Hey Icelady! Check in here please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Hi Icelady, if you're hear please respond! I want to start a thread we will both like but I won't bother unless you're here, please check in!

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

*bumps* in hopes she'll show up- Oh well maybe tommorrow!

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-15-2001).]

Who is Icelady? I've not heard that name before.
smile.gif

er.... I?m from Iceland, does that make me an Icelady??
confused.gif

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Hey U2Kitten sorry missed your vibe from the 15th.

I'm here. I'm a newbie poster. I've been on the bandwagon since '82 and the WAR tour. And, back in the '80s when I was young like you, the "mullett" and dare I say it...those leather boots and pants....oooh baby!

That is what make the world go round back then....

I mellow with age as Bono gracefully ages....

Keep the thread going.....

Lisa
wink.gif

Originally posted by icelady:
Hey U2Kitten sorry missed your vibe from the 15th.

I'm here. I'm a newbie poster. I've been on the bandwagon since '82 and the WAR tour. And, back in the '80s when I was young like you, the "mullett" and dare I say it...those leather boots and pants....oooh baby!

That is what make the world go round back then....

I mellow with age as Bono gracefully ages....

Keep the thread going.....

Lisa
wink.gif

Hey Icelady I was young in the 80's too, when I was 16 I loved Live Aid Bono! That's why I wanted to find you, to have a friend to post Live Aid and UF era pics with and drool over them without anybody ruining it with silly 'mullet' jokes! I LOVE and adore the way Bono, his hair and his clothes looked, and I want to celebrate that underappreciated look! Mind if I post some pics of hot, young flexible Bono from those days? Oh, the memories. I love him now too of course, he looks better than he has in years, he does look good with age and I am drooling over the new pics too!

------------------

U2kitten,

Stop you're killing me..... Yummmmmm

So nice to see someone who can appreciate the finer things in life.

He gives me shivers with those boots.

Keep em coming.

here I thought those older pics were lost on this generation??-- just kidding girls, retract those claws. It's all fun.

Here's to the 80's and not that I have reason to dig out my old pics I'll be posting some from the dungeon later on.

So girls, let's make a toast to the 80's shall we - and a fine time it was!!!

Lisa

Thank you so much Icelady! It's so nice to have someone else I can drool over these pics with! I agree with everything you said! Most people love the JT pics but the earlier ones are lost on most of the next generation. I think once the 'jokes' started no one really gave them a chance! I have seen a few of the young girls say they like these pics so that's cool! I would love to tell Bono so many of us longtime fans thought he was SO HOT back then and still like to watch the old tapes and look at the old pics! Oh, those tight pants, those boots and the way he walked in them! When you get your pics ready please post, I'd love to see them! Here's some more, a toast to the 80's indeed!
jC97246.jpg

h966403.jpg

eS35453.jpg

jr26193.jpg

uT10829.jpg

ti13859.jpg

lp71529.jpg

WHEW!!!! HOTNESS!!!!

If anyone else, 'old' or young wants to join our young Bono appreciation society please post! See ya later!

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-16-2001).]

Hey U2Kitten,

My goodness this coming out the closet sure is dusty!!! Just thinking about those good days makes me want to say hmmmmmm So to you and to all those who loved the 80?s here?s something for you.
My story is an easy one to tell. Since being dragged on a party busy to the Buffalo Auditorium in the early 80?s to see a group I had never heard of wasn?t what I would call fun. Of course I?ve been living that one down for decades now!
Anyhow, after that I was hooked. I like all the young ones of today spent every waking moment listening, thinking, buying with every cent I had. That was a fun time. No responsibilities, no life! Well no life outside of U2 that is!
But times change. I still love them to death but alas don?t spend every waking moment or every cent I have(well I earn it now J) Now I just appreciate it like fine wine. I dare say I have a life(a good one at that), I have responsibilities(in the form of kids and husband), but there is one thing that will never change.
No matter how times change, I?ll always be there when they come around ? just like the energizer bunny.
With that I leave you with these fine specimens
bonoarrives.jpg

bonostage.jpg

bad3.jpg

100268.jpg

8278.jpg

8284.jpg

Oh Icelady THANK YOU!!! You have no idea how much I REALLY needed this right now! I appreciate it so much! Those pics are so hot and beautiful! I have never seen those Live Aid ones in still shot before they are AWESOME!! I have an old People magazine from right after Live Aid that has a black and white one of him bending on stage like that, but yours is the best! Oh those sexy moves! I didn't have one of him hugging the girl either! The one of him walking across the parking lot is so sexy, oh those pants and boots! I love them all! Please post more when you get the chance!

You are so lucky to have gotten to see them so early in their career! I can tell you are a true diehard excellent U2 fan of the greatest kind. Thank you so much, please keep the pics and stories coming!

More Live Aid hotness!
rs79310.jpg

i912596.jpg

------------------

*Sniff* I can't put into words how much you just made my day, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
smile.gif

Wu59821.jpg

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-17-2001).]

Ah shocks, you're too kind. No really you are
wink.gif

I do think I have been blessed to have been able to see them so many many time around. Back then it was a different time - crowds were awesome.

I remember during the Unforgettable Fire tour - saw them first time around that year which was I guess around 87 at MLG in Toronto. We had golds - 5 rows away from the stage on the Edge's side.
One hilarious thing I remember about that show was when we got there they had the stage setup for the opening act who I had never heard of at the time. The drums had a label LJ on them. We talked that it might be monker for Larry Junior - hahaha it was for Lone Justice! U2 was heavy into them at the time - very country, folkish.

Anyhow, I still can visualize it like it was yesterday. The crowd singing every line and note of every song - and Bono letting them! I remember them singing my all time favourite U2 song - Two Hearts Beats as One! awesome. I remember him draping the flag around himself and singing Amazing Grace in amazing eerie silience.
I remember him singing Sleep Sleep tonight in spotlight. And I rememebr after Amazing grace him giving the flag to a guy in the audience. a fight ensued over the flag and Bono being vocally upset about what was transpiring.

I remember singing '40. I remember 16000 people singing '40 through the halls, into the parking lots, out on the street....Truly magical and it doesn't happen any more....It's a shame really...Those were the days.

Glad I cheered you up and will gladly post some more pics - ones that I hold dear just for you and I!

Enjoy and will post them soon!

Lisa

OK let's try this again, for some reason first time around picture wouldn't post - maybe they're too hot and are just leaping off the page!!! To repost soon.

Batten down the hatches and get ready....

[This message has been edited by icelady (edited 10-17-2001).]

OK U2Kitten, here goes try number 2. See if they leap off the page this time around.

Let's see how this one goes, the youngs ones just don't know what they're missing, but hey the more for us to enjoy!

They don't seem to want to show themselves here - hey U2kitten tell you what, email me at oelmannl@aol.com and I'll send them off to you to enjoy at your leisure. And let me just say...the one with the turtleneck - meow...god I love it - think it is one of my all time favorites. The chin, the hair, ooohhhh baby.

Lisa

[This message has been edited by icelady (edited 10-17-2001).]

Oh Icelady I know what the problem is! They are all Geocities and Geocities, along with Angelfire and Tripod will not post here!
mad.gif
frown.gif
I will try to go to that site and upload them to my webshots page and post them! Be back soon! Thank you!

PS- AWESOME story! You are a fortunate U2 fan!

I couldn't get the mail to go through it came back unknown user!Are those l's or I's or 1's maybe I had something wrong. You can send them to me at u2kitten@yahoo.com.
Thank you!
smile.gif

HEY!! I LOVE the Unforgettable Fire look and I think all your pics are very hot! I think Bono looks very sexy in all of them! I was only 3 years old for Live Aid but I really remember it! I'm lucky, I come from a cool rock and roll family
wink.gif
smile.gif

------------------
~some days are better than others~

Back
Top Bottom