heart suitcase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, Z! I vote shoulder, too. :yes:

I've decided to have the candle of mine illuminate a banner that reads: "Is there a time for human rights?" from Miss Sarajevo.

RegularBonoFan said:
Well, I like the Walk On/Amnesty International logo, but I dont just want a simple black outline. I'm going to do a full-colour 3D-looking lit crimson-(RED) candle with silver barbed wire sitting on a black saucer that looks like the ONE logo with a rosary curving around the saucer. I'm not Catholic, I'm not even religious, I just like how they look. On the barbs of the wire, I'm thinking of having to look like there's DATA and Edun and the African continent with the target and things like that engraved on them. I also want to have the flame of the candle illuminating things, but I'm not sure of what yet. I'm gonna have it done on my right shoulder, like a quarter-sleeve or maybe even a half-sleeve. Gonna be pretty cool, but also a lot of fun to show Bono if I ever meet him.

And THAT's why I need someone who can draw. :giggle:

:up: sounds very cool.

Here it is, folks. Smack dab in the middle, between my shoulder blades. This pic was taken moments after it was done. I :heart: it!!!!!!
2454005430_d51fa0cc09.jpg

zuropa_fit said:
Here it is, folks. Smack dab in the middle, between my shoulder blades. This pic was taken moments after it was done. I :heart: it!!!!!!
2454005430_d51fa0cc09.jpg
Lookin' spiffy, Z! :hug:

Just got back from seeing my tattoo artist RJ at Prestige Tattoo:

IMG_3326.jpg

I have an "N" on my thumb (for my son Nick, my grandson Noah and the song Numb) and 2 U2 hearts with wings....two hearts and if God will send his angels.....sorry the pic is kinda blurred, it's hard to take a decent pic of the angle of the tattoos on one hand with the camera in the other hand! :wink:

OMG! that looks so painfull :yikes: what a courage! Looks very nice

Thank God tattoes are forbbiden by Catholicism :lol: I wouldn´t do that

I´m not so sure about tattoos because you cant donate organs or blood

I'd never heard that tattoos are forbidden by Catholicism. I do know you shouldn't donate blood if you have tattoos but had never heard of no donorship--maybe not to strangers but certainly blood and organs to family or close friends would be allowed. Still I don't care whether a tattoo is taboo or not, accepted or not. I have mine for reasons and they are MINE so I don't care what anybody else says or thinks.

They don't hurt any more than the discomfort you feel getting a filling or root canal at a denatl office and everyone is different, so the "pain" isn't really pain but discomfort and that level is differnet in each individual. Most people who have tattoos would admit it really wasn't painful as in unbearable pain.

To each his/her own. :yes:

Caroni said:
OMG! that looks so painfull :yikes: what a courage! Looks very nice

I´m not so sure about tattoos because you cant donate organs or blood

hmmm, I think someone may be trying to dissuade you from getting inked :wink:

I've never ever heard of them being banned in Catholicism, maybe frowned upon but that's a different story.

In Australia you can't donate blood if you've recently had a tattoo done but if you wait a while you can and should.
As for organ donation, it's fine and a good thing to do :yes:

Caroni said:

Maybe that's why a very 'conservative' looking family at the mall last weekend were whispering about me using the words "tattoo" and "satan worshipper" :lol: srsly?!?! satan worship?!?! :lol: its a HEART IN A SUITCASE not a pentagram :lol:

^:lmao: :lmao: No way! I´m not that intolerant! :lmao:

It looks great :D

cinnaminson said:

hmmm, I think someone may be trying to dissuade you from getting inked :wink:

I've never ever heard of them being banned in Catholicism, maybe frowned upon but that's a different story.

a priest told us it was forbidden and I found this on the net:

"We are not astonished to see that Moses, God’s great lawmaker, had legislated long before: “You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, neither shall you make on yourselves any figures or marks. I am the Lord” (Lev. 19:28). So, Moses forbade the Israelites not only to cut themselves, but also to make upon their bodies figures or marks. Here the practice of tattooing is clearly ruled out. This prohibition would help save the Israelites from imitating the false and depraved customs of their pagan neighbors. "

Dissuade... Nop I would never get one, my pain threshold is way too low :lmao: and I can´t even commit to what I´m having for dinner so, I don´t think a permanent mark will suit me :lol:

Of course IF I ever get one (since I had hepatitis when I was younger, I can´t donate enything anyway) it could be something God and/or U2 related)

Last edited:
Well I personally do not care what it says in the Bible, and it is unfortunate that most of society frowns upon tattoos. You'd be surprised what kinds of people have them but they are just in hidden parts of their bodies. Most people who display tattoos are creative and this is their way of showing different parts of their creative characters.

I hvae a low tolerance to pain, I consider myself to be such a baby when it comes to going to the dentist, getting stitches, going to the Dr etc. But like I said before, the tattoo is an entirely different kind of "pain", more so a discomfort, not pain.

And like I said before, to each his/her own.

Back
Top Bottom