Hey, Pleba girliez with ze mummies and daddies who enjoy(ish) U2ies.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
say yer ma or da.........if not totally, but kinda like U2...........do they have a fav song?

My mum really digs 'Still Havent Found...' its her top fav....

:D

and speaking of which, I had Lemon on the other day, and she starts singin and hummin to it and occassionally comes out with

'Shes gonna make ya whisk ...the lemon'

:lmao:

and she grunted same tone with Edge's Numb!

My mums fantastic!!!!!!! :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
my mommy turned me on to U2, but I swear if I hafta listen to Holy Joe one more time I'll:barf:
Love you mommy:hug:

My sister and I got into a knock down drag out fight once when we were kids over who was better looking Bono or Larry (Larry girls are CRAZY) and we were grounded no U2 for a week talk about cruel and unusual punishment!!!!

My dad luvs "New Year's Day." (Esp. the drum parts since he's a drummer) He got me into U2 by playing it on a loop for as long as i can remember. He never played any other U2 song, just that over and over again. Not that we minded. We'd be in the car and he'd play it, then he'd be like "Again?" and all us kids "YES!" After I became obsessed and all u could hear was u2 music blasting outta my room he said he also liked "Pride (In the Name of Love)", and he likes "Beautiful Day" cos he learned the end guitar part just to show me! LOL. LUV U DADDY!

Me: *walks into the room with the radio turned on and Slutney whincing out of it*:yawn:
My mum: Hey, listen! Your U Zwei sang that song once, didnt they? :)
Me: :mad: *runs out of the room*

My dad likes U2 a lot...he really likes "New Year's Day", "Beautiful Day", and "Elevation"...and he's told me before that "Mysterious Ways" is one of the best songs to hear live (we were talking about the Elevation tour before though, and he loved how they did BD).

FallingStar said:
Me: *walks into the room with the radio turned on and Slutney whincing out of it*:yawn:
My mum: Hey, listen! Your U Zwei sang that song once, didnt they? :)
Me: :mad: *runs out of the room*

LMAO! That's disturbing.. :shifty:

*remembers u telling her that yer parents call U2 U zwei* LOL

My uncle started doing that just to annoy me one day O_O

My dad...put on a leather jacket in the store once, while we were at the mall, and started humming Elevation o_O

My mom loves the Joshua Tree and she also likes Staring at the Sun...

oh and..erm
my cat...*I know this is off the thread topic, but it's funny :p*
he'll sit on top of the sub-woofer during any really bassy U2 song... and he really adores Billy Boola O_O
It's funny cos his belly bounces up and down with each beat o_O

Phuzzie_the_camera_girl said:
My dad...put on a leather jacket in the store once, while we were at the mall, and started humming Elevation o_O
When my dad and I go shopping together, sometimes we try on sunglasses...Dad always picks dorky ones with colored lenses and says, "Look, I'm Bono!" :lmao:

My mum and my dad both LOOOOOOOOOOOVE New Year's Day. Which is funny, because they're divorced...

I saw U2 twice, once with my dad and once without. When he was with me, ALL he wanted to hear was New Year's Day. They could have played that and walked off stage and he'd have been happy. Did they play it? Nope.

But the next time I went without him, they did. Figures. lol. *sigh* Poor Daddy.

But he got me back by going to see the Stones without me.

~Bona

Bonochick said:

Dad always picks dorky ones with colored lenses and says, "Look, I'm Bono!" :lmao:

HAHAHAH!!! MINE DOES THE SAME..............he actually relates a lot of things to Bono.........quite often.....actually:shifty:

Anyhoo........
My mom's favoriteis WOWY
My dad on the other hand likes a lot of them.........
I'd have to say "Pride" was his favorite.
Although he often goes around singing "Boomchaaa or LEMMMMMMONNN" to himself.

my mom refuses to admit she shows any interest in U2 whatsoever, but I think my dad likes some of the older stuff, he liked when we listened to Rattle and Hum in the car once, especially that version of ISHFWILF, but when the CD was done he said, "so.....uh.....do those guys like do any drugs?" I guess you hafta do lotsa drugs to be in my dad's top five!

You won't believe this but yesterday when I listened to the Best Of, my parents said they really liked the song Miss Sarajevo. :shocked: They were even quiet and listened to Pavarotti's part! :shocked:

Okay, that's it, I can die in peace now. :|

My parents both like U2. My mom listens to ATYCLB a lot and put the Bono Time magazine cover on our fridge (along with the Bruce Springsteen cover)!

Whenever I listen to a U2 song my dad hasn't heard of he always thinks I'm listening to some b-side or rarity if even it's not.

Me: *listening to Acrobat*
Dad: Ah, it sounds like you're listening to one of U2's rarities again!
Me: Um, no, this song is on one of their popular albums.
Dad: Well, I've never heard of it.
Me: It's on Achtung Baby! You own that CD!
Dad: Well I still think it's obscure.
Me: :sigh: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My dad thinks U2 is just awesome-he's liked them ever since the first time he heard "I Will Follow". His favorite song by them is "Sunday Bloody Sunday", but he likes all their songs he's heard (he says "Electrical Storm" is a great song, one that just grabs you right away when you hear it...can't say I disagree! He just loves that song). And he thinks "The Joshua Tree" is an awesome album-when "Red Hill Mining Town" came on one day when I was listening to that CD, he's like, "Oh, I love this song!"

My mom likes their music, too-I don't think she has a favorite song, though. But she does like their songs. And both of them are pretty cool with my...er...obsession...with the band (my mom will jokingly mispronounce Bono's name occasionally, but it's all in fun, and she told me when we were watching the final hour of that "100 Sexiest Artists" countdown that she thinks he's cute, so...:D).

Yeah...my parents are pretty cool. :).

Angela

My parents like U2...in fact, just 20 minutes ago I stole 90-00 from my dad after he stole it from my brother...but I think they think I'm insane and I often try to hide my addiction from them...I have only recently been able to afford to buy a kabillion U2 CD's and I often hear, "MORE U2??" when I get home.

However my brother thinks he's going to be The next Edge and is constantly playing U2 songs on his guitar. All he needs is an echo machine and a wah-wah pedal and he's good to go! :yes: I brought him to his first concert, both U2 and ever, on Larry's b-day last year and we ended up in the heart and have been bonded by Bono ever since. ::warm fuzzies::

:scream: all you with good parents, NO FAIR!!!

My friend who lives downstairs, last week I talked about U2 with her mom for hours! My mom sucks so I'm gonna talk about Emily's mom, cus she's cool! She's a Bono gal like myself so right away we're provided with infinite conversation topics. She took Emily to concerts when she was a kid, that's how their entire family is hooked on U2. She told us her U2 testimony, so to speak. LOL, she said the first time she saw Bono (Streets vid) she thought he was "the sleaziest thing ever" and she wants to appologize to him for ever thinking that.

Tiffany, if you ever read this, I gave her one of your Bonomouth posters. She LOVES it, she said she would have paid $100 for one! She thinks you should sell them :yes:

OMG I'm SURE I was switched at birth!!!! :banghead:

(edited b/c Ellen informed me that I had spelled "sleaziest" wrong. :hug: )

Last edited:
BC's Dad: Man, I am SO happy that U2 has a new release...maybe you'll stop listening to Ryan Adams for a few days and get back to the good stuff!

BC: Whatever...you told me you liked some of Ryan's stuff...

BC's Dad: Yeah, but he's no Bono!

Bonochick said:
BC's Dad: Man, I am SO happy that U2 has a new release...maybe you'll stop listening to Ryan Adams for a few days and get back to the good stuff!

BC: Whatever...you told me you liked some of Ryan's stuff...

BC's Dad: Yeah, but he's no Bono!

:lmao: that?s so funny!!!

sometimes I think my parents are aliens. After being a U2 fan for 15 years they now finally know that U2 are a band from Ireland (not England) and that I like them. :banghead:

Maybe in another 15 years they?ll know a song or two...

but I?m all for the future, that?s why I?m a good mummy and teach my stepson all there is to know about U2. My hubby is going insane, but we have to think of the future, right :D

Last edited:
Giant Lemon said:
My parents both like U2. My mom listens to ATYCLB a lot and put the Bono Time magazine cover on our fridge (along with the Bruce Springsteen cover)!

Your mom likes Bruce Springsteen, I take it?

If so, so does mine (that's her big crush).

LOL at Bonochick's story-that's funny, but it's cool (so I take it he prefers the version of "When The Stars Go Blue" that Bono and the Corrs do over Ryan's version?).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL at Bonochick's story-that's funny, but it's cool (so I take it he prefers the version of "When The Stars Go Blue" that Bono and the Corrs do over Ryan's version?).

Yep. :D

I can't remember which Ryan songs we were listening to...but Dad said, "Listen to him...he sounds like a Bob Dylan-wannabe! Bono doesn't have to try to pretend he's somebody else cuz he's already cool enough."

BC: *thinks* Since when is DAD defending Bono to ME????? :laugh:

I :heart: my dad!

my mom likes most of u2's stuff, she's probably heard every album several times at this point, but doesn't really keep track of songs. but she LOVES "pride (in the name of love)", and there have definetly been times on car trips where i have worried about wearing down the tape because she told me to rewind it. but she likes most of their stuff, especially ATYCLB and JT stuff.

and the funniest thing had to be last week when she goes "i was listening to npr and they had an interview with johnny cash, do you know who he sang with?"...i had to explain "yes mom, and you've heard ;the wanderer' too!!"

:rolleyes: :laugh:

i love ISHFWILF but it always makes me yawn when i sing along with it...i haven't figured out why...

Back
Top Bottom