hero the next part

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
adam, elegant as always, stood on the sidewalk, upsidedown grin, hands thrust in pockets, leaning against an old looking light pole.
"edge and larry are collecting their women, i see you made it unscathed."
"oh hes not such a bad driver. if you want a scare come ride with me, bono will look boring after that."

bono, manly driving ego still in tact, smiled at ria with a sideways glance. ria felt his arm slide around her shoulder, warm and safe.
she looked at him and noticed his facial expression had changed drastically. mouth a thin line, eyes clouding over , he clamped his fingertips into the flesh of her shoulder and his lip twitched involuntarily.
adam looked to where bono was glowering at and saw the woman herself. shannon.
Waves of emotions washed over ria, most of all irritation. it was obvious shannon was drunk, as ria looked through the open doors of the pub. loud music pulsed through the air, she could see a dance floor towards the back.

"come on guys, lets just go in. nobodys ruining my night." she smiled descreetly at bono " specially since this is the first handsome date ive had in a long time"

Adam shrugged casually but showed hints of caution.
"s'pose it will be me she cries to after bono breaks her heart again. it bloody always is."
---------------

A private booth was set up for the honored guests and soon the rest of the group arrived. Anne and morleigh were introduced and had obviously been filled in on the days events. ria thought they were gourgeous, but thankfully not too done up. her eyes flashed over her ordinary clothes. conversation flowed freely, bono taking over often with some story, most complete bullocks. quietly ria sat and enjoyed her company, shannon in the back of her mind, piping in with a few comments and trading bites of food with bono.
adam recieved a very short and wicked look from bono when he offered ria a bite off his fork. he shared a look with ria and they both burst into giggles at bono's expense.

jumping up from the table, bono held his hand out to his date and nodded his head towards the dance floor.
images of bono's so called dancing popped up into her head, but were shoved out by her excitement.
a sudden thought of adam being all alone crossed her mind and she looked at him quickly.

"dont worry" bono whispered into her ear "he can have any girl here he wants, he'll be fine."

relaxed, she followed him as he led her by the hand

"this is the first time ive had an audience" she said, indicating to the bar with her eyes. there was shannon, scowling over a ridiculously large beer, and low cut shirt.

"youll get used to it being around me. audiences become like your family."

the dance floor was crowded, pulsing along with a fast beat, strobe light distorting faces.
tentatively, they learned the others ways, becoming comfortable by a couple songs, soon grinding, shaking and slithering around each other like theyd been doing it for ages. the feeling of bono's hand on her hip, or his body pressed against hers made ria feel like bursting a vein. their eyes locked at the end of a song, heads pressed together, they were out of breath and glistening under the flashing lights.
'this cannot be happening to me. i cant breathe, every time he touches me i want to melt onto the floor and fly at the same time. oh no, a slow song, i cant take a slow song. shit, hes pulling me in and i cant stop it. mmmm, but it feels so nice in here, in his arms. oh sweet mother of god his neck smells good- if i just bit it right there...no no, dont do that. get a grip ria, just dance....'

over bono's shoulder she noticed shannon chatting up adam. bristling for a second, she lost herself again in the landscape of her dancing partners neck, swaying back and forth. it was so lovely there, warm. thoughts swirled around bono's head, not stopping no matter how hard he tried. who was this girl? where from? how could she have just stolen his heart away like that without even trying?
maybe that was it, she didnt have to.
' it feels so right with her here, leaning on my chest, her breath on my neck. if she just bit right there....no, dont think like that. i cant be doing this again, getting hurt. please god, dont let me get hurt. i know what i want. i want her. no i dont know why. its so fast. i have to slow down, just let things happen, not scare her away. i wonder what shes thinking....'

with every rotation rias eyes rose up to look at adam ,looking very uncomfortable with shannon getting closer to him. the last notes of the song ended, both ria and bono taking in deep breaths to get the thoughts and excitement out of their bodies.

"look at him, bono" ria glanced at adam " i think i need to rescue him and have a dance. "
"rescuing him twice in one day? thats impressive. theres edge all by himself over there at the bar, i'll just go sit with him. if he gets too....touchy..."

ria smiled
"i can take care of myself better than you think"
---------

"i believe you owe me a dance" ria cut in between shannons words.
the relief on his face was immeasurable

"sorry shannon. girls. you know, just wont leave me alone!"
ria jerked him off by the hand.
ria didnt feel shy about getting up close to adam for the slow song that was coming on, he was so gentlemanly, and sweet.

"my hero yet again. " he whispered
"so whats my reward this time?" he laughed
"another day with the band? nah, you'll get bored with that lot."
they smiled at each other

" thats completely not true, but you cant recycle rewards anyway. it has to be different."

"well you could consider your snatching bono from under the noses of loads of women as my gift to you."

"what d you mean snatch? i took nothing. one date is hardly marriage. and i wont be here forever, they can all trample each other in the queue as soon as i fly out."

"you dont know him like we do, love. he hasnt looked like this at a woman in..well i dont remember him looking at a woman like he looks at you. dont ask me to explain the bloke, hes beyond my comprehension. but my guess is he will do anything to keep you around for a little longer."

rias thoughts and eyes turned to bono, sitting at the bar with edge, talking intensely. to her horror she saw shannon staggering a path to them, seeing her chance while he was apart from his awful date.

"shes at the table adam."
"dont worry , he will handle it gently as aways. just dance."

"sorry. youre right"

basking in the comfort of adam's arms she wondered how somebody so sweet be single. some things just dont make sense.

like what happened on their way out of the restaurant

Back
Top Bottom