Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aine_hewson

Acrobat
I got an old computer, and it doesn't hang much, and I have over 5000 pictures of Bono... and I need to take them off my computer because they're taking too much space.. but I can't do it!!!
Everytime I select the folder and I'm about to press "delete" I see a cute pic and I give up, but I also can't stand this computer so slow!! It takes almost 10 minutes to log in! :reject:
Help meeeeeeeee!!! :sad: :help:

I thought about creating an online folder and puting the pics there, but nothing is like having them in your computer and checking them anytime!!

*cries* What do I do???!!!!
:banghead:

A lot of us have that problem. I know I do. My computer is 3 and a half and getting slow. But somebody told me it's not the pics, it's other programs that are making it slow. I got rid of Kazaa and real player and it helped. Also x ing out of AIM helps. Some girls have put their pics on discs but I don't know how. Don't delete them. I fear losing my pics so I keep them all and always try to find a place to put them. Right now it's fotki. You sound like you have a hell of a collection, I hope you make a website so we can visit them! Take care of those pics! Get rid of other stuff but not those!;)

I'm an idiot in pic matters. Can you put them on a disk perchance? I know we had to put my Istanbul pic (the pic that is now my avatar) on disk because we originally downloaded it into my dad's computer, not mine. So you can put pix on disk. I imagine it'd be a pain to put that many pix on a disk, but it's an option. At least you'll still have them.

verte76 said:
I'm an idiot in pic matters. Can you put them on a disk perchance? I know we had to put my Istanbul pic (the pic that is now my avatar) on disk because we originally downloaded it into my dad's computer, not mine. So you can put pix on disk. I imagine it'd be a pain to put that many pix on a disk, but it's an option. At least you'll still have them.

it's really easy to put them on a disc if you have a CD burner. I back up everything every few months. It's a good thing too because I had a serious shut down a few months ago and had to clear my hard drive. All I did was pop in all of the discs and my pictures and files I need were all back on my computer.

Anyways to answer your question, if you have a CD burner than just make a data disc. You can do the pictures individually or the entire folder. I think the last disc I made had about 1500-2000 pictures so they hold quiet a bit.

I'm sure there's other options you can do too but this is the only way I know how to back up pictures.

aine_hewson said:
I don't have a cd burner
*cries*

:ohmy: I'd get yourself an online account with someone and start uploading!

Snapfish is free as long as you buy something from them once a year. Even a print of one of your pictures, which is only like a quarter! But their film processing is pretty reasonable so I've used them a lot.

arw9797 said:

:ohmy: I'd get yourself an online account with someone and start uploading!
She's right. :yes:
Getting an online album like snapfish or photobucket is a good solution for you.

U2Kitten said:
But somebody told me it's not the pics, it's other programs that are making it slow. I got rid of Kazaa and real player and it helped.
Probably your computer is slow because of some programs.Maybe you should "clean the house" a bit.Look for old games or programs which aren't necessary anymore. :)

Kitten is right, it's probably not the pictures. If you're curious how much space they actually take, go to My Computer, right click on the hard drive (usually Local Disc, or C:\) and click Properties and it will say how big of a hard drive you have. Then right click on your pics folder and go to properties and see how much is in that folder and compare. Unless you have less than a 10GB hard drive, the pictures are probably not the issue. I have over 13,000 pics on my computer and they hardly make a dent in hard disc space or available memory. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove ANYTHING on that list you don't recognize or don't use. Also, if the computer is slow, you might have a virus or spyware. You can download Adaware 6.0 for free and it will remove spyware/adware from the computer. You can also upgrade with more RAM if the computer is too slow.

Honey, when I was living at home, my mom got a little upset at all the photos that were on the hard drive. Floppy disks baby(does anyone call them that). Anyways, I have 12 disks floating around my apartment now.

Back
Top Bottom