hey all & help with U2 presentation needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riverdraicin

The Fly
hey everyone
smile.gif
i'm a new PLEBA girl (well, I've been here often recently, but I only just registered), but i've seen some of you in the chatroom *waves to Laura, Niamh, bono-vox, Mullen-Girl and Sicy: hello
biggrin.gif
I'm 16 yrs old and *surprise* crazy about U2. My favourite band member is Bono, no um.. Edge. no, Larry. ack.. they're all so good!

Next week I have to do a presentation about U2 in a music lesson at school (well, I have to do a presentation and I chose to do it about U2), and of course I love to be able to do that, but sometimes it's just so hard to put music into words!!
confused.gif
If any of you can find any suitable words to describe U2's masterpieces, please please let me know! I'm sure there are girls on here who maybe have better ideas how to do this than I do!

Thanks a lot for any help
smile.gif

Mara
~riverdraic?n~

welcome to PLEBA!
smile.gif

what songs are you going to highlight? mona (also known as wildhonee, miss PLEBA herself) wrote a great essay on "one." i'm sure you could get some ideas reading that.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Hello.
smile.gif
Hmm... I am going to have to do a presentation soon too, and I'm wanting do it on U2. I have no clue how though.
confused.gif
So I'm in the same boat... Ugh. What exactly did you have in mind?

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

hi madonnas child and On The Edge, ummm, the songs we chose for the presentation are Sunday Bloody Sunday, Beautiful Day, and With or Without You, though I don't know if I'm exactly happy with this choice (I'd prefer to play all of their songs
biggrin.gif
). Which songs would you choose? I'm planning to also take small parts of other songs like Running to Stand Still, Bullet the Blue Sky, Streets etc. to point out certain musical features. My personal favourites are WOWY and One, and I really miss One in this presentation, but Sunday Bloody Sunday and WOWY just have to be there I think, and we just need 1 song from their new album. On the other hand, I got to keep in mind that there are probably some people in my class who don't like U2 (those eejits!) and I'm also working with 3 other girls who aren't exactly U2 fans either
frown.gif

Anyway.. I'm going to show the Red Rocks '83 video of Sunday Bloody Sunday and then the same song at Popmart, I think it's interesting to compare those 2 videos cos they're so different. And btw, I'd love to read Mona's essay about One! Where is it where is it where is it?
smile.gif

What do you guys think?

Mara
~riverdraic?n~

Not sure exactly what you are loking for. Are you comparing different songs or are just talking about the meaning behind them & having them listen.

I would try to give you ideas but just would like to have more back ground.

Originally posted by riverdraicin:

I'm 16 yrs old and *surprise* crazy about U2. My favourite band member is Bono, no um.. Edge. no, Larry. ack.. they're all so good!Mara
~riverdraic?n~

hey....you did not mention Adam at all....

*hurt deeply by the omission*

and on a more serious note, there was a neat thread, i think it was in lemonade stand, where people had to post the one word that described U2 to them.

That could fun to incorporate into your presentation.

Maybe I'll go search for it for you....

Originally posted by elizabeth:

doesn't that just leave more adam for you?

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

I should give you my essay I wrote in 5th grade. But, my music teacher took it with her & never gave it back
frown.gif

Maybe try looking into the lyrics for the words you are looking for to describe them and incorporating them into your essay or presentation.....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

Originally posted by elizabeth:

awwww sorry Elizabeth.. i didn't mean it that way.. but madonna's child is right, it leaves more Adam for you, huh?
smile.gif

thanks to you all for your help with this, I hope I'll be able to impress my music teacher
biggrin.gif

Love,

~riverdraic?n~

Originally posted by riverdraicin:
hey everyone
smile.gif
i'm a new PLEBA girl (well, I've been here often recently, but I only just registered), but i've seen some of you in the chatroom *waves to Laura, Niamh, bono-vox, Mullen-Girl and Sicy: hello
biggrin.gif
I'm 16 yrs old and *surprise* crazy about U2. My favourite band member is Bono, no um.. Edge. no, Larry. ack.. they're all so good!

Next week I have to do a presentation about U2 in a music lesson at school (well, I have to do a presentation and I chose to do it about U2), and of course I love to be able to do that, but sometimes it's just so hard to put music into words!!
confused.gif
If any of you can find any suitable words to describe U2's masterpieces, please please let me know! I'm sure there are girls on here who maybe have better ideas how to do this than I do!

Thanks a lot for any help
smile.gif

Mara
~riverdraic?n~

Welcome to madness hunnie!!!!! *hugs Maj*
Glad to see you made and finally arrived into PLEBA after going through the dark forest aka ETYIW
biggrin.gif

oh, btw; check your inbox
wink.gif

Originally posted by +Laura+:
Welcome to madness hunnie!!!!! *hugs Maj*
Glad to see you made and finally arrived into PLEBA after going through the dark forest aka ETYIW
biggrin.gif

oh, btw; check your inbox
wink.gif

awwww thanks Laurinha!!! *hugs back*

Love and good luck to you with.. you know what
wink.gif

Mara
~riverdraic?n~

Back
Top Bottom