Help Bono's Agenda by Publicizing the G8!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oktobergirl

Refugee
I posted this in a reply on u2news but thought I should let you guys know about this here, in case anyone was interested...

True, the G8 convention has begun.

There is something we can do amongst all of this grandoise meetings of the top finance ministers in the world.

Check out your local paper , or check out youtwo.net and find an article relating to the African debt issue. Send an response to the editorial seciton of the paper. You can find formulated responses at:
http://www.jubileeusa.org/
Then click on
G8 Leaders, Cancel the Debt Now!
Take action- Write a letter to your newspaper

I just take the response, sort of change it around a bit to make it mine, after I read the article and send it off to letters to the editor. ( email is the best way. you can usually find the email address online at the paper's website).

The LA times had a commentary today and so did the Tampa Tribune. And these are just the papers that mentioned Bono!

So you know their out there.

The more aware the media is about the G8 convention the next few days , the more coverage there will be. Of course we all know publicity is the best way to bring a cause to the center of debate ( thanks Bono).
Time is awastin, so get writing! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions on what to do if you feel the urge.

Last edited:
Thanks Angel :)

Amen. I'll search and post whatever I find tomorrow and Fri. These NEXT TWO DAYS are critical! I think it could be powerful if they hear from us AS THEY DISCUSS! And like I said on the main forum...if yer the prayin sort...what we really need to get this done is changed hearts!

Again, O'Neill's office 202 622 0190

www.ustreas.gov

Pres Bush is at whitehouse.gov

Your senators are at congress.com

All the above links, sample letters and more at my site, in my sig. PLEASE take the time guys. I HATE it when I feel pressured, so I almost hesitate to say this, but...did you know it takes less time to make this phone call/cut and paste a letter than to boot up a typical computer? :D

Love yas,
Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom