Hey Hey we?re the Monkees!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
Yesterday at work this song comes on the radio and I just started laughing so hard that my coworker thaught I had gone nuts!

It got me thinking of Bonos Monkees incident from Flanagans bible
I just love that part it?s so Bonoesque!

:D

I love the Monkees! I remember watching the show when it first premiered on TV! I was 5 years old and I had such a crush on Peter! I liked their records too. I wonder if Bono liked it as a kid too?

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I love the Monkees! I remember watching the show when it first premiered on TV! I was 5 years old and I had such a crush on Peter! I liked their records too. I wonder if Bono liked it as a kid too?

:lol: The Monkees were the first group I really liked. I don't even remember how old I was. I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4, and my mom bought me a Monkees' record at Kmart.

Re: Re: Hey Hey we?re the Monkees!!!

stephannv said:

Hmmmm......I know not of this incident.....would anyone like to share? :D

Yeah...I wanna know too! I read the book but I can't remember!

Re: Re: Re: Hey Hey we?re the Monkees!!!

FG20_00_01UN.JPG

stephannv said:
Hmmmm......I know not of this incident.....would anyone like to share? :D

Lets see how fast I can type this all out...

"Walking home through a dark tunnel, Bono insists we throw our arms over each other's shoulders and sing the theme from The Monkees . He's still upset because he was shot down in his bid to get U2 to adopt the names of the Monkees as hotel pseudonyms for this tour. Bono wanted to be Davy Jones, the short, maracas-shaking singer. Edge was to be Mike Nesmith, the serious, wool-hatted guitarist. He thought Adam might object to being the troublemaking blond bimbo Peter Tork, but Adam said no problem. The whole idea sank when Larry refused to be Mickey Dolenz.
Edge's version of the story is slightly different; he told me it wasn't Larry who shot down the plan; it was the fact that the Monkees names are more famous than the names of the members of U2. 'We'd still have fans ringing the rooms,' Edge protested, 'but it'll be somebody else's fans!'"

[insert thing I'm too lazy to type out here]

"Many such stupid things sound funny when you've been up all night drinking. It's even something of a knee-slapper when Bono throws himself so completely into The Monkees theme while parading through the auto tunnel that he doesn't see the car headlights bearing down on him until I yank him out of the way. (Imagine if I had not. People would be asking me Bono's last words and I'd have to say, 'Hey hey, we're the Monkees, and people say we monkey around.')"

No wonder Bono couldn't see. He was wearing those Fly shades in the dark night! Flanagan really should've taken them off him and said, there, isn't that better? ;) :cool: LOL!

I saw them in person several times.

I had a hilarious U2ey encounter with Peter Tork, too!

I was wearing my popmart shirt (the black one where the pix of the boys look a little like mugshots), and he said "Who are those scruffy looking guys?!"
And I just laughed! And i said, oh, its a little known rock band named U2. I dont think he heard me though, because he came up to me later and said 'No, really, who are they?"
And i said its U2!!! And he just said, Ohh....

ROFL!!!!!!!
He's a funny fellow.

Miss MacPhisto said:
I saw them in person several times.

I had a hilarious U2ey encounter with Peter Tork, too!

I was wearing my popmart shirt (the black one where the pix of the boys look a little like mugshots), and he said "Who are those scruffy looking guys?!"
And I just laughed! And i said, oh, its a little known rock band named U2. I dont think he heard me though, because he came up to me later and said 'No, really, who are they?"
And i said its U2!!! And he just said, Ohh....

ROFL!!!!!!!
He's a funny fellow.

That's cool! :lol:

One time I was wearing my "mug shot" Popmart shirt and my grandpa goes, "Those guys look like criminals!" and he was teasing me about it.

I :heart: The Monkees!

I :heart: the monkees too!!! I was afraid to mention it here! lol I have seen like every episode of the monkees. I love peter tork, he is so funny! TV land plays the monkees on Fridays and Saturdays. you guys are lucky to meet him! **I am such a dork!**

Back
Top Bottom