Heartwarming Bono Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I was looking at these fan submitted photos and I found this one..what a nice story :heart:

"During the Democratic National Convention Bono performed at Symphony Hall. Former Gov. Dukakis took us back stage to meet the amazing him. Brian (left), who is blind, told Bono his music paints a picture for the blind and that he made sunglasses cool for blind people. This touched Bono and he gave Brian, my fiance, his sunglasses! They're now in a shrine in my apartment."

1117541204_3503.jpg

another one

"I broke a small rule and had my wife out on the airfield when U2 flew into Philly the 14th of May. It became a "problem" when she was seen standing at the bottom of the steps with "Michka Assayas Bono Book" in her hand. Security 'Neutralized' the situation & sent her away quickly .

I think Bono' might have known that they we're being held up by a 'fan' problem so when he came down the steps I greeted him with a kiss, welcomed him to Philadelphia & told him that was my wife was expecting. He waived her over and she couldn't get there fast enough. He hugged & talked to us like he was family for at least 5-10 min. He wrote a dedication to our future baby in my wife's book."

1117543111_3582.jpg

I think it's the little things that really make me adore Bono. Yeah, his activist work is amazing but it's knowing that he also does little things like the above mentioned to make you realize that he is truly genuine.

madonna's child said:
I think it's the little things that really make me adore Bono. Yeah, his activist work is amazing but it's knowing that he also does little things like the above mentioned to make you realize that he is truly genuine.

very well said, I agree completely :)

stars, you're not by yourself.

And by now, I don't care what anyone else thinks of that statement.

There is only one Bono in the Universe.

I just love this man. He's so 'not up his own ass'!:lol:

He just seems to know how to act w/ppl. Seems like he knows what they want before they do.

I dunno, I'd never have believed that a 'rock star' could be so warm and thoughtful.

Hats off to the best!!

Bono is so amazing...he is truly a good person.....I WANT HIM MORE THAN EVER NOW:bow:

I have such a GREAT heartwarming Bono story to share - I just wish I had the time.

It involves Bono, me, a guitar and an eleven year old girl.

I'll try to post it this weekend and make some of you love him even more!

Bono is one of the post-punk musicians who saw how the previous generations of musicians behaved to their fans and deliberately did not follow that path. I nominate Mike Peters from the Alarm and Billy Bragg as two other great musicians and brilliant PEOPLE!

Here is another story i found a while ago

'Four years ago we found out our son had a brain tumor. He had to undergo a serious operation and we missed U2 because of the timing. A friend bought our tickets, and unbeknowst to us waited outside to meet Bono before hand. She had a video camera and told Bono our story and asked if he would record a quick message for us. He said yes and I now have in my hands a tape from Bono wishing my son the very best and saying a prayer for him. He even signed a teddy bear for him and wrote 'To Shane, Your strength will carry you through blessed child'
He is truly a wonderful caring man'

WOW :ohmy:

Bono is just :drool:

Aw, awesome story, dazzlingamy! :) :up:. What a sweetheart. I know that'd certainly cheer me up. And Jamila, when you can find the time, yes, feel free to share that story.

blueeyedgirl said:
Bono is one of the post-punk musicians who saw how the previous generations of musicians behaved to their fans and deliberately did not follow that path. I nominate Mike Peters from the Alarm and Billy Bragg as two other great musicians and brilliant PEOPLE!

Don't know much about Billy Bragg (but hey, you say he's a nice guy, so yay for him, too :)), but I'll agree with you about Mike Peters-he seems really cool, too. I've heard many good stories about his treatment of his fans. Same goes for some of the other musicians that I like-good stories involving them, too.

Yay for musicians who care about their fans and who are just genuinely nice people! They had good parents :yes:.

Angela

I've met both Mike (ran into him on a street in Chester, near Wales) and Billy (after a gig) and they were 2 of the nicest people I've met, even forgetting they're musicians and famous! Billy is known to always come out after a gig and talk to fans, and some have even become friends cos they see each other so often! Unfortunately, it is easier for both these artists cos they aren't as famous as U2 and U2's fame has distanced themselves from their fans from necessity. Still, Bono gives way more than a star of his position usually does, and for that we're grateful.

OK, it's Father's Day so I think it's appropriate to finally share the heart warming Bono story that I've been carrying with me since this happened on 12 May 2005 outside the United Center in Chicago.

That day I was standing in the first row of the fanline with afamily who had travelled 300 miles by car to attend the concert that night.

The mom and dad were in their 40's and had been U2 fans for 20 years. Their last U2 concert was Popmart and they were THRILLED to bring along their 11 year old daughter with them to Chicago to also see U2.

The young girl (whose name was ARIA - like the operatic song) was a budding electric guitarist and had brought her guitar with her in hopes that Bono and Edge would sign her guitar.

Some people, not wanting to totally burst her hopes, were gently telling Aria that U2 doesn't sign guitars for fear that they'll end up on ebay. I had a different feeling about that day. I kept telling Aria not to worry because I would get Bono to sign her guitar!

What even made me think that I could possibly influence the B-man was the fact that Bono and I had two very nice conversations on 9 and 10 May and I felt confident that the positive vibe that existed between him and I would be enough to persuade Bono to sign Aria's guitar.

When Bono finally arrived, Aria was excited. I told her again not to worry - I would get Bono to sign that guitar. When he approached us, he recognized me and said "Hello! Good to see you again." while smiling broadly.

I looked at Bono straight in his eyes and said "Bono, you have to sign her guitar." He stopped for a few seconds, looked at Aria and her parents and then looked back at me and I said again "Bono - sign her guitar. It's OK!" He must have trusted my judgment because the next thing we knew Bono was signing Aria's guitar! Everyone in the fan line was now cheering for this little girl.

Bono smiled at me again when he was done signing the guitar and said "See you later" while touching my arm.

After Bono was through with the fan line, Edge's car appeared next. When he got to Aria and saw Bono's signature already on Aria's guitar, Edge immediately signed it too.

Aria was elated - her dream had come true! Now her guitar had the signatures of her two favorite musicians and she said that she would never play that guitar again. (lol) She was so cute and sincerely grateful that I didn't mind not spending more time with the B-man. I had helped to fulfill this girl's dream.

I tell this story on Father's Day as another indication of just what a MAGNIFICENT MAN AND FATHER the B-man is. Aria did resemble Bono's daughter Eve when she was Aria's age, so maybe he saw a bit of his own child in Aria.

I hope you liked my Bono Father's Day story - it's all true.

I REALLY LOVE AND RESPECT BONO for all that he is and for all that he does.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, BONO and EDGE! Your families are fortunate to be part of your lives.

Back
Top Bottom