Help with a Party...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I'm on a Christmas party planning committee for our department. It will be for about 35 people and our given budget is $10 per person, so $350. We have two hours, but can make it three if it includes the lunch hour, or longer if we start it at like 3pm and it goes past 5pm (when we stop working).

Anyway, so far we can't think of any good ideas that we can afford. The age range is like early 20s to mid-50s. Most people expect there to be some form of food and beverage involved. Since it's during work hours, we can't have alcohol.

In the past they've gone bowling, done a scavenger hunt at the mall, did a Geo-Cache on campus, went to a restaurant for breakfast, etc. We're trying not to repeat anything from the past and we want it to be something out of the office (re: not everyone eating potluck lunch in the large conference room).

Any ideas?

That's kinda what we were thinking, but it just depends on the prices. There's a cheaper place nearby, but it's kind of trashy (it's next to a pool hall and a strip club).

If we had a bigger budget, we'd have more options, but no one but me is into charging a few buck per person to increase the budget.

:sigh: I like planning, but I hate doing this kind of thing with a "committee". Not everyone is going to agree on everything, so we're not getting anywhere...

Liesje said:
(it's next to a pool hall and a strip club).

:lol: well those are some other options too :wink:

I had the same problem in planning a party for my staff & students...so...I just went with bowling.

Some theaters also let you rent one out for a party. I can't remember the price range, but that is an option too.

redhotswami said:

Some theaters also let you rent one out for a party. I can't remember the price range, but that is an option too.

Wow, we do think alike! I mentioned this too, because we actually have a theater on-campus in our communications building, so the only thing that would cost money is if we had to pay for a license for the movie, but everyone seemed to poo-poo it. Honestly, I think it sounds fun and relaxing! We could watch something dumb like Muppets Christmas and rent a commercial popcorn maker.

Back
Top Bottom