Hey arw9797

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylimeU2

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just wanted to wish you good luck on on your first day at your new job! (It is the 14th, right?)

:cute:

thank you! :hug:

yeah I start tomorrow at 8 AM :crazy: I think I've only been up that early about 3 times in the past 2 1/2 months. Thankfully I've had a very active weekend with a few long walks around the lakes (see my sig...that's 3 1/2 miles right there :crack: ). I'll be nice and tired tonight so I'll get to bed early and waking up tomorrow won't be so painful. I'm getting a little nervous about everything but I keep telling myself the hard part is overwith....that being applying and then proving myself in an interview. I got through that so I'll be fine tomorrow. :yes:

:D Good luck!! Even though you won't need it, evreyhting WILL be fine. :yes:

*happy New Job Dance*

:dance:

Well after two days of work I'm completely confused and a little nervous to go back tomorrow. It's a huge shock to my system to be working again after almost 3 months of lounging around.

The person training me was out today. The person who filled in for her went way too fast and assumed I know everything there is to know. It's a completely different setup than what I did the last time I did this kind of work. She wanted me to email and call people and I have no clue what we actually do yet! She just said she forgot that I was new and she'd do that stuff.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my boss to see how things are going. I really like the people. Everyone is so nice. It's such an adjustment to my last job where everyone was absolutely awful. But it's just a lot to learn and the person today confused me so much. I'm sure tomorrow it'll be different. My problem is I'm absolutely terrified to be on the phone calling people when I have zero clue what's going on. I just have to get over that :sigh:

It's located on my stomping grounds. It's by my local mall so after a completely confusing morning yesterday it was nice to walk into the mall. It made me feel at home in an odd way. Then today I just came home for lunch. My last job was an hour away and it's one of the many reasons I hated it so much. So between my coworkers, the location, and the pay I really like it but I'm just really nervous about being there too. I hate being the newbie :(

New jobs take some adjusting to, thats for sure. :hug: I'm sure you'll get the hang of things soon. And I'm glad to hear you are atleast working with friendly people, sometimes that can make all the difference. Anyway, I'm sure you doing great, for a newbie :)!

Aw.... it'll get better ARW!! :hug: It just takes times to learn the new stuff... one day you'll look back on this week, laugh and say "I can't believe this used to confuse me." :)

And as ylimeU2 said ---> :up: to the nice co-workers... it always makes work more enjoyable when you like the people you work with! :happy:

Good luck with the rest of your work week!!!! :D

:hug: I agree with what the others have said... you just need a little time! I wish you lots of success on your new job!

Last edited:
:sigh: Well I made it through my first week! I'm so happy it's the weekend!

Yesterday my manager decided to do a complete department switch on everyone and thankfully it affected me in a good way. It had nothing to do with my being a newbie. It was more a question of someone is taking a promotion and leaving our area and I think someone else quit before I started. I was switched to a different team with different responsibilities. It's a lot slower paced and it's been easy to learn. Plus for each deal I'll only have to do a verbal audit at the end of the transaction and I'll have a check list of things I need to ask instead of my making and receiving a million calls about stuff I don't know. (I work at a leasing company that leases construction equipment and also large office equipment). So yesterday and especially today was so much better than my first three days! Plus yesterday we had a bowling party and got to leave work in the middle of the day to bowl. I won a $20.00 door prize. :D So not a bad first week afterall! I'm still overwhelmed with the whole process but I think after today I have a much better understanding of what's going on. But that also has to do with the fact that I was switched to be trained by 2 people who are going slow instead of someone else that was going super fast and confusing me.

Last edited:
arw9797 said:
:sigh: Well I made it through my first week! I'm so happy it's the weekend!

Yesterday my manager decided to do a complete department switch on everyone and thankfully it affected me in a good way. It had nothing to do with my being a newbie. It was more a question of someone is taking a promotion and leaving our area and I think someone else quit before I started. I was switched to a different team with different responsibilities. It's a lot slower paced and it's been easy to learn. Plus for each deal I'll only have to do a verbal audit at the end of the transaction and I'll have a check list of things I need to ask instead of my making and receiving a million calls about stuff I don't know. (I work at a leasing company that leases construction equipment and also large office equipment). So yesterday and especially today was so much better than my first three days! Plus yesterday we had a bowling party and got to leave work in the middle of the day to bowl. I won a $20.00 door prize. :D So not a bad first week afterall!

:hug: yay! that is pretty cool about the bowling party, it sounds like a good company to work for :)

I'm glad that you're happier with the people training you now too. When I start someplace new, usually I'm so nervous at first I don't absorb anything :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom