HOT PRESS Awards WEBCAST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by hippyactress:

And *ahem* Is the mesh back for Lardence?

LOL twin!!! I was jest thinking the same thing!! Hard to tell in this pic, but a girl can dream, can't she?
wink.gif

Why thank u Hippy........
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hey guess what!!!!! U lot should see the front of the The Irish Star.......HUGE picci with Lardance on front beside Sparks and The....lookin like a hot squat!!!!

biggrin.gif

YUM-MY!!!!!!!!

AND Daily Mirror has huge one of Bono enterin shakin fans hands........fuk, this one is for my wall!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Hey guess what!!!!! U lot should see the front of the The Irish Star.......HUGE picci with Lardance on front beside Sparks and The....lookin like a hot squat!!!!

Maddie! Examine the photo and see if it looks like Larry's wearing mesh!

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

sorry girls, I rammed Larry under a huge microscope, its not what u tink it is......

Oh no, well at least part of his upper arms are showing, and there is a hint of man cleavage
biggrin.gif

*RWOAR*

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

AND Daily Mirror has huge one of Bono enterin shakin fans hands........fuk, this one is for my wall!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

heheh I'm glad you had a nice night with your mom.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

sorry girls, I rammed Larry under a huge microscope, its not what u tink it is......

but... I think I see his belly bootin!
*squint*
*continues on replying to every single thread*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Just found this story criticizing the judging because U2 didn't win for songwriting:

There's no doubt that last night's Hot Press Award bash was a great celebration of Irish music.

But the selection of some of the winners were nothing short of a disgrace -- notably the Corrs scooping the best pop act accolade. Fair enough, the Corrs have had success over the past five years -- but nothing to rival Westlife's.

In the past few months alone Westlife have notched up a No. 1 album, chart-topping singles and are in the middle of a sell-out 60-date arena tour.

In comparison the Corrs have had little impact in the charts and only made the occasional appearance -- low profile by any band's standards.

How can they justify Westlife winning a prestigious pop industry award and then not name them the best pop act? It's like Arsenal winning the Premiership title but Newcastle being named the best, most talented team.

A bigger joke was that Neil Hannon won the best songwriter award -- for what?

His band split up last year and his recent offerings have been so insignificant in mainstream music that I would struggle to name any of them.

I think people will be asking what songs he has written recently, never mind how he won a top award for them.

Bono's songwriting skills apparently don't live up to Neil's despite guiding U2 to global dominance and a record-breaking sell out tour with his latest songs.

Ash deserved to win two awards after a great year of touring and in the charts. At least the judges got something right.

? The Mirror, 2002.
------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-27-2002).]

so we went to nearby cinema to see 'Man and Boy' (which I highly recomment - esp as U2s Zoo Station is played in it at full volume

i went to see that too today and i luved it. when u2 came on i started singing entuaistically along. the ppl in frount of me were not happy.

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

u glorify the past while the future dries up.

Back
Top Bottom