Holy ouchies!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northeast

Acrobat
Hey check out this story:yikes:

OMAHA, Neb. -- An Omaha woman has given birth to a 14-pound, 3-ounce girl.

Jirong Long required a Caesarean section to deliver Virginia Wenjing You on Nov. 26. Virginia is the largest baby delivered at Creighton University Medical Center in its 130-year history, spokesman Ed Finan said.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest baby ever delivered was a boy weighing 23 pounds, 12 ounces in Seville, Ohio, in 1879.

Long, a Creighton genetics research fellow, said the size of her daughter is even more amazing because she and her husband, Mingrong You, are not big people.

Long is about 5 feet 4. She weighed 130 pounds before her pregnancy and peaked at 192 while she was expecting.

Her husband is about 5-9 and weighs 160 pounds.

Five days after Long's Nov. 20 due date, doctors induced labor with the expectation that the baby would be 8 or 9 pounds. Long said they eventually decided to perform the C-section because it was too dangerous for her to deliver naturally.

Long said she and her baby had no complications and are in good health.

Virginia already is wearing 6-month-old's clothing.

"She has a lot of hair and she is so cute," Long said. "She is very beautiful, and I am very, very happy."

This story just reinforces my choice to NEVER attempt a natural childbirth!!! LOL!!! I'm going to have drugs and epidurals and C-sections all the way!

Northeast said:
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest baby ever delivered was a boy weighing 23 pounds, 12 ounces in Seville, Ohio, in 1879.

:ohmy: :shocked: :huh:

*Winces*

Owwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Course, same goes for this girl in Omaha, too. Geez...14 pounds...

That's good to hear that everyone's doing well, though. :).

This is, however, bringing back memories of watching a film of a childbirth in my 10th grade biology class...:|...yeah...

I might plan on using some drugs when it comes time for me to have kids, too. I don't know.

:hmm:...or maybe I'll be lucky and sleep through most of the process, like my mom did when I was being born. :p.

Angela

Re: Re: Holy ouchies!!!!

Moonlit_Angel said:

:hmm:...or maybe I'll be lucky and sleep through most of the process, like my mom did when I was being born. :p.

You know, the female body can automatically deliver a baby. I watched it once on a med show. This lady was in a coma, and all they did was strap her down to the bed and wait for her body to deliver the baby. They thought the process might wake her up, but it didn't.

Back
Top Bottom