how can i clean a picture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgie

The Fly
Hallo friends,
i have a couple of photos of bono with written "Rex features" as watermarks.
How can i remove this effect? I use macromedia fireworks...is there any way?

Please help

:tongue:

I'm not familiar with that specific program, but if it has a tool similar to the "clone" tool found on other programs, that's usually the easiest way to do it.

Sorry I can't be of much help! :shrug:

I find that the smudge tool is the best way to get rid of those damn watermarks...i dunno if fireworks has that though. I use PSP (evil prog...i want adobe back!:scream: )

If you have trouble, you can email me the pics and I'll have a go :)

my email is: vampirekt@stormloader.com :)

Queen Bee said:

I love PSP; especially the new version! :tongue:

But then again, I'm too poor to afford Photoshop...

The clone tool works fine for me. I've never tried the Smudge tool though.

I've not had psp long so I'm still getting to grips with it. The prog I had before wasn't even Photoshop, it was some simple Adobe thing called uhh PhotoDeluxe. But the thing is, as my brother has so kindly lost the disk for PhotoDeluxe I've been using PSP for umm 3ish weeks and I'm finding that whereas on PD I'd have to click one tool and use it to get the result I wanted, you have to click 10 bazillion buttons on psp to get it to do the simplest thing.
The reason I use the smudgey thing is cos that's what I used on PD :) I don't have a clue what the clone thing is or does on PSP :eeklaugh: I think I need to sit down and get aquinted better with PSP heheh :yes:

Umm *checks* I've got version 7, but so has one of my friends and she's been giving me a little tutorial thing on how to do some stuff :yes: so I'm not completely lost! :up: heehee!

I get so frustrated trying to remove watermarks. Several people have given me detailed directions but all I do is paint over them :scream: I can make avatars and stuff but I can't do it to save my sorry butt! :banghead:

The only thing I can suggest is, post the pics here and ask if someone can fix them for you. We have some girls here who are artists at removing watermarks. Maybe they can help you if they see it! ;)

I have Fireworks, but I uninstalled it from my computer cuz I found I was using PSP and/or Photoshop more. I think it came with a manual, so I can take a look and see what tools are in Fireworks, I'd be surprised if it didn't have something you could use to have a go at the watermarks.

OK, in Fireworks, the clone tool is actually called the Rubber Stamp tool:

Cloning pixels
The Rubber Stamp tool clones an area of a bitmap image so you can stamp it elsewhere in the image. Cloning pixels is useful when you want to fix a scratched photograph or remove dust from an image; you can copy a pixel area of a photo and replace the scratch or dust spot with the cloned area.

To clone portions of a bitmap image:
Choose the Rubber Stamp tool.
Click an area to designate it as the source, or the area you want to clone.
The sampling pointer becomes a cross-hair pointer.

Note: To designate a different area of pixels to clone, you can
Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Macintosh) another area of pixels to designate it as the source.

Move to a different part of the image and drag the pointer.
You will see two pointers. The first one, the source of the cloning, is the shape of a cross hair. See Editing preferences for more information.

Depending upon the brush preferences you?ve selected, the second pointer is a rubber stamp, a cross hair, or a blue circle. As you drag the second pointer, pixels beneath the first pointer are copied and applied to the area beneath the second.

To set Rubber Stamp tool options:
Choose the Rubber Stamp tool.
Choose from among the following options in the Property inspector: Size determines the size of the stamp.

Edge determines the softness of the stroke (100% is hard; 0% is soft).

Source Aligned affects the sampling operation. When Source Aligned is selected, the sampling pointer moves vertically and horizontally in alignment with the second. When Source Aligned is deselected, the sample area is fixed, regardless of where you move and click the second pointer.

Use Entire Document samples from all objects on all layers. When this option is deselected, the Rubber Stamp tool samples from the active object only.

Opacity determines how much of the background can be seen through the stroke.

Blend Mode affects how the cloned image affects the background.

To duplicate a pixel selection, do one of the following:
Drag the pixel selection with the Subselection tool.
Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Macintosh) the pixel selection using the Pointer tool.

Hope that helps. :)

ok, this is the picture to clean!
Ehy sicy, thanks! But i have more piccies (no u2 related) that i'd like to clean....so for me it's better to download a program.
Which one do you suggest??

adam.jpg

Wow this one was really hard.. lol. I hate faces!! :huh: Maybe someone else could do a better job!

adam2.jpg

As for programs, I really dont know, Ive been using Photoshop for a couple years now and dont know of many other programs!

Yeah its hard.. especially faces. I have no trouble at all with backgrounds.

What part of Italy are you from? :D I am Italian!

Sicy said:
Wow this one was really hard.. lol. I hate faces!! :huh: Maybe someone else could do a better job!

adam2.jpg

:shrug: looks ok to me sicy!!

Sicy said:
As for programs, I really dont know, Ive been using Photoshop for a couple years now and dont know of many other programs! [/B]

I use photoshop too. But I don't use any tools to take watermarks out - I just zoom right in, select the rquired colours from the nearest un-watermarked bit of photo and then paint in what should be there. If that makes sense......:| :huh:

Well thanks bammo :hug: You're the one that's good with the faces arent you? :mac:

That's what I do too. I use the stamp tool to copy an area near it then fill it in.

Every time I try to use the stamp tool, my computer or photoshop or something
angry-smiley-035.gif
only lets me save it as a strange file extension name - one that can't be used here on the forum. And I don't have webspace to upload to.........

oh I don't know. I have no idea what I'm trying to say.......:|

I've confused myself now :der:

Back
Top Bottom