HELP! What books does Bono recommend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

#1bonobabe

The Fly
Ok PLEBAns...I figured that someone here would know the answer to this question.

I know that there have been articles and interviews about what books Bono recommends.

Does anyone remember what these books are??

It would be GREAT if someone could help!!

i dunno about what books he recommends but this is a great site! http://www.u2literary.com/
they have some great insight into bono's lyrics and cool wallpapers!
smile.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

I joost picked up a copy of "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" by Salman Rushdie. Can't wait to start reading...stooopid exams!

Anyway, if you have the U2 Bible there are a lot of books that Bono mentions in there (I made a list until about halfway through the book then stopped
frown.gif
)

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I joost picked up a copy of "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" by Salman Rushdie. Can't wait to start reading...stooopid exams!

I've heard that book is really long (but that isn't a bad thing
tongue.gif
) but absolutely excellent.
smile.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Off my site I have a link for "Reading List" check it out.. I think there's some stuff there about what he recommends and what he's read while writing a song... u2literary is very thorough on that topic.

this is awesome- i've been looking for that list that hotpepper posted, so thanks!!
smile.gif

------------------
"You just stretch it out and realise
a whisper can be louder than a scream." ~Bono

*U2TakeMeHigher*

I tried to read My Dark Places by James Ellroy. It was interesting but just, way way too gory for me.

The guy is really an interesting writer but I could not bring myself to finish the book.

Interesting that Bono liked that book , because I never would have guessed it.

BTW, the author was on FOX or CNN Last night being interviewed , I guess he has written a book or something on the LA riots?

I think U2 Literary is what I've been looking for! I forgot what it was called... I posted about it in Every Artist... Yay, thanks for this thread guys.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
i dunno about what books he recommends but this is a great site! http://www.u2literary.com/
they have some great insight into bono's lyrics and cool wallpapers!
smile.gif

Thanks girl!! I went to the site and they had a whole list of books that he recommends!!! ((HUGS))

huh!
confused.gif
i hadn't even realised that was there! silly me! but i am glad i could help.
smile.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

I picked up this list from someone in one of the interference forums a couple of months ago.

The New Testament, translated by Eugene Peterson

The Books of Wisdom, translated by Eugene Peterson

The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things by J T Leroy

My Dark Places by James Elroy

Shakespeare and the Goddess of Complete Being by Ted Hughes

What's so Amazing about Grace by Phillip Yancey

I know Bono also likes Flannery O'Conner. I've read a lot of her stuff and really liked it. I read The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things and thought it was one the most depressing books I've ever read.

Originally posted by hotpepper:
I picked up this list from someone in one of the interference forums a couple of months ago.

The New Testament, translated by Eugene Peterson

The Books of Wisdom, translated by Eugene Peterson

The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things by J T Leroy

My Dark Places by James Elroy

Shakespeare and the Goddess of Complete Being by Ted Hughes

What's so Amazing about Grace by Phillip Yancey

I know Bono also likes Flannery O'Conner. I've read a lot of her stuff and really liked it. I read The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things and thought it was one the most depressing books I've ever read.

WOOOOOoooOOH!! THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom