Help !!! I have Strange request for WORK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starr

The Fly
Pleba...I need your help more then ever now. To give you all little background..i gave my boss the U2 Elevation Dvd for xmas. Ever since he brought it home his kids now make him watch the DVD every nite. They role play on who is who in the band.

Anyhoo..His 4 year Grant..wants to write letter to Bono, regarding 2 comments..1 is that he was very upset cause last nite they put disk 2 in for the 1st time & he was upset that there were no new stuff to watch. The 2nd issue is that he thinks he can just go MSG any nite & see the band. My Boss Jeff told Grant about how touring works & now he asks are they in NY yet.

My job today is compose a letter for Grant...I am just really am bad at this..so can you guys help me out on how i should do this.

Plus i need an address where i can send this letter to Bono. Grant is going to draw him picture too.

PLEASE PLEBA i need YOUR HELP!!!!!

Starr

[This message has been edited by Starr (edited 01-22-2002).]

Why do you have to write the letter for the 4 year old? Is it because his dad is your boss? As far as an address...I heard after Bono's dad died, letters were sent to Dublin with "Bono of U2, Dublin" and he got them.
Someone here should have a physical address for Principle Managment, that would be my best guess.
Good Luck.

I sent the OneLove fan sympathy card thingy after Bono's father died to an address for Principle Mgt. in Dublin. I know they received it because I got an email thanking me for it later. If you want the mailing address, I can try to dig it up again.
smile.gif

yeah whatever address i can get. i will send a letter to each address.

On why i have to do this..is because my Boss asked me to. He is my BOSS, which he controls my raises...Plus, he is a great boss..he let me cut out many times for all my U2 stuff plus..gave me extra vaca days for all my U2 adventures. So, i have to do this for him.

But i am just not sure what to write because...i am not 4...& i have no clue what exactly to say.

GOD this is truly hard...i been working on this all morning & all i got was Dear Bono, my name is Grant & i am 4 years old...then i am blank.

Starr

That is so cute!
biggrin.gif
Maybe you should talk to Grant directly, or get more info a different way? Or... What you wrote here sounded great, just make it first person.
Oh, I have such fuzzies right now. ^_^

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

just want to say thanks for all the help...Jeff's gonna take notes tonite on what Grant wants to tell Bono & i will keep you posted.

But i do need the addresses.

that's so cute!!!

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

What do you guys think of this...Cause i am having such trouble...

I told my Boss have Grant try to write to Bono, as best he can, on several sheets of paper & i will attach note to Grant's letter deciphering what he said. i was told Grant wants to attach pics too, with his camera that makes stickers. No clue what that is.

Oh i found out why i assigned this task. It was because i bought the DVD for him xmas & he has to watch it every nite & try to explain to Grant that they won't be town tommorrow. I told him "Hey!!! you could be trapped listening N'sync, you should be greatfull, that i have crupted your children with GREAT music" He said "Don't get me wrong, i enjoy watching them pretend they Bono & the Edge. Grant prefers Larry. Eric who is 7 likes the Edge because of his name & Lauren who is 2 they make her Adam because she just bounces up & down. The funny part is they make my Boss be Bono cause he knows most of words to the song. When he told me this i almosted peed my pants.

Starr you didn't pee on your pants, but I came pretty fecking close. That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard, that your boss actually agrees to participate in this is hilarious. I say this cause all guys have this macho front and no matter how much they love their kids there is a line of humiliation they will never cross. *wondering if his wife has ever seen this*

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

this is so cute.

Bono?s address in Dublin is Vico Road, Killiney, Co Dublin

try this one as well

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Thanks so much for the house address..i couldn't remember the name of the road, i just now how to get there.

I will scan the pics if i can, when i get them of his kids. They will be from some sticker camera (no clue what that means).

He was telling so many people at work yesterday that his Kids just love U2 & the Elevation DVD. Monday nite he told me he was home alone with the kids because his wife was at a conference. So, grant asked to watch & as soon as the other kids heard they came running in & started jumping around & playing air drums & air guitar. He says he has no control of the kids when U2 is on because all they want to do is what Bono does. He said he keep telling them to calm down they are gonna break something. he said, they never watch the whole DVD..they watch few songs & then it's bed time. But they remember where they left off for the next watching.

The funniest thing was they got a kick out Bono w/the girl on stage..The screamed OH MY GOD he kissed her !!!!! HE kissed her on the lips!!!! DAD did you see that!!! EWWWWWW He kissed a stranger!!!!

Well guys, i will let you know how it goes...He gonna work on the letter with grant tonite or over the weekend. He didn't get to it last nite because he got home to late from work.

Thanks again guys for all your help....
YOU ALL ARE such awesome people...it makes me smile
biggrin.gif
to be apart such great community of people.

Starr

Originally posted by Starr:
The funniest thing was they got a kick out Bono w/the girl on stage..The screamed OH MY GOD he kissed her !!!!! HE kissed her on the lips!!!! DAD did you see that!!! EWWWWWW He kissed a stranger!!!!

Bwahahahah! She's got Bono cooties.

Wait ...

What am I saying?

I want Bono cooties!!!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

awwwww! that is the most adorable thing ever!! and they include all the boys when they role play!

....hey!

i wanna play! can i be edge? i wanna write to them too!

*puts on edge attire*

*dances around*

weeeeeeeeeee!

em, sorry i was no help, but i adore the story!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

*shriek* I've never heard of this! lol I love it! I can't get over it... LMAO
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Starr:

He was telling so many people at work yesterday that his Kids just love U2 & the Elevation DVD. Monday nite he told me he was home alone with the kids because his wife was at a conference. So, grant asked to watch & as soon as the other kids heard they came running in & started jumping around & playing air drums & air guitar. He says he has no control of the kids when U2 is on because all they want to do is what Bono does. He said he keep telling them to calm down they are gonna break something. he said, they never watch the whole DVD..they watch few songs & then it's bed time. But they remember where they left off for the next watching.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

Back
Top Bottom