Hawaii 12/9/06 Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How cool that you are back for a nostalgia trip, even more lucky you can afford to do something like that! Wish I could but then I've been lucky enough having done a Hawaii AND a Europe trip in one year's time. It's great but expensive being a U2 fan!

u2wedge said:
and these $35 posters are still going for $300+ unframed on eBay... I had to go the eBay route myself shortly after the show.

DSC_0131.jpg
there was NOTHING left to buy after the show...if they had been smart, they would have opened those souvenior booths before the show and all of us in the pens could have shopped all day!!:wink: we bought nothing...I would LOVE that poster!!

Carek1230 said:
How cool that you are back for a nostalgia trip, even more lucky you can afford to do something like that! Wish I could but then I've been lucky enough having done a Hawaii AND a Europe trip in one year's time. It's great but expensive being a U2 fan!

Heh, I got lucky. Hawaii's been one of my cheapest trips.

Airfare: On sale, and flew out of Portland.

Lodging: Stayed with a friend. All that cost me was a concert ticket and fighting for the bill when we ate, and she won half the time.

WOW! It's been a whole year today! Awesome show, super memories.....so many friends there old and new, celebrity sightings at every turn on the floor, perfect balmy weather that evening, no rain, great music, absolute PARADISE! Not too sure how U2 could top that evening for me!

Congrats to you on your engagement Mel! How romantic the way Matt proposed! :wink:

popbellydancer said:
Jesus Matt proposed to me on the line "You say you want diamonds and a ring of gold" during AIWIY Dec 9th 2006....and I said yes! :love: :heart:

OMG how incredibly sweet and romantic! :love: Congratulations :)

I can't believe a year has passed since Hawaii! Never thought I would go it seemed like such a long shot. Can say this was the quickest trip I have ever planned in a VERY short amount of time :lol: Would love to relive the concert again along with that gorgeous weather and all of the cool people I met :).

Aww shucks

unico said:
Did Adrianna disappear? Where is she these days? I never see her :(

I miss you to dear, just got back from overseas with my guy. I will try to stay in touch with you from now on.:yes:

Now, I am off to find that infamous Hawaii pic of "the posse". I know I have it in my Photbucket account.

* The memories of last year are so amazing. I walked right up to John and asked him could I talk to Bono, like I was an old friend of his or something.:lol: Then, seeing Edge on the beach, shaking his hand and riding on the trolley with him was surreal. And Adam:drool: I am not even going to start...
FPI612100382V1_b.jpg

adrianahand.jpg

adriana-1.jpg

100_9357.jpg

This is the beach where I met the Edge at..
ThedayImetTheEdge.jpg

This is the girl who was with me.
picture308so5.jpg

isabelle_bp (left)

Carmelu2fan said:
* The memories of last year are so amazing. I walked right up to John and asked him could I talk to Bono, like I was an old friend of his or something.:lol: Then, seeing Edge on the beach, shaking his hand and riding on the trolley with him was surreal. And Adam:drool: I am not even going to start...
FPI612100382V1_b.jpg

adrianahand.jpg

adriana-1.jpg

OMG! All I can say about this picture is HOW did you guys luck out with that little tiny baby security guard in front of you????? I had a 7 ft 500 lb guy in front of me that WOULD NOT MOVE:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

cool pics.

it's always strange to me to think what it might be like at a concert in terms of fan energy if instead of everyone focusing on the picture they're taking they just rocked out to the music.

i'm as guilty of taking pics at shows as much as the next guy, but when you look at that last pic, you have to admit that some energy is getting snuffed out in lieu of the 'shot'. At least one person's into the moment for what it is. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom