Help Ladies: I don't know how to talk to girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
alright, PLEBAns, i need your help!

i have a hard time talking with girls. i don't really know what to say or what to talk about. i'm 16 and in high school and all the girls i meet are kind of shy and quiet just like i am. i can't really start a conversaiton, or anything like that, just dumb blurbs of sometimes-funny stuff. please, ladies, help! what the hell do i say?

PS- oh, yeah, we also just watched the movie Alexander. maybe that's why everyone was so tired.

PPS- that movie sucked! don't watch it. it's 3 hours of crap.

Hmm, It's not so usual for masters to reveal their secrets so listen up, just kidding....:lol:

Well as Tara said it is important to see girls as humans...but of course you shouldn't underestimate the power of the occasional compliment.

It is as she also pointed out....a really good start with hi....If you think talking to girls is scary
,don't make the monster bigger than it actually is....:)

When you're at uni like me the first question to get a discussion going is naturally what part of the country they are from....but
since you're in highschool that might not work so well...:)

If both of you are nervous and quiet someone have to take the first step....It doesn't have to be anything dramatic...just drop a little comment about the weather or today's lunch in the cafeteria,this will get the discussion going, then just take it from there.....

But, you should also remember that it is just as important to be a good listener as a good speaker...

And about being shy, Girls doesn't bite, unless you want the to..... :wink:

Last edited:
Lemonboy said:
Girls doesn't bite, unless you want the to..... :wink:

:macdevil:

... btw, why am I not surprised that you posted in this thread, even though it says "Help Ladies..."?! :lol:

:sexywink:

I've always had more trouble talking to girls myself, even though I am one, so I understand when guys say this. In school most of my friends were guys. I like talking to girls here on PLEBA, I guess it's easier on the internet, or most likely, the people who come here are people are have something in common so that makes it easier! You will find some who aren't like the rest, I know!

Girls notice the simplicity of things. Compliment them on something. That's always a good way to get them to talk. I love it when guys initiate a hello. It's usually me who says "hi" first, but when the guy says hi before me I feel even more special. Basically what's already been said. Now, go to my "In need of guy advice" thread and post what you think I should do to get a guy's attention! :wink: http://forum.interference.com/t102934.html

Ok I dont know how I found myself In this strange place called PLEBA (and I thought vertigo was weird) but I'd say just try to be yourself. Most girls I know dont want a pretender. Just be down to earth and be yourself.

Just talk! Be completely sincere...do NOT lie to try to impress her. For example, I was once browsing through U2 CDs at a music store, and a guy came up and asked me if I liked U2. When I said they were my favorite band, he told me he loved them too...but when I asked him his favorite U2 song, he said, "That one really popular one they had from that one album." :rolleyes: The fact that he lied immediately annoyed me and made me want to have nothing more to do with him.

If there is a girl you spy you want to talk to, I highly suggest this: compliment her on a piece of jewelry she's wearing (provided she is wearing any!). It's very complimentary, yet you aren't coming off as superficial or too forward by complimenting a physical part of her. I love jewelry, and some of my often-worn pieces have a lot of sentimental value...if a guy takes interest in it, I just about melt.

Ditto what everyone else just said and add a if the girl is just a nervous as you that is probably a good sign, just be casual, honest and down to earth.
I once had a guy talk to me about how he was joining the army so he could blow :censored: up. Not the best idea considering I'm a non-violent person (although I did feel like kicking him):D

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom