Hey, girls! Where are our boys?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hey, everyone! :wave:

Well, so far I'm having a blast in Dublin! I've been around the city quite a bit, and so far I've managed to hit a few major U2-ey sites...Like the Bonavox Hearing Aid Store and Bono's house in Killiney (yay!).

Anyway, I was just sort of HOPING (as I haven't had much time for the net lately) that some of you might know what the boys have been up to lately? I mean, are they actually IN Dublin? Are they going to be in Dublin in the near future? I hope, I hope, I hope! :jump:

My mom is here visiting with my aunt until Thursday morning (well, actually they're staying in Killiney...it's so gorgeous there!) and we're probably going to go to the studio this afternoon, but my mom was all like "Doesn't ANYBODY know if they're going to be there?! What kind of U2 fans are these people?!" :lol:

:wave: I'll probably be checking in again soon. Take care, everyone! :hug:

"Bono is expected to attend the presentation of the United Nations Human Development Report in Dublin this Tuesday, July 08th. According to the newspaper Irish Independent, he might deliver a speech on the issue of the poverty in the world..."

Don't know where this actually will be, but I bet it's in the evening :)

Hmmm...Interesting info. I collected some of my own as well yesterday...

So my mom, my aunt, and I went down to the studio. My aunt doesn't really care that much about U2 *GASP* so she was daring enough to ring the bell outside...This guy came to the door and he looked as if he was in a rather bad mood. My aunt goes "Is Bono here?!" :lol: and the guy said that they were "on vacation" and that they would be back in the studio "when they feel like it" (very cryptic, no?). So my mom and I were really bummed and we left. We walked down the street to the bar at the Holiday Inn and we were talking to this young Irish guy who worked there who was very nice. He wasn't a U2 fan *again, GASP* but he said that he'd seen Bono just the night before in Malahide.

So...methinks that the guy at the studio meant that the band is taking a break from the studio, not necessarily, like, on holiday or anything. I'm not giving up yet, but I still feel pretty bummed because my mom won't get the chance to see Bono, since she and my aunt have to go home on Thursday morning...

Thanks for that bit of news, Beth. At least we know he's IN the city then. :D

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Hey wertsie!

Teehee is in Dublin as well so it would be cool if she could come to teh Clarence as well. What do you think ? :D

Yes! We must get together and then go to the studio together as well!

PS. Where is it that you would peek in and see if their cars are there? We didn't know where they would park, like outside or whatever...but no? Is there a garage? *slightly confuzzled...:lol: *

oh, and if you DO meet Bono, will you tell him I'm STILL getting mocked for what he said to me in Nebraska..... :rolleyes:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
oh, and if you DO meet Bono, will you tell him I'm STILL getting mocked for what he said to me in Nebraska..... :rolleyes:

:lol: Why? What did he say to you?

It can't be if...it has to be when! :D

when WHEN, that's what I meant! :D

he just said "look at you" in a funny way b/c I looked pretty rediculous at the time, wearing about 5 layers of clothing including two seperate hoods :shrug: like being a mega-rockstar in a suit and tie going to preach a sermon isn't rediculous ....... :rolleyes:

:heart: :bono:

That's too cute Liv! :cute: :bono:

*edited to say, you should have asked him to warm you up. :combust:

Last edited:
wertsie said:

Yes! We must get together and then go to the studio together as well!

PS. Where is it that you would peek in and see if their cars are there? We didn't know where they would park, like outside or whatever...but no? Is there a garage? *slightly confuzzled...:lol: *

Yeah, it's a big iron door about 4 or 5 metres away from the studio, to the right. I don't know how to explain this...lol.

I'll show you when we go there! :D

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Yeah, it's a big iron door about 4 or 5 metres away from the studio, to the right. I don't know how to explain this...lol.

I'll show you when we go there! :D

:D Ok, 'cos there's this one part that I KNOW is the studio, but my mom was kind of wondering if the studio covered a lot more than that...I wasn't sure.

Did you get my email?

Oh, and Ellen...:hug:...But, hey, at least he said SOMETHING to ya, right? I think I would die! :lol:

Ok, you guys...About the whole deal with peeking in the window to see if their cars are there...I found these pics of the studio on The U2 Page and I thought I would post them and y'all could tell me if you'd peek in awhere shown, or if it's more to the right...know what I mean?

Hanover%20Quay%20Studio%202.jpg

Hanover%20Quay%20Studio.jpg

:D

Oh, and just so you know...if I'm not around again for a few days, it's because we're heading off to Galway for the weekend and will return on Sunday...but I MIGHT have the chance to check this again before I leave tomorrow...:shrug: Who knows?

there's a door to the garage with a letterbox on it - you can look through the letterbox and see inside where the cars are parked. That's what me and Flavia did anyway...........:shifty:

the door can't be seen on those photos of the studios though. It's further to the right.

bammo2 said:
there's a door to the garage with a letterbox on it - you can look through the letterbox and see inside where the cars are parked. That's what me and Flavia did anyway...........:shifty:

the door can't be seen on those photos of the studios though. It's further to the right.

:up: Ok, thanks! :D

Hi! :wave:

Yeah, as Lu said you can't see the door in those pics. But let me try to explain: if you stand in front of the studio door, the garage door is on your left, about 5 or 6 metres away.

Teehee rang me today and she's going to the studio tomorrow with a friend. So let's keep pur fingers crossed! :D

We are gonna meet sometime next week and will go to the studio. I hope they are still in town. I know Bono is here at the moment, but you never know with that fella. One minute he's in town and the next one he's in Africa! :D

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Hi! :wave:

Yeah, as Lu said you can't see the door in those pics. But let me try to explain: if you stand in front of the studio door, the garage door is on your left, about 5 or 6 metres away.

Teehee rang me today and she's going to the studio tomorrow with a friend. So let's keep pur fingers crossed! :D

We are gonna meet sometime next week and will go to the studio. I hope they are still in town. I know Bono is here at the moment, but you never know with that fella. One minute he's in town and the next one he's in Africa! :D

I hope so too! I wanna go, I wanna go! I'm going to Cork this weekend, but I'll have Monday-Thursday free after 1PM so let me know what your schedule is, ok? I'm so psyched! My theory is that they HAVE to be around this week, just because they weren't last. haha...Hopefully teehee will have some good news for us all!

wertsie said:

Me too! :D

I can barely contain my excitement! :D

Flavia, darling, where are you?!
:)

I'm here, I'm here! Sorry it took me a while to reply to your e-mail but work has been hectic lately!

I just sent you an e-mail, Jen. Marta rang today and we are going to the studio on Friday. Cancel that trip to Cork! LOL ;)

She was there last week and met Sam, the boys weren't there though. She said Sam was really sweet and gave her loads of info about the album.

I'm working from 11 am to 7 pm next week so i think it'll be kinda late to go to the studio, but maybe we could go for a drink at the clarence and the arrange to go to the studio the following week. what do you think? :scratch:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I'm here, I'm here! Sorry it took me a while to reply to your e-mail but work has been hectic lately!

I just sent you an e-mail, Jen. Marta rang today and we are going to the studio on Friday. Cancel that trip to Cork! LOL ;)

She was there last week and met Sam, the boys weren't there though. She said Sam was really sweet and gave her loads of info about the album.

I'm working from 11 am to 7 pm next week so i think it'll be kinda late to go to the studio, but maybe we could go for a drink at the clarence and the arrange to go to the studio the following week. what do you think? :scratch:

Well, I hope you and Marta have good luck on Friday! :D

I was thinking that I MIGHT see if somebody would go with me, like a friend or something, to the studio today or tomorrow, since I won't be able to go on Friday. We'll see how that goes. At any rate, I just sent you an email. Hopefully we can work something out to meet up sometime, though!

Yeah, I went to the studio last week too and didn't have any luck, so I was thinking maybe this week they might be back.

Alright, Marta and I met yesterday afternoon. She's such a lovely girl! :D

We walked down to the studio and sat on the bench for a while, chatting away like crazy! My poor boyfriend didn't have another option but picking up his book and starting reading to block all the noise we were making! :lol:

About 15 minutes later, a mini van arrived and 2 guys from a security company went into the studio. When we wanted to check if we could see anyone inside, they closed the door. :p

But after a few minutes, a guy with red hair came out and
checked something outside. Then he looked us , said hi and told us they guys were on holidays so there was no point waiting outside. He was really nice and polite. And I believe, that was SAM. :lol: I'm not sure, he might be somebody else, but we think it was him anyway. Does anybody have a pic of Sam?

Then we headed back to Grafton street and went to Tower Records a another music shop called Mojo. The have really cool stuff!

Wertsie! Marta and I are planning to go to the Clarence sometime next week for a few drinks. Do you think you would be able to come? I know u always go away on Friday, but I'm afraid that's the only day that suits me. Next week I'm working from 11 am to 7 pm. Mail me and let me know what u are up to.

And now moving onto a different subject, I went to see REM last Thursday. Amazing gig. Michael's voice is brilliant, even during live gigs. Flawless.
But the main thing is something that he said: "Last night, Bono and his beautiful wife Ali were standing here on stage, enjoying the show.." I almost had a seizure. I MISSED BONO FOR A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????????!!!! I'm feckin' cursed!!!!!!!! I'm never gonna meet him!!!!! *sniffs*:sad: :mad:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

And now moving onto a different subject, I went to see REM last Thursday. Amazing gig. Michael's voice is brilliant, even during live gigs. Flawless.
But the main thing is something that he said: "Last night, Bono and his beautiful wife Ali were standing here on stage, enjoying the show.." I almost had a seizure. I MISSED BONO FOR A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????????!!!! I'm feckin' cursed!!!!!!!! I'm never gonna meet him!!!!! *sniffs*:sad: :mad:

awww Flavia!!!!!!!! don't worry - your time will come soon! Funny isn't it - when we were at the studio, the boys were in London for the Ivor Novellos, and when you were at the studio the other day, Bono at least was probably on his way to Johannesburg!!

Like I say, keep trying! :wink: I'm certain that one day you'll get your meeting! :yes:

Oh - by the way. When you go to the Clarence, try the long island iced tea. Pricey, but reaaaaaaaaaaaalllly good :drool: Just don't have too many. I had 4 and ended up with Lime Overkill. Ooooh the pain! :scream:

Lu
:wave:

:( Yeah, I talked to my mom last night and she said she read about Bono being in South Africa on Saturday...but I'm going to head over to the studio this afternoon anyway and see if I have any luck...I guess you never know, right? (and at least they have a bench there for us to sit on...I can at least SIGN that if they're not there!).

:yes: I'll email you straightaway, Flavia. :up:

Back
Top Bottom