Hot Press awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1hotpress.jpg

Is that a new hat?!?!?!?! ooooooooooooo!

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

Originally posted by Melpop:
Is Bono's hair long or short? Can't really tell by the pics... so if any one saw clearer pics, please tell

Looks short to me, unfortunately. I'd like to see a better pic too. Think how pretty a big pic of that face with no shades would be. I don't understand why we can't find more pics.

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Hey!!! U2 won best band, Bono won best male performer, and they won best live performance in Ireland by an Irish artist for Slane. But the potentially coolest part??? According to Hotpress.com,

Edge said there will be a SLANE DVD out by Christmas!!!!

How awesome would that be??????? GAH! I soooooo hope it wasn't joke or something. Edgie wouldn't be that cruel, would he?

Yes, yes. I NEED a new DVD! Please be true.

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:

Yes, yes. I NEED a new DVD! Please be true.

OMD, I actually dreamed about a Slane DVD, and now its coming TRUE!!!!!!!! ah, I loveth Slane so! Sometimes I hook up my discman, put on my headphones w/ the volume at max and pretend I'm first row in the heart. Whoever out there made that boot, YOU'RE MY HERO!!!
biggrin.gif

I think I'm naming my firstborn Slane.....

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

bono2.jpg

Bono takes time out to sign autographs for fans waiting outside Belfast's Great Victoria Street BBC studio

Beautiful Day as U2 steal the show

THE cream of Irish rock and pop may have glittered at last night's Hot Press awards but the night belonged to music giants U2.

Bono and the boys confirmed their reign at the top of the world's rock scene as they jetted into Belfast to take home three gongs from the prestigious event.

The Dubliners picked up Best Irish Band, Best Live Act for last summer's Slane gig and the Best Male Singer award for Bono.

Speaking of the Belfast bash, Bono said he had been away from the city for too long.

"We are honoured to win these awards here," he said.

"Driving past the Odyssey Arena today I was thinking, 'hey, we should be playing there'.

"Belfast is really happening at the minute. I'm looking around and the people are looking good, the place is looking good."

Downpatrick lads Ash kept the flag flying for Northern Ireland as they left with two awards - Best Album for Free All Angels and Best Single for Shining Light.

Divine Comedy frontman Neill Hannon also pulled further success for the province when he won Best Songwriter.

But the upset of the night was when teenage favourites Westlife picked up just one award.

The boy band, who recently played the Odyssey Arena as part of the record-breaking sell-out run in the city, won an award for their Outstanding Achievement in the Popular Music category.

They lost out to Dundalk favourites The Corrs who were crowned Best Pop Act.

Speaking of the upset, Andrea Corr commented: "We have the utmost respect for Westlife.

"They did very well at the Meteor Awards in Dublin and we have done very well here."

Source: Belfast Telegraph

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

u2_award.jpg

How FRICKIN CUTE is he?

*Edge fuzzies*

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

And what the heck is that on his shirt?
confused.gif

It looks a lil' like MacPhisto
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam
The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry
No, I will not do the snake dance for you~Bono

Still no pics up at the Hotpress site?! Grrr.

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

Did anyone read Lazyboy's review of the telecast? He said Bono was drunk!

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Man, he was sooo sooo pissed!
biggrin.gif
Fair play to him, he was really funny too! Great show, they talked to Bono backstage too, and get this, he saw the video of Slane, so it EXISTS!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
Hehe, seriously, I watched him talk about it, he was saying that it was an emotional day at Slane1, that they were keening, or something, which means bawling or lettin out sadness in public, and then he went on to Slane2, which he described as pure joy, a real ROCK SHOW!! He commented on how they filmed it, and the fact that he felt he would never watch it or get the chance to watch it, but the other day he got the video and he said it is incredible, yep, looks damn likely it'll be released!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
But during Edge's acceptance speech he never mentioned it as was said here, maybe they cut it.

And on the new album, Edge was commenting on it, about the whole rock factor and Bono joined in sayin it was an exciting time, that the next album could be the best one, cos it was a real rock time now, with bands from Sweden(the Hives?) and New York(Strokes?) and places around the world, and that once again it was about the music, the message, and not that other bollocks.

Bono also screwed up presentin the Best International Live act, readin the winner before he had even read the nominees, he was so drunk!
biggrin.gif
Radiohead got it, and he was very complementing.

He also went on about how great it was to get a night out seeing as he was stuck at home under nappies as the missus was off savin the world, and he screwed up when readin the auto queue as well, a barrel of laughs! Larry was funny too, twas a gas night and they looked like they had a ball, esepcially Bono, and here's to Slane2 DVD and a kick ass album!!!!

Oh yeah, for those of you in Britian, it's on BBC choice I think tomorrow, and also on Tv3 here in Ireland again tomorrow. (twas on BBC Northern Ireland tonight)

And you Americans, Ash who won the best album award are releasin said album, Free All Angels, in a few weeks over there, so watch out for it!!!!

The Frames and David Kitt also performed, more mighty Irish artists, it was definitely a damn fine showcase of Irish music!

Sounds cool! Remember it's on BBC tommorrow so it would be so cool if one of you girls could get us some stills of this!
smile.gif

Hey Melissa, I'd love to see more pics too! I want to see Bono, and his hair!
wink.gif
It's cool U2 won some awards, but I wanted to see it!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

More pics...don't know if these have been posted
smile.gif

u2_award.jpg

the_edge_stage2.jpg

Bono_arrives.jpg

the_edge_arrives.jpg

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

For those who wonder about the hair length... I give you this cute pic
smile.gif

bono_belfast01.jpg

Shrieeek!!

He's a baby doll!

What a beautiful precious smile on that cute little face! No shades, lovely dark curls, nice to see that, he's got it all! Thanks for the pic Melpop!

*faints*

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

For those who wonder about the hair length... I give you this cute pic
smile.gif

bono_belfast01.jpg

I am one of those of course
wink.gif
Yes he is very cute!
smile.gif
He looks so young and pretty and sweet! Thank you very very much for finding that Melissa!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Back
Top Bottom