Well it must be interesting if Bono knows about it! How scary could it be, really? :laugh: I searched it and lurked all of Interference for a few months before signing up.

I was a regular on Zootopia..*the first version* and I kept hearing about PLEBA and the how scary the girls at PLEBA were???...there were even some threads linked on to Zootopia that would take you to Interference...I was curious about the scary girls of PLEBA and wanted to know a bit more about Interference..Well I always
had trouble accessing the site and it would always ask me to donate or pay to get into certian forums....I thought "WHAT EVER!!"....I remember signing up around 2001 under a few names:|
Then I could not access my name on here that I gave up....After Zootopia took a dump I didn't know where to go to get my Bono/U2 fix and talk to fellow fans..
I started basically getting all my news from @U2.com..everyday!!!
when I heard that Zootopia was back on I tried serching for lost friends and found some but the Zoo was not the same.:(
I got DESPARATE :crazy: and decided to give Interference another try...I signed up yet again and lurked..I visited PLEBA for a while and was not afraid...and finally decided to stay! :D
You guys rock, and I know how it is to loose friends you meet in such sites especially when you share a great love for the greatest band in the world:wink:

P.S
I still visit other U2 sites but I really like PLEBA, it is addicting!!:huh:

Last edited:
I kept stumbling across this place on my search for more U2 sites. I didn't know what to think of the giant martini glass that used to be on the main page that said "chat" and "forum" or something to that effect so I always closed it out. But then one day I was bored and decided to actually check out one of the active threads on the main page. It was probably about Edge. :sexywink:

I ended up lurking for about a year or so and then all of a sudden you had to register to read any of the threads. I kind of missed it after a few days of not being able to get in anything so I signed up but I didn't post. My actual posting anniversary is coming up soon. :D

Two years :heart: Wow.

arw9797 said:
I kept stumbling across this place on my search for more U2 sites. I didn't know what to think of the giant martini glass that used to be on the main page that said "chat" and "forum" or something to that effect so I always closed it out. But then one day I was bored and decided to actually check out one of the active threads on the main page.

Me too :lol:

I came across the main page several times before I finally realized there was a forum . . . with pictures! :up:

I don't remember how I got here but I do remember lurking for awhile and I just paid my membership just this past week! I do know a few names from here that are on Zootopia. It's corny to say but it feels very homey to be here. Now I can talk to people about my Bono fetishes! lol :drool:

Thanks so much guys! Keep the stories coming... I'm loving finding out how we all arrived here! :yes: :up:

I don't know how I came here. I think that I was searching for pics of Larry and Bono and that I came across Pleba.
I didn't post for a few months but since October I do and I can't have a day without checking Pleba.

(My parents were going crazy about this. :shifty: )

I just sort of arrived one night and i haven't been able to escape ever since!!
:( PLEBA has destroyed my life!!
I was once a shy, innocent , quiet little thing, now i'm mad, sick and perverted!! :| But you know wat ........ i think i like it!!!:wink: ( oh i luv this smiley, it rememinds me of.... HIM!!!:drool: )

*Runs off to shirtless Bono thread*

I was looking for Bono pix & found Interference. Then lurked around for a couple years. I saw that PLEBA was having too much fun & I wanted to join in & did so back in the summer. I found a group just like me-crazy over U2 & don't ever get tired of seeing them or hearing about them. Thank you! :bono: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom